4.0 out of 5 stars Has improved my posture
Published 9 months ago by bridgesilver

3.0 out of 5 stars Pluses and Minuses
On the plus side: this is my third day of wearing and it has very definitely helped with my lower back pain, which I've had for a fortnight, now. In this respect, it has done a lot more than the 2 different prescriptions I've had so far.

Published 3 months ago by Bolshy Buttercup

4.0 out of 5 stars Has improved my posture, 10 Mar 2014
Have worn this for the last couple of days at work, makes me appear a little more dumpy, but has worked well. I still have back problems (have collapsed/protruding vertebral discs), but sleep better at night, and I think it is due to wearing this during the day. Reminds me to bend and stretch properly, and I don't get as much discomfort during the working day; therefore can cut down on the strong painkillers I am taking. All of us with back problems know how to do things properly, but sometimes this goes out of the window when we are at work and very busy!

Going on recommendations of others above, I ordered this as it was apparently as good as more expensive products, I am glad I took notice of others reviews. Only gave it 4 stars as I think the sizings are a bit hit and miss, there is a blurring between L and ex Large (and assume the same would be for small/medium as well); I come 7cm within the Large, but only have a small overlap which at first felt uncomfortable over my tummy. I think an Ex large would have overlapped too much and made it more bulky. However, I must say it does hold well, it does not need readjusting, and after having this on for a while do not notice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 11 July 2013
My (young, healthy, athletic) wife herniated a lumbar disc a few months ago (L5/S1) causing a radicular sciatic-type pain. She was in terrible pain and practically bed-bound for some weeks, requiring assistance to mobilise to the bathroom and back. She did her own research and found this on amazon.

As an orthopaedic surgeon I had very little hope for this product, which would seem to offer very little support in comparison to the load passing through the axial spine, but we tried it, and I'm glad we did. Whilst not a miracle cure, this allowed her to get to the bathroom unaided, sleep at night and even hobble to the high-street and back with assistance.

She's done away with it now as the pain has gradually resolved, but we are keeping the brace for the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pluses and Minuses, 31 Aug 2014

On the minus side: as many people have mentioned (and why, I might ask, aren't the manufacturers / sellers responding to this?) there are no instructions. So I'm not 100% sure if I'm wearing it the right way up or not, or how long it's recommended to wear the brace (either daily or long-term; for the record, I wear it constantly until bedtime). There are not even any washing instructions on the item itself, so I'd recommend a thin t-shirt - at least - to be worn underneath the brace. My main bug-bear, however, is the design of the thing. The 'inner' part is non-stretchy and does up with Velcro. Fair enough. But then the outer, stretchy part Velcros ON TOP OF the area that's already Velcroed (from THE SAME DIRECTION), and it soon starts to pull at the lower Velcroed area so that it becomes 'corrugated' and starts to lift at the edge - thereby you have a one inch protuberance poking directly out from your midriff, which looks plain weird, even in looser clothing. I think only the wearing of a pair of sturdy Simon Cowell style high-waisted jeans would disguise this! I've found - to keep things flat and to stop the top section from starting to pull the brace apart - you have to wear a reasonably wide ordinary belt directly over the brace. If the top section did up from the opposite side to the lower section, however, it would be case solved! Amazon, it would be really useful to be able to upload photos on these reviews (like on Tesco Direct).

Size-wise, I'm a size 16 have a 38 inch waist and the Large fitted fine. 'Cheers' to the reviewer who quipped that Large would fit a hippo! Grrr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neoprene Back Support, 1 Sep 2014
Mine arrived this morning and I have been wearing it for 5 hours now. I'm only 4' 11" so it's quite wide on me. My problem was that I found it difficult to rise from the sofa after sitting for a while. I was in quite a lot of pain and was doubled up for a few minutes afterwards. Not anymore. Am really pleased and happy with this product. The only reason I did not give it 5* is because it comes with no instructions whatsoever and no washing instructions. This is a HUGE problem as it will need to be washed often. There are no labels at all on it. Makes no sense. I will try to find out what to do and will order another for when this is being washed as I would not like to be without it for any length of time. What a relief to have found something that actually works and at such a fantastically low price.

FOLLOW UP - i emailed the seller BABYMAD LTD. to ask about washing instructions and have not had the courtesy of a reply. I phoned the makers PhysioWorld today and they told me to wash it in warm soapy water, dry flat and do not tumble or spin dry. Hope this helps someone because BABYMAD LTD. certainly don't seem interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really worked for me, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Neoprene Double Pull Lumbar Back Support Brace by PhysioWorld (Misc.)
I am a golfer with a bad back - playing golf is not good for it and I suffer during and after the game. Yesterday I took delivery of the brace and I used it for my round today - what a difference it made. I was comfortable throughout the game and experienced none of the usual nips in the back or pain in the legs. I feel properly supported wearing the brace and it keeps my back pleasantly warm - an added bonus.
In term of the construction, which is sturdy and quality made, this is a great value buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coping with back pain, 21 April 2014
Product entirely satisfactory.
No dislikes.
Would recommend to anyone who suffers from lower back pain.
I use it when sitting at computer, or standing cooking, or walking, for any length of time. Also important to do exercises to strengthen back muscles.

4.0 out of 5 stars life saver, 21 Dec 2013
I am a dancer and last year I suffered from sciatica while preparing for a competition. I had horrible lower back pains and nothing was helping(creams,massage,painkiller), they were just temporary helpers after exercise. I even lost the ability to step on my right leg to walk a few times so it was quite serious. This year I was part of a dance show again but this time I ordered this back support and I was shocked.. I used this product during rehearsals and voila no pain no serious injury ... I highly recommend it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Back support, 17 April 2014
Mrs. Joanna S. Minns (Chichester, West Sussex, GB) - See all my reviews
I got this for my daughter who was having a lot of back pain. Apparently it was a tremendous help and she would recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 5 Jun 2014
I purchased this for my 89 year old mother whom has arthritis and scoliosis of the spine. She had been finding sleeping difficult and bending and walking about very painful. She had suggested that she wanted a back brace with stays in it, which I advised against. After doing a lot of reading about twisted spines and arthritic conditions of the spine a hips I decided to give this item a go. Not as if it was expensive and it was worth a try.
My mother had a few problems with it at first as she could not work out how to wear it (there are no instructions) and the fastenings at the front squiged her elderly floppy tummy. But, she sorted it and adjusted it to the best position for her and has found it has helped her a lot. It has stopped the continuous ache she was getting from the twist in her spine and has allowed her to have a reasonable nights sleep and to be able to potter about at home. At the end of the day, that's what it was purchased for and it seems like it was a good purchase for very little outlay. She is pleased with it and I am pleased that I was able to find something that would work

5.0 out of 5 stars so good, 22 April 2014
helps with posture problems all the time. forget it is there after a while and when I take it off it has helped correct.