4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely picture of rural life
Published 20 months ago by Writeread

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother
This woman teaches creative writing ? I am surprised, this is not well written, it dashes about all over the place, many of her chapters start with the same sentence, thankfully I only paid 99 pence for it.

So yet again my hopes of finding a good modern novelist fail miserably, its back to Jane Austen !

On the upside I did enjoy looking at the...
Published 9 months ago by Suzyblu

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely picture of rural life, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
I have read nearly all Victoria's fiction books but this was a new departure - in more ways than one! It tells the true story of her longing to move to the country after 11 years of London life, and how, after a few let-downs, she and her husband found and moved to their dream cottage. I really enjoyed the little stories within the main story too - about her adopted chickens, country walks, meals with new neighbours, choosing the roses for the garden and the Xmas tree for the house, etc. A nice short read that I managed in one sitting, but it certainly leaves a nice warm feel-good factor by the end. I look forward to the promised follow-up to see how they have got on a year later!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mulberry Cottage, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
A well written escape to the good life book. An enjoyable read curled up on a rainy day. I wanted to move in with her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax..., 28 April 2013
H. Zerfahs "heatherz27" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant relaxing read, grab a cup of tea and travel to Suffolk! Just shut the world away for a while :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreams Can Come True, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
A delightful tale by Victoria of her move from London to the beautiful Suffolk countryside. Never give up on your dreams and follow your heart. I look forward to the next chapter in the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
I made a similar move to the country a few years ago. Much of the subject matter resounded with me. An light, enjoyable read. Recommended and looking forward to the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suz, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved this book and the insight to Victoria's life. Not only do we get into the mind of this fantastic author, but we also get to go on a journey with her and her husband and their move to the country. All the heartbreak and troubles of finding that perfect house. Victoria also shares the re homing of her first chickens and the start of her small holding. Brilliantly written and a fabulous read.

4.0 out of 5 stars newsy, 4 Oct. 2014
tallmanbaby (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
This short book reminds me of the sort of newsy letter that you might get from a friend at Christmas. Obviously it is longer than that, and better written, but it is very much in that mould. The author is not the greatest writer on nature, this does not rival Richard Mabey or Roger Deakin, but then they are hardly aiming for the average viewer of Escape to the Country.

I found it a quick enjoyable read, some pleasant escapism. However not entirely sure about the Q&A material at the end, suggesting books to read and that we buy Cath Kidston products if we cannot escape to the country, perhaps that would have been better saved for a website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape to mulberry cottage, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
I have read all Victoria connellys book I had to get this one it was BRILLIANT I loved it how she didn't let go of her dream we all have dreams and to follow this dream was something special because it true !!! Thank you for sharing your dream with us I was feeling a little down when I picked this book and it as made me write a few thing's down now ( my bit of a dream ) so I am going to start a few things rolling soon nothing to much just a things I would like to change so thank you victora for the bit of a kick I needed can't wait to read the next adventure in your cottage !! Happy walks xx

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother, 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)

On the upside I did enjoy looking at the photographs, but this breathless romp of a " novel" is only okay if you have a spare 99p and the reading age of a 9 year old

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 6 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
This is written like a magazine article. Don't know if I misunderstood but I was expecting a novel. Read the whole thing in just a few hours. Just a description of how the author found her house, moved and settled in. Nothing earth shattering or out of the ordinary. A bit self absorbent on the authors part.

Escape to Mulberry Cottage