5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome although a little on the expensive side
I have been using the CycleMeter app for the iphone for some time and this looked like the perfect addition to my setup and would allow me to view and access my cycle data on the go while keeping my iphone packed away. I also wanted to continue to use the external battery pack I have which couldn't be used if I had an iphone bike case for example.

The device...
Published 13 months ago by AndyCooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately disappointing :-(
I had been really looking forward to this product. I have been using a Garmin 200 for the last year. However, I was disappointed. The feel of the unit is that of one that is still a prototype - sharp, square edges and the resolution is ok, but not great. The actual background of the display is a lightish free - not the dull white shown in the pics, and this is reminiscent...
Published 10 months ago by Gareth Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome although a little on the expensive side, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)

The device looks to be well made and was easy to install and fit. At first I had some problems with Cyclemeter seeing the device but downloaded the wahoo untility app which provided a good setup and testing tool.

One thing to note is that if you are using Cyclemeter then you have to pay 2.99 for the extra RFLKT support option for the app to get this working.

So far I have used this 3 times - my last ride being the 48mile round trip to work from home. Each time Cyclemeter and RFLKT and synced up without any issues and have remained connected throughout my ride.

So far very impressed. The only negative I can think of is the price is a little steep, but if its continues to be reliable then it would be worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Gadget, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
Pros
If you worry about having your iPhone attached to the bars, then this is a really neat addition to the Wahoo Apps. Displays configurable info that you select from the App, and controls the music too!
Cons
Yes it is VERY expensive, and when you consider you can buy a reasonably complex smartphone for 99 these days, it should be half this price.
Note
The battery on mine (from Amazon) expired after 3 days. Battery is CR2450 3v, a giant aspirin and also not cheap @ GBP4 (from Maplin!), so I hope the next one lasts longer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your phone dry and safe, 21 Jun 2014
J. Dore (East Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
Whilst there are all manner of ways to mount your phone on your handle bars, the RFLKT allows you to keep your phone more safe/secure/dry.

Works pretty flawlessly. The iPhone app combines data from my Polar bluetooth heart rate and and Wahoo speed/cadence sensor and GPS. This information is then displayed on the RFLKT (in pages that you can configure if you are so minded).

You get a couple of bracket options and I was able to use one on my mountain bike and the other on the road bike. The RFLKT can then be moved fairly easily between brackets (a little fiddly until you work out how to do it). The app has different training modes, so it knows not to expect to find the speed/candence sensor in mountain bike mode, and falls back to using GPS instead for speed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent with the free Wahoo fitness app, bit disappointing with Strava., 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
With Wahoo fitness app this device can be configured to show you exactly the parameters you want, including heart rate and HR zone etc. The light is a little weak but ok, overall excellent. I wondered before buying if there'd be any real time GPS map-following on the screen - all I can say is there isn't yet, but the software is updated often (for both Wahoo and Strava) so who knows wjhats coming. With the Strava app, screens are a little basic, and HR is only shown if using premium Strava. Tip: use both free Strava and Wahoo fitness at the same time - that way you have the Wahoo informatiyon on the screen and the ride is still mapped with free Strava (unless you REALLY have to know your strava Suffer score, all other non-HR Strava info is available on the free version). Oh, and if you include the iphone battery power on your configured screen you'll know if you're running the phone flat - but I can manage a 4 hour ride with Strava and Wahoo open and an HR monitor running as well as RFLKT, and only use 30-40% of the total phone charge.
Bought mine and had a batter flat error showing after first 2 hours, got a replacement from the excellent seller on Amazon, then 2nd one did the same. Turns out it wasn't really the battery but a firmware problem. I wrote to wahoo's (slow but excellent ) customer service and they told me I needed a firmware update, sent me a link which I updated easily via my phone, and this seemed to fix the battery problem.
Very happy with the finished article using Wahoo fitness app.
Would be amazing if it could show turn by turn instructions from any GPX mapping app, to play back and guide me round downlaoded routes. I'm watching and waiting Wahoo developers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
Nice compact unit, means you can carry iPhone in pocket rather than on handlebars.
However it's no use in the dark, the inadequate backlight only stays on for a few seconds and every time you press the backlight switch it changes the screen.
Overall great idea, just could easily have been done better. Would I buy one knowing what I do?...yes because it is great during the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 3 Sep 2014
P. A. HANRAHAN (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
Exactly what I needed. Didn't want another expensive bit of kit (bike computer) that would have its own battery and need to charge, its own software, its own complications. I just wanted to use my existing great set-up (iPhone 5 with iSmoothRun app linked to my sensors and Strava web GUI), but in a way that didn't drain the iPhone's (cruddy) battery or risk damaging it.
Tad expensive but it feels a quality build and overall you save money if you want to use your phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
I got this as I was worried about my phone being on my handle bars. It was easy to fit and easy to link to the phone. The displays are fully customizable with lots of information and can be linked with additional sensors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick, highly functional device, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
I received the RFLKT as a gift from a friend, and I've been pleasantly surprised by the device. Strava integration is quite nice, and really easy to set up. Battery life for the phone is approximately 7 hours when connected to the RFLKT, which is enough to cover my longer rides. Screen size is adequate, but could be a bit brighter. Overall-great bike computer with full App functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top marks Amazon…nearly top marks RFLKT, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
I suppose that I chose this because I am, like most cyclists, gadget obsessed. Tortured by the fact that I cannot afford a Garmin this that or the other I need to use my iPhone (yes, Im hardly poor I know!). I like the idea of this neat like gadget reflecting my iPhone. It is big enough to read easily whilst sweating up a hill or careering down the other side and the buttons are just about in the good to use category. There isn't much between having this on your stem and just strapping your iPhone on instead….except its smaller and cuter and gadgety and new. I did however encounter a difficulty. The RFLKT didn't reflect. Am I stupid I questioned myself? Quite possible except that the computer said no I wasn't. All devices were being read but no read out on the RFLKT. I contacted the 'please help the stupid man' dept at Wahoo and they basically said 'is it turned on?'. Clearly they are used to dealing with persons far more stupid than me so I simply sent it back. Amazon played a blinder here. Back it went..postage paid, parcel collected by Yodel. The same day a brand new RFLKT arrived. As long as Yodel manage to deliver the old one to Scotland it's all good! The new one worked and away I went buoyed by the new gadget and the knowledge that I wasn't as stupid as Wahoo thought after all. The only issue I had was battery drain after 90 odd minutes. Now I did find out later than I had let Strava run at the same time as Wahoo fitness and my tunes, this probably did it. I also had the live update of my segment scores being announced in my ear, so I suppose it was my fault. However, all in all its a cool gadget. It only gets 4/5 from me though because, even at Amazon's price it is still a little on the steep side (which is a polite way of putting what my wife said when she found out).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device for cycle training, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android (Sports)
Works well. There are many functions I have not explored yet but it does what I need for now. Will be good when it works with Strava directly. A bit expensive.