on 15 June 2013
As a big mortal kombat fan and big dc fan,this game was a must have for me it plays very much like the latest mortol kombat game but with dc charecters instead with a few new added tweaks here and there.on the whole very impressed with this game it has a very gd story line although a slightly predictable one.I also bought this version of the game as im a big collecter of games memorbillia and i must say the statue in it is top class id go as far to say one of the better quality ones i own.So if ur a big mortal kombat fan and a dc fan and u like beatem ups then this game is a must have for ur collection.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2013
I'm a big fan of superheroes and recently just got into collecting comic books, so when I found out about this game I was excited. I opted for the collector's edition because at the time it was only £56, so it made sense to get the statue and comic book for just £16 extra.

The game itself is great. The fighting mechanics are fairly simple to pick up, with a detailed tutorial helping you learn how to play (although some of the more complicated moves are harder to learn - and for some reason I can't do a Clash move, even during the tutorial when I'm following the button prompts directly). The story is interesting and compelling, looking at an alternative universe where Superman has become a world-wide dictator.

The collector's edition is also great. The game comes in a steelbook which makes it stand out a bit more on my gaming shelf, and the collectibles include a fantastic looking statue of Batman and Wonder Woman (with WW's lasso coming as a removable accessory, so you can pose it in any way you want), DLC for character skins (making Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman look like they do in the New 52 comics) and an exclusive edition of the first issue of the Injustice comic book series. I do have one complaint about this. The comics are first released online as three separate chapters per issue, which are collected together in the physical printed comic. However, for some reason this collector's version only includes the first two chapters, meaning that the story of the first issue is missing its ending. It still makes a great collector's issue but it's annoying that it doesn't include the full comic (incase for some reason I've just got a misprinted version, it ends with *SPOILER* Superman coming face-to-face with Doomsday, which is the ending of the second digital chapter).

Overall, this collector's edition was worth the money (and looking at the prices it is going for now I got it at a bargain price) and the game itself is fun to play.
on 9 September 2014
I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. I just stumbled across the demo one day, having never heard of it. The graphics and animations are to a very good standard. The backgrounds are imaginative and interactive. The controls are simple and intuitive with similarities to Mortal Kombat (but Injustice is very much its own game.) Pretty much all of the superheroes and villains from the DC universe are there and the single player story mode is outstanding The voice acting is to a professional standard and the unfolding drama in the cutscenes helps provide context to the battles. This game does nothing pretty original but you weren't expecting it to, were you? Everything it sets out to do, it does brilliantly and it is very addictive with huge replay value. This game is every bit a match for Mortal Kombat 9.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great fighting game that you will love. I am almost finished with the story mode of the game and the story is very good. This version some additional content and it only makes the game even stronger.

These player vs. player fighting games usually do not have a good story but this one has a pretty compelling story. The story within the game is similar to some of the storylines within the comics. The graphics within the game are great and most importantly the fighting mechanics are solid as well. If you like fighting game you will love this one. I would definitely recommend this game.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.
on 25 April 2013
One of the most common, and the dumbest, inquiries in the world of comic book fandom is, without a doubt, “who would win in a fight between…” The single-player story’s basic plotline should be familiar to anyone with any familiarity with comic books, asking as it does what might happen if the world’s most powerful hero took a heel turn. Mixing elements of the Kingdom Come and Earth-2 graphic novels, along with a hefty dose of the Justice Lords storyline from the much-missed Dwayne McDuffie’s Justice League Unlimited cartoon, Injustice begins with The Joker having tricked Superman into killing his wife and unborn child and in so doing detonating a nuclear bomb in Metropolis.............i will shut up now as i may give away to much just buy the game
on 12 May 2013
I have both US and UK. Xbox 360 Collector's Editions of this game ,and I have to say that the UK Collector's Edition version plays in my U.S. Xbox 360 Slim also in case people are wondering! I'm unsure of the UK DLC Game Add-ON since I used my US code which works with the UK. hard copy of the game. I also have to say The UK statue version is larger and is made and looks of better quality compared to the US version. The UK version of the game also ships in a nicer artistic steel case rather than the cheaper plastic version shipped in the US Collector's Edition. I will be selling one of my copies of the game since they both play in my US Xbox 360 Slim. ..Nevertheless the story and the game is AWESOME!
on 29 May 2013
Brilliant game! I won't review the game itself because there are websites like IGN for that, but if I were to score it? 9/10 as a fighting game. (one point missing because the star labs mode kinda sucks but the online multiplayer and storymode are amazing)

The statue itself is awesome and exactly what I wanted. It's high quality plastic, lots of texture and fine detail. The paint job is brilliant and the faces look great. (I half expected batman to have "crazy eyes" but the paint job is brilliant)

If you enjoy fighting games like Mortal kombat or street fighter buy this game, it's the best fighting game I have ever played.
on 5 August 2013
Pre-ordered this game since I'm a big DC fan and I wasn't disappointed! This is such a fantastic game to play, seriously one of the best games I have played this year so far!
on 29 May 2013
If you like fighting games you'll love this. i bought it mainly for the extras and the fabulous Batman V Wonder woman statue that came with the Special Edition.
on 2 May 2013
As a huge DC and mortal kombat fan, this game was brilliant. The collectors edition was only £56 at the time i bought it and i'm so glad i did, i'd probably still spend the money it's going for now for it though to be honest. Online gaming can be a bit annoying with other players constantly spamming the same move, that kind of ruins your game as you don't get a chance to fight back. Apart from that the story line is fantastic in single player and the characters all have their own stories in battles.

The statue also looks awesome!

See one answered question