5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read and value for money
Not having read these books as a child I wasn't familiar with the stories. What a joy to read evocative of a bygone age of childhood innocence where faith and hard work was the order of the day. The writing is superb with a lot of old english expressions I hadn't read before. I discovered I could press on a word I was not familiar with and learn it's meaning so the book...
Published 19 months ago by michelle hewitt

2.0 out of 5 stars One Book Missing
This series is good, but does not include Anne of Ingleside, so one book is missing in the middle. Whist it was published last, it is still very much one of the stories and should have been included in this package of books.
Published 20 months ago by AJMorrissey

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding out what I missed as a child!, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Anne of Green Gables Stories: 12 Books, 142 Short Stories, Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne's House of Dreams, Rainbow Valley, Rilla of Ingleside, Chronicles and More (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded easily. I didn't read this series as a child, but it was recommended to me by another adult who had started to read the books, and were enjoying it. I am thoroughly enjoying the series. Well written, very creatively written, and a joy to read. Not to childish for an adult. If you have never read these books, I recommend them for a summer read/

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love this book., 21 April 2014
This is a book I have loved for many many years so I was thrilled to be. Able to get it along with all the other stories.
Excellent reading that you can really enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne of Green Gables Stories: 12 books, 142 Short Stories etc., 3 Feb 2014
An excellent mini library of these lovely girl stories from times past, which are still relevant today to give a glimpse of life fifty years ago to our youth of today and to adults also.
Lovely stories, which show the problems of growing up.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are books to read and re-read - what more can I say?, 27 Jan 2014
I don't know how many times I have read these - all I really want is a complete set in hardback! I'm not so keen on the two 'Chronicles' ones, but al the others I'm happy to read again and again. And perhaps more importantly there are incidents that however many times I read still make me cry - in fact my throat begins to constrict when I'm coming near to the crucial point. These would definitely be with me on my 'desert island'. - If you're a UK reader you'll know the reference...

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous read, 15 Dec 2013
I never resd these books as a child but am making up for it now. I'm finding it difficult to put down. The writing style is excellent and the character of Anne is just fabulous. She's entered my imagination. These are books to be enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost myself in Anne's life., 13 Nov 2013
Ann Edwards (uk) - See all my reviews
Loved reminding myself of the Anne stories. Years since I first read them, it was a joy to read once again the marvellous writings of Lucy Maud Montgomery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Nov 2013
Yes brilliant I have received it, I'm a cancer patient so this has cheered me up no end!

5.0 out of 5 stars such good value, 9 Oct 2013
So many excellent stories. L C Montgomery was à terrific writer. Her descriptions and plots were second to none. She reads Better today --- Probably due to our need for a belief system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne of Green Gables, 20 Aug 2013
I missed out on these books as a child - so I'm catching up with Anne's adventures now. Guess it will take me a while to read them all - but I am so enjoying the first book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne of Green Gables, 16 Aug 2013
I had read the first of these novels many years ago but I'm really enjoying revisiting the whole series. I got the kindle edition to read while on holiday and it proved a very worthwhile experience. The books are delightful and haven't lost any of their 'freshness' over the years. I read the first three of them whilst I was away (interspersed with other novels) so I still have more to read, as and when the fancy takes me. They are easy, light reading at its best. A superb package.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›