5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best tool for service designers.
Published on 30 Mar 2011 by Eva Guerra

1.0 out of 5 stars Written in fluffy project manager speak
Published 13 months ago by Tor Bollingmo

1.0 out of 5 stars Written in fluffy project manager speak, 8 Oct 2013
I had high hopes for this book, but after reading about 100 pages from the three different parts, I can't recommend this book. It reads like it's written by lot of different project managers in corporate legalese. The use case chapter reads like pitches for the different companies. You have to stop at every sentence trying to boil down what it would read like if it was written clear-cut. The methods listed seems to have been thrown in without a critical view of value - this might be a weakness of service design itself, since it's such a new area of thinking.

I really want this book to be written in a clear-cut language, because I want to learn more about service design - but this book is a pain to read it you want to part with some valuable information for your own work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best tool for service designers., 30 Mar 2011
I have been using this 'tool-book' for 4 months and every time I come back to it I rediscover something else. It has been really helpful as service design and creative thinking guide, always flexible and adaptable to a wide selection of projects. Also it has been carefully designed and its very well explained so it can be used and enjoyed by practically anyone. I definitely consider this book one of my favourites in my library and a must for design professionals or students.

4.0 out of 5 stars My new best friend, 19 July 2013
Wow. This isn't something to skim, or a quick fix -- this is a career laid out in a well-designed anthology of methodologies. I'm grateful for a credible reference to support my work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hands-on toolkit for business professionals, 5 Jun 2013
Regis Lemmens (Hasselt, Belgium Belgium) - See all my reviews
After Business Model Generation I struggled to find another good boo but then I came across "this is Service Design Thinking".
It is practical, hands-on and keep getting back to find new ideas and inspiration.
I highly recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great introduction to the world of Service Design., 17 April 2014
This is a great introduction to the world of service design. It outlines the discipline in a clear way and explains where it fits into the design profession. This is a job role that is soon to kick off and this book does well to outline the tools of the trade in straight forward way.

It is a good resource for linking design with the business world.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great overview, 6 Sep 2013
Offers a great overview of Service Design approaches and tools. If I could ask for something I would like to see some outside in perspective on SD in relation to other approaches to work from a customer perspective. This is a book by the inner circle of the convinced for other people who are already convinced. On the other hand, to be fair, I guess it's fair to say that many books in this genre suffers from the same problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very great handbook for a start, 2 Aug 2012
If you are new to service design, this book could be very helpful for you. Love the quality of the book although it's paperback. Everything is the same except for the cover. It's lighter in weight compare to the usual ones. I carry this book almost everywhere, because it's so light and handy. This would be a start for service design students to learn about service design tools and a little about what is currently in the industry.