5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone!!
The Z10 is a very well designed phone. It is very fast, the camera is excellent, the browser is great and I am happy with the application selection. I have bought a variety of good apps, including various games (Boggle, Need For Speed UnderCover, a variety of Tower Defence Games (e.g. FieldRunners 2), ZooIsland, AngryBirds, Little 3 Kingdoms and SimCity Deluxe to name a...
Published 13 months ago by Ed Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but hasn't converted me from Android
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:13 Mins
This is a short out of the box look at the new Z10. I've not had a chance to fully get to grips with it all, but first impressions are OK.

The screen is nice and clear, the interface is slick and smooth, but the lack of home key caused me a bit of confusion (I'm use to Android so missed the home key).

Voice recognition...
Published 18 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

‹ Previous | 110 11 1215 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
For several years I was using only Apple phones, but to be honest lately Apple products don’t surprise me anymore, so I’ve decided to change to another phone.
I have tried to use an android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), but I felt that was really slow; not the phone, but the soft is terrible. After weeks of search I decide to switch to Blackberry and I can say it was worth it.
This phone is amazing – fast email access, great calendar app and mostly I don’t need to charge it every day .

4.0 out of 5 stars BlackBerry z10, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
Item is ok. Delivered on time except the battery cover does not fit firmly. I wish I have another cover to fit fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars new phone, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
A new phone with features high quality. I will recommend to my friends, my family and other people. I love Blackberry....

5.0 out of 5 stars Z10, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
As a long time Nokia user I love this phone. (N9 and Pureview 808)

It has a few things in common with N9 and Symbian - ex: HDMI out and 64GB mem card support.

If you are looking for replacement for your Symbian phone then a Blackberry Z10/Z30 should be a
strong contender. Note: the camera has nothing on the 808 but is better than the N9.

4.0 out of 5 stars New review, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
This phone didn't work at all. I wanted to send it back and get my money back too.
Just before packing the next day, I thought I will try again just in case... And I'd started working perfectly!!
So I'm gonna keep this phone and enjoy it! - only the battery life is a bit shorter than I expected.
P.S- sorry about my first review (which now has been deleted)

5.0 out of 5 stars First time buying a mobile phone on the internet. This is superb quality., 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
I was very apprehensive about buying a mobile phone on the internet but any apprehensions were blown away when the Z10 arrived.

This was boxed and brand new and was exactly what I expected. there was even a case and screen protectors in the box.

Phone has a nice feel and as first time smartphone user blackberry have a wonderful product, There are plenty of Apps but its not about having a high volume of Apps for me , its about the ease of use and picture quality with the camera,,,SUPERB... I will be upgrading to the next blackberry in a years time

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
What a comeback for BlackBerry. I have had no issues or problems with this phone since I got it on it's launch day. The keyboard is very accurate and flows smoothly, something i was a bit worried about after using the physical keyboard for a long time.
I do recommend this phone to everybody and have managed to gather a couple of converts who are full of praise, also.
Give it a try. You may surprise yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
Nice, good smartphone in good price. Great OS, so smooth! Gestures rocks. And don't believe there are no apps... :)

1.0 out of 5 stars It was very unfortunate to have bought this phone. ..., 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
It was very unfortunate to have bought this phone. There is some major problem. The battery dosent give more than 5 hours although I bought another new one. Very dissapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Must try harder, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Blackberry Z10 Sim Free Smartphone (Unlocked Phone)
This is a beautiful phone. It looks the part, feels just right in your hands and what's more, it's lighter than most previous Blackberries. This is my first Blackberry with no physical keyboard - something I've resisted for years. And the keyboard experience is great - the software does a great job of guessing what you meant when you hit the wrong keys and you also have the option of 'flicking' suggested words up from those that appear between the keyboard rows.

What else is good? Well, the user interface for a start. Very well laid out, very well thought through. The 'Hub' that collects all email, text, Twitter, Facebook etc accounts works wonders - you just swipe to the left and there they all are - and swipe up to exit. These actions become intuitive very quickly and I found I don't miss having a home or exit key remotely.

The camera is also excellent - taking rich, instant photos that my iphone friends have been very impressed with.

The phone has been through two official software updates so far. These fixed early problems, including low battery life and poor low-level photography. There are still a few quirks:

- when you draft an email on Thunderbird or Yahoo email on your PC, after a couple of minutes, you'll get a new message 'ping' on the phone - when it's merely your own draft. This alert can continue over an hour after sending a message - your home screen and message hub insisting you have a new message, when it's just one you sent - from your PC - over an hour ago

- memos and tasks are not searchable from inside the memo application - you have to exit and do a general search, which tends to yield many irrelevant email and other results, when all you wanted was a particular memo

- the app selection - being Blackberry - is fairly limited. No Skype, Spotify, Instagram, Google Maps, Netflix, Facetime. Although Android apps can be 'side-loaded', they are clearly not optimised for the device

- Blackberry have discontinued their own, data-light Internet Service. Data usage is now significantly higher. Whereas sending when photos to contacts, the old phone would presume you wanted to send a compressed shot, that isn't even an option anymore and sending anyone a photo is a time-consuming and data hungry process

None of these problems are exactly deal breakers. However there were still a few things that need to be ironed out.

1. I've had problems accessing Twitter, Facebook and Blackberry World - these would only successfully launch around half the time. And posting calendar items could take up to 2 minutes. Nobody at Blackberry, Vodafone or Carphone Warehouse had any idea what the problem was. It turned out that there was a conflict with the wifi channel of the BT Home Hub. Even after changing this, loading up Twitter and Facebook is a delayed, hit and miss affair.

2. The phone doesn't have yet have a two-way usb sync function. You can import your old memos, tasks, contacts and calendars from Outlook, but then have no means to send them back the other way. Blackberry have assumed that everyone is comfortable with the cloud and those like me who've been ignorant of such things have had to get used to Gmail calendars, contacts and so on. I still haven't found a reliable and user-friendly way to hang on to and backup my memos, but I'm hoping that will come when 2 way syncing is launched.

3. Push email - one of my major reasons for staying out of the clutches of Apple - has gone, except where supported by your email provider. So anyone with a POP3 account is going to find their data usage - in particular abroad - significantly increasing as the phone checks your account for new emails every so often. If, like me, you use Yahoo email, you'll have to get used to not getting your emails instantly or increase your data usage by setting an email poll check every 5 minutes.

4. Battery drain can be VERY bad - it's 9.45am as I type, I charged the phone overnight, yet I only have 25% charge left. To be fair, this feels like (yet another) dud handset, but even with my previous (four) Z10 handsets, the phone can still drain completely before the business day is up.

All in all, a good phone that's possibly been rush released due to Blackberry's financial problems. I ended up having to return mine 4 times for various problems (battery drain, freezing, data apps failing) and had to swap for an Android - I want a phone, not a work in progress.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1215 | Next ›