I loved this movie and both my daughters loved it even more. It is AS GOOD as the first part, therefore this review follows the main lines of my review of the first "Despicable me". This review contains very limited SPOILERS.

Published 9 months ago by Maciej

3.0 out of 5 stars Really slow delivery
Absolutely brilliant film that I love more than the kids ! BUT AS I PRE ORDERED IT I EXPECTED IT THE DAY IT WAS OUT NOT 4DAYS LATER ,
Published 2 months ago by Zoe Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars A greatly successful sequel with even more hilarity, despicability, girl power and minions - and agent Lucy Wilde..., 1 July 2013
Maciej "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)

1. Hilarity - Exactly as the first film, this sequel is HILARIOUS! There is hardly any 15 seconds in this movie that would not contain a really good gag, children or/and adult oriented. Whoever wrote the scenario was a genius!

2. Despicability - in this film Gru is a little bit different from what he was in the first part. He is no more so grumpy, mean, petty and permanently aggravated - he certainly smiles more and all his attitude softened. He remains however exactly as insecure as in the first film. That being said, there are moments in this film when the old Gru resurfaces, when his heart is broken or when somebody REALLY upsets him. His geriatric sidekick and only friend (well, kind of) doctor Nefario didn't take all this change easily and he has some trouble to adapt his evil laboratory to new tasks of producing jam and jelly... Gru's murderous (and toxic) dog/rat/wolverine/skunk like pet on another hand felt completely under the spell of the girls - but still gives a great show! The two "bad guys" are also excellent - which is a real achievement, considering that one of them belongs to species usually not associated with evil villainy...)))

3. Girl power - as in the previous film, I believe that any parent of little girls will fall immediately in love with Margo, Edith and Agnes, the three little orphaned sisters Gru adopted in the first part. Those seemingly defenseless creatures took him since under the sweet and soft but in the same time surprisingly totalitarian control little girls exercise over their fathers, adoptive or not...))) Agnes, the youngest of the three (I think she is 5) is still particularly sweet - if only she was real I would adopt her on the spot and spoil her silly all the rest of my life! Tomboyish Edith, aged around 8, still wears permanently her pink hat which seems to comfort her, but as you will see she certainly recovered from her previous traumas...))) Margo, the oldest one, is now a young teenager (she is about 13 I think) and starts already to think about boys, something which TERMINALLY freaks Gru out - and I can relate here! Honestly, if you already are a parent of a little girl, you WILL LOVE this movie. And if you do not have yet a young daughter, get one!

4. Minions - as in previous film, as far as reasons to watch this movie go, even the girls must cede the first place to the minions! The totally devoted, fearless (well, mostly) and highly professional and in the same time impossibly immature and conflicted army of Gru minions is THE greatest treasure of this movie. In this film there is even more minions and believe me - they pack incredible fun! I am very impatient to see their own film (which I believe will be released in 2014).

5. Agent Lucy Wilde, a young rising star in the Anti Villain League, is a new element and a new delight added to this film and her character is a great success. Well trained in martial arts and using some extremely cool gadgets, she is also a mixture of perfect lady and a tomboyish, contagiously enthusiastic adventurer, still lacking a little bit of experience and therefore prone to attack first and ask questions later...))) And she is also cute, which certainly doesn't hurt.

I purposefully omitted in this review some of the characters and did not hint at most of the gags and scenes, to avoid big spoilers and keep things short.

To conclude, this is a TREASURE OF A MOVIE. A thing to see in cinema, then buy on DVD, watch, keep and re-watch on regular basis. And I ABSOLUTELY hope for A SECOND SEQUEL!

PS. LONG LIVE MINIONS!

3.0 out of 5 stars Really slow delivery, 22 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars suitable for small people, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
this will keep grandchildren happy and quiet for a couple of hours which will make parents and grandparents very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Minions steal the show!, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Just great - hits all the right notes. You'll laugh, cry and squirm. And the Minions should have a movie of their own. A real winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 13 July 2013
R. Forse (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My wife and I took our 3 year old to the cinema to watch this as the first film is such a favourite in our house. Despicable Me 2 easily held his interest (first trip to the cinema) and he was laughing along with many elements of the visual comedy throughout the film.

Make no mistake, this is a Minion vehicle, as they continually steal the scenes with their distinctive brand of hilarity, but as well as this obvious element, there is also a really sweet story (much like the first film) which underpins the characters and takes the viewer on a story where you actually care what happens to each of them at every turn.

It's definitely up there with the best animated films and manages to build on the equity of the first film without making you think it's just been created as a licence to print money (see Cars 2). A film that can make you laugh and cry, and teach lessons of the importance of relationships, whether animated or not is a thing of beauty. One that is enjoyed by 3 year olds and 30 year olds is exceptionally rare and this is a wonderful example of that.

This comes with the highest recommendation.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Minion Short Movies!!!, 2 Dec 2013
K. Whyberd (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Please be aware that this DVD does NOT have the Minion short movies on it.
Led to some disappointment as the Minions normally steal the show and had already heard how good the short films are from someone who a special version.
Look for "includes 3 exclusive mini movies" on the front of the pack to avoid disappointment!

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 17 April 2014
L. Harris "honest" (Swansea.Wales.uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Bought for 6year old who was down with chicken pox.She and her sibblings watched it 7 times in first week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minion Madness, 16 April 2014
wicket2005 (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I just love the minions, who would not with their crazy characters and funny language. I found the film entertaining as it continued after the first story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I buy all our DVDs from here and wouldn't go anywhere else now...would recommend despicable me it's a watch and kids love it x

5.0 out of 5 stars nice film, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I wasnt expecting it to be any good but it impressed me. I think its as good as the first one. Nice family film.

ARRAY(0xa78d4a80)

Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] by Chris Renaud (DVD - 2013)
10.80