5.0 out of 5 stars Read in one sitting
After reading Finding Emma, I couldn't wait to read the next part of the story. In Emma's Secret, Megan is slowly forced to see her young daughter's needs beyond that of her own fears, and to try to hear and deal with the rest of her family's hurts. The story is again, heart warming. I could not put it down. Steena Holmes, thank you for such an excellent read.
Published 13 months ago by Radiojock

2.0 out of 5 stars THE TITLE OF THIS BOOK SHOULD HAVE BEEN COFFEE AND DONUTS!
Published 1 month ago by m lyons

5.0 out of 5 stars Read in one sitting, 26 Jun 2013
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have read in a long time!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
First off let me say that I normally read crime novels but came across Steena's book Finding Emma and I was hooked. I pre-ordered Emma's Secret and waited patiently for it to be released. What a fabulous book that truly touches you and makes you look at everyone's emotions and wonder how you would react in that situation. For anyone debating whether or not to download this book, don't hesitate. Steena Holmes you are now in my top 5 of favourite authors!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic conclusion to Emma's story, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I read Finding Emma earlier this month and was thrilled to see there was a follow up story and waited eagerly to find out what happened to the little girl on her return home. Emma's secret doesn't disappoint, we learn more about Dottie & her state of mind in her final years, feel Jack's sorrow as he starts a new chapter all alone in life, Emma's pain at being separated from her beloved Papa and Megan, Peter, Hannah & Alexis' battle to come to terms with the new way of life they are faced with following the longed for return of their youngest family member. The jealousy, joy and guilt felt by siblings, love, relief & worry of parents rebuilding their family.
I've often wanted to know what happens next with these story lines and it was wonderful to be able to have the oppourtunity to see how the big changes in their lives affected each character. Not one character is neglected, the affects on each one come across so well that you actually feel their joy, sorrow, worry and hope as they adjust and learn to accept their past.
I would 100% recommend this book but read Finding Emma & Dear Jack first - you won't regret it!

2.0 out of 5 stars THE TITLE OF THIS BOOK SHOULD HAVE BEEN COFFEE AND DONUTS!, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading Finding Emma so I bought this because it got so many good reviews.I felt that this whole book could have been condensed in to a few chapters and tagged on to the end of the first book! It was boring and drawn out and very obvious the Author was just trying to fill the pages..If there was a quick way of doing it I would count how many times coffee and donuts were mentioned and would go as far as to say the book was centered around coffee and donuts instead of Emma\Emmie/Em. There was the coffee run in the morning, why would you not make your own coffee in the morning? Everyone in the book was either making coffee, drinking coffee, or holding a cup of coffee. The author even described on a couple of occasions HOW the person was holding the coffee and the warm feeling going through their fingers as the were holding the coffee! It well tell how boring the book was if the coffee and donuts took over my mind.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you want something light to be read for a couple of hours...., 20 April 2014
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Paperback)
....but if you're expecting a great read and an exciting secret you'll be sorely disappointed. The characters are lifelessly mind nubing but the child seems kinda cute and sweet so it was a tolerable read but not amazing

3.0 out of 5 stars A gentle read, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but it left me feeling I wanted to know more. About the people who loved Emma.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive read, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I found this a gripping read from start to finish. I hadn't read the first book but that didn't matter quickly knew what was going on.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was so looking forward to this book:[, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved 'Finding Emma' I finished it in one sitting and when I saw the 'Emma's Secret' was soon to be published I pre ordered it straight away and I'm sorry to say I wished I hadn't. In my opinion I don't think it was necessary to follow the book up with this. I was expecting more twists and turns but it was the aftermath of which I was expecting more. Obviously it touches on a deeply emotional and horrific experience but for more a fiction I think more plotting was needed. Still an amazing writer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 23 July 2013
K. M. Hicks (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I found this book easy to read but ultimately disappointing. I thought there'd be a sting in the tail or a final twist but there wasn't! There were several plot lines that could have been developed in interesting ways but weren't. I'm glad I only paid 90p for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars worth 99p, 23 July 2013
J. Griffin (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emma's Secret: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Great for an easy read, wish i had read the previous book, not what i expected from the synopsis but enjoyable

Emma's Secret: A Novel