5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely conversation with !mary
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fault on Disc 3
In our set, Disc 3 of the 8 was faulty and did not work. We were too late to replace with Amazon, so will now contact the manufacturer for a replacement. It was bought for my 83 year mother who said that the discs she was able to listen to were ok, but not particularly stimulating. She had seen Mary interviewed on TV about her life and the CD's were an echo of her...
Published 7 months ago by Tiggywinkle

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely conversation with !mary, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Recipe for Life: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I chose this book because I enjoy autobiographies and I had enjoyed to TV series on Mary's life. I really enjoyed the book. I could hear Mary's voice and it was as if we were having a chat.what a fascinating, talented and down to earth lady she is. Thank you Mary for such a good read and congratulations on easily achieving an A pass in English writing, as that is what I as a retired teacher would give you for this thoroughly enjoyable book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading is a must!, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Recipe for Life: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book 'Mary Berry' is a national treasure in my mind anyway. I took this book on holiday and just could not put it down. Whilst you are reading all about Marys story it is as if she is sat talking to you face to face. Her attitude to life and others are something a lot of people could take on board and the world would be a better place!!
Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Recipe for Life: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
What a brilliant read this book is. Would highly recommend to anyone. It is clear what a passionate and charming lady Mary Berry is. Written with honesty and many interesting stories. I also love the recipes dotted about between chapters. I'll be reading for a second time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lady, 31 Oct. 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's very readable with excellent photos spanning many years in Mary's life. There are great recipes written at the end of each chapter which really inspired me to do some baking again. She makes them so simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars great mary as usual, 3 Nov. 2013
good book very interesting and informative mary is the queen of bakeing and a good read top marks all around

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 30 Sept. 2013
I just love Mary Berry. She's such a wonderful woman and she's been though so much. She's an inspiration and I love reading all about her fascinating life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Insight into the Life of Mary Berry, 3 Jan. 2014
A beautiful insight to the life of Mary Berry - warm, amusing and at some stages extremely sad. That's what life is though - a very mixed bag of experiences. Her story has been beautifully constructed and it really does feel like the lady herself is sitting beside you telling the story. Easy to read and an inspiration to those of us who even today don't have that coveted degree. Employers should take note - just because someone doesn't have what they deem to be the desired qualifications doesn't always mean they can't do the job. I believe that Mary's sheer determination and hard work paid way more dividends for her employers. One other point - she is still working at 70+ with new doors opening all the time! This book has certainly inspired me and I would thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I have Read, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Recipe for Life: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I have to see this is one of the most amazing books out there. I found it hard to put it down and felt part if Marry Barry's life reading it.

Will be a back I will read again and would recommend anyone to read this. The book with me lasted just two days

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good insight to Mary, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Recipe for Life: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Loved this read it on holiday in 4 days as couldn't put it down. Written like she speaks so easy to read and gives you a real insight to the hard working Mary and her wonderful life.

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Recipe for Life: The Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
If you are interested in the person behind the TV personality, you will love this book. Mary Berry writes the way she speaks and her voice comes to you from every page. This is a very easy read and I found it extremely interesting to get to know a little bit about how Mary Berry got to where she is.

Recipe for Life: The Autobiography