5.0 out of 5 stars High end keybaord with high price
By Ipad keyboard standards this one is expensive, but you pay for what you get. Its compact, the same size as the Ipad Mini its self, The build quality is excellent and has the look and feel of a high class product. Like the add says its like the bit Apple forgot to ship.

Published 18 months ago by Chen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for new iPad Mini with Retina Display
I have just had to return this keyboard as, in spite of claims to the contrary, it does not work with the new iPad Mini with Retina Display. The problem is that the original iPad Mini has a depth of 7.2mm and the new iPad Mini with Retina Display has a depth of 7.5mm. It does not seem much difference and the new iPad Mini does fit into the slot on the keyboard...
Published 9 months ago by Bruce Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars High end keybaord with high price, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard for iPad Mini - Black (Accessory)

The keyboard is a british layout with the £ sign and signs, unlike most other alternatives. Tons of great short cut keys, including a cool set of cut and past ones

Personally I think its a perfect addition to the ipad mini, but at £69 its going to be a big ask for most to justify

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 1 April 2013
Kieley Prince (Middlesbrough UK) - See all my reviews
This product is amazing it works really well and is really easy to use! It turns the iPad into a mini laptop so it is compact and easy to carry round, I'm currently using it for university lectures but I would suggest for everyone it's expensive but in my opinion worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Qwerty and quirky!, 20 Mar 2013
D. Elson - See all my reviews
The price initially put me off but if you can stomach it, it's a MUST have and I haven't stopped patting myself on the back ever since I received it.

The keyboard is small but perfectly formed. Typing on it is a real pleasure (I'm using it now) and slightly quirky. Somehow it feels big and yet it's ... well, mini. The keys are precise and perfectly engineered. Even the box it's packed in is well thought out; you'll see what I mean when you get yours, which, if you have any sense, won't be long because your Mini iPad is simply crying out for this!

You can prop your Mini iPad into the keyboard in the upright or landscape position and the 'tilt' angle' is perfect for typing or watching a movie. Your iPad slots in with a reassuring, snug fit. There are magnets in there somewhere, so don't worry about it wobbling around. It won't! In fact, it must have been an engineering feat to get the iPad to slot in to the keyboard in landscape mode as both are the same length ... yet there is no overlap. Brilliant!

When not in use, the keypad doubles as a cover and again, it's quirky how, when you offer your iPad to it, it magnetically jumps into the cover at precisely the correct position. Yes, it knows exactly where its place is so there is no juggling with it to fit before you fold it over your tablet.

The keyboard is re-chargeable via a 15" long USB cable (supplied). I charged it fully when it arrived and two weeks later, it's still going strong - it even goes into 'sleep mode' if you forget to turn it off. Oh and if you leave your iPad switched on, close the cover and it'll be switched off for you by the cover ... er ... keyboard. The thickness of both items folded flat is approximately half an inch - centimetres? ... no idea, I'm a pound shilling and pence type of chap.

If you're into looks. Either folded over or used with your iPad slotted in; it really looks the business. Very cool indeed. In fact in just two weeks, two of my friends have rushed out to buy one too. Hey Logitech, commission where it's due here please!

Niggles? None really but worth mentioning that the 'A' key is bigger than the other keys which is slightly disconcerting but you get used to it.

Be careful how you detach the cover/keyboard after you fold it back. The magnets holding it are so powerful that it's easy to think it's actually permanently 'glued' to your iPad which of course it isn't, so you could be fooled into believing it won't drop on the floor as you fold it back. Gravity WILL prevail, magnets or not, so take care not to drop it.

The 'on/off' switch is minuscule and fiddly but hey, who cares, it goes into 'sleep mode' if you forget to switch it off anyway.

It does obviously add extra weight to your iPad if you're weight conscious. In fact you'll nearly double the weight as your tablet weighs 313 grammes and this is going to add an extra 220 grammes. I actually weighed both on my franking machine (yes, I should get out more) and Royal Mail machines are certain to be accurate, our bill with them is gigantic.

I see the price of this item has risen since the launch, I got mine at pre-launch price and so I feel smugly satisfied that I got a discount - sorry ... (ha ha, I'm not really!).

Overall, I have to say that this really is a VERY, VERY well designed product. I genuinely love it.

Rating ... I'd give it ten stars if I could!

5.0 out of 5 stars The other half of your iPad!, 20 April 2013
Dean Jones (Normanton, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great addition to the iPad when you need to do more typing. Well made and matches the finish of the iPad perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for new iPad Mini with Retina Display, 29 Nov 2013
Bruce Murray (Devon, England) - See all my reviews

The trouble is that the extra depth means that the iPad mini with Retina Display is not at a comfortable angle when using the keyboard - it is too upright. With a small size tablet this is a big problem - it really needs to tilt back to the same angle as the full iPad does with the Logitech keyboard. I have noticed that other suppliers of keyboards also claim they work for both models so this is not just a Logitech problem. BE WARNED!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For iPad Mini Retina, 16 Jan 2014
Mr D (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
There have been some reviews that the new iPad Mini Retinas are sitting at the wrong angle for this keyboard to work, but I have not found that.

The keys have a good feel to them and the iPad sits at an angle of 73 degrees. So is perfectly usable (having already been working on it for three hours at time of typing)

Would have been nice to have a standard charging USB input, will be worried about losing the cable in the future, hence reduction to 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and worth paying the price for, 21 Mar 2013
I have had several cheaper versions which were rubbish - this isn't it is an excellent product and if you want a keyboard for an iPad Mini this is the one to buy - excellent quality and very easy to use with responsive keys

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech. Keyboard for iPad mini, 6 Jun 2013
For speed typing absolutely marvellous. Have recommended it to two friends already!
Would not be without it! This has made me really mobile- no need to cart around a laptop !

3.0 out of 5 stars initisl exciyemeny as iy looks absoluyely amazinh - shame there are comprimises., 24 April 2013
JM (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
[The title I intended to type ▶ "INITIAL EXCITEMENT AS IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING - SHAME THERE ARE COMPROMISES"]

I have this Logitech keyboard for the full size ipad so the bar was set very high. From past experience, I know that Logitech make excellent keyboards, so what could go wrong?

Upon unpacking, it is clear that the build quality is excellent. It looks fantastic and complements the iPad Mini aesthetically. It works really well as a stand, and if you choose to use it as a cover, it automatically turns the screen on and off (using the magic of the magnets).

When I type using a physical keyboard, I don't look at the keys. I learnt to touch-type from an early age. I rely on 'muscle memory'.

When I started typing on this, for the first time, I became annoyed:

💔 Some keys are "missing", some keys in the "wrong" place - understand that it's compromised. (Whenever I mean to type 'the', I always type 'yhe'. 😡) Super frustrating! (Sadly, the autocorrect appears to be turned off; I really wish Logitech hadn't done this - it would have helped so much!)

Get used to no longer having a [dedicated] key for:

❌ CAPS LOCK - because the 'A' key has taken its place [You can press Function + A to invoke it]
❌ TAB key (it's shaved off because the keyboard is so narrow) [you have to press Function + Q]. Whereas I hardly ever use CAPS LOCK, I use TAB all the time. 😞

👎 i don't like that the built in autocorrecy and autocaps has been turned off. It's a little painful. (hence yhe state of this review!!) I should also add that I am a yerrible speller and i really rely on the msgic of the software to fix my goofs.

If you dont touch type, but hunt & peck with two fingers, i yhink you will *love* yhis. For you, this is definitely a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ product. i am jusy used yo not looking at the keys as i type. (I know I'm fairly unusual in that respect)

i hate to say it - the onscreen keyboard may be better. 😕
⛔ My initial reaction is to say that I don't recommend this keyboard.

HERE'S WHAT IS BRILLIANT ABOUT THE DEVICE:
==============================

✅ As a stand, it is excellent!
✅ It has a switch for on/off (i.e. it is binary). So it won't accidentally turn itself on whilst it's in your bag. (Compare and contrast to the Apple wireless keyboard, which has a featherlight touch button on the side, which looks cool but can be so annoying!)
✅ High quality key switches - mechanical (not just plastic membrane)

UPDATE: 3O MINS LATER‼
=============
After 30 mins of use, my brain has somewhat adjusted to the layout. 🆒

⬆ So, i'm cautiously upping my rating from 3-stars to 4-stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

BOTTOM LINE
========
I really admire Logitech's effort, but this keyboard is frustrating. Other than the layout, the design and engineering is amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant but confusingly named., 5 Sep 2014
Absolutely brilliant but confusingly named. I wanted the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Mini for iPad Mini - White; not the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard for iPad Mini - White; that i ordered. The one I wanted has the tilt function for the iPad, this does not. What was wrong with G1 and G2 Logitech?

Apart from that it is brilliant; it transforms the iPad from a toy to a tool - I am writing this on it at near laptop typing speed. Command buttons are iPad specific and useful, battery life seems infinite (1 charge and i have never turned it off in a month), bluetooth is quick and flawless....

AND - it works with Apple TV !

AND - it fits into a BESTEK Gooseneck bolt clamp mount with iPad, so if you buy 2 (1 for iPad & 1 for Keyboard) you can either lay on your bed with the iPad and keyboard above you pretending you are in the space shuttle OR attach them to pretty much anything to create a tiny but fully functional workstation.

Cons - no "send" button, no protection for the back of the iPad, only the screen.