1,073

on 25 March 2015
This isn't going to be very original, as I find myself repeating the views of others, but I've had as good an experience as they have. I ordered my case in the afternoon, and it dropped through my letterbox the following morning. It was well packed in a bubblewrap envelope (emblazoned with Do Not Bend on the front!) and inside I found my new case presented in a linen drawstring bag bearing the Mediadevil name and logo - not sure what I'm going to use that for, but I'll think of something! I also found a couple of Maoam chews, which wasn't a surprise because I'd read the previous reviews, but was nice, all the same. The case had a foam insert to keep it safe in the envelope, when I removed it I found that my Sony Xperia Z3 fitted perfectly in it. It's quite a tight squeeze right now which may relax as the leather ages but it's not difficult to insert it, and it's not so tight as to accidentally operate any of the buttons on the phone. The ribbon with pull tab works perfectly to remove it, it raises the phone an inch or so - easily enough to grasp the top and take it out. Like previous reviewers, I appreciate the magnet hidden in the case which holds the tab neatly,
I've only had it a day so can't comment on longevity, but the leather looks, feels and smells like a top quality product and the stitching is exquisite - I'm not the sort of bloke who normally pays attention to stitching, my area of interest tends more to football, cars and beer, so the fact that I noticed, let alone felt the need to comment, speaks volumes.
I very much appreciated receiving an email from Mediadevil the following day confirming dispatch and inviting comment, as well as containing links to the products the company makes. It may well be automated, but it's above and beyond what most companies provide or are expected to provide.
This may not be cheap, but it's a quality product and the customer service is excellent. I'm very happy to recommend this.
on 18 June 2015
First off I have to comment on the 'sock' style case.

Phone manufacturers spend lots of money making a phone look beautiful (or not but horses for courses), why would you want to cover it up with a permanent case which makes it ugly (or not but horses for courses) and chunkier? Having a design that the phone can slip in and out of is just the ticket for me.

There's not a great deal to say about phone cases in general but I feel I need to point a few things out for this one. We'll go with a pros and cons approach.

Pros:
- Feels like a high quality product.
- Is a high quality product.
- Smells nice.
- Nice and soft inside so no phone damage whatsoever.
- High quality stitching.
- The leather and stitching colour combinations are a lovely touch.
- No part of the case has even come close to failing and I feel would continue to function for a good couple of years still (have owned for well over a year with very frequent daily use).
- On all but the top edge, you get very good impact protection and front and back scratch protection.

Cons:
- Very occasionally, the pull tab gets twisted in the slot in the leather.
- The end of the pull tab ribbon closest to the leather pull tab has frayed slightly but has in no way compromised its function (this started to happen after around 12 months but isn't getting worse).
- It ends up being almost as precious as the phone.
- The top of the phone isn't that protected from drops, but then you knew that already based on the style of case you chose didn't you?
- Being a natural product, it doesn't like large amounts of water for a reasonable length of time.

It was quite hard to add those cons because even though they are cons you really shouldn't be put off by them but I felt that I should add some for balance as nothing is perfect.
review image review image review image
on 18 January 2015
This is excellent. Order arrived the next morning (and I'd ordered in the afternoon), with quirky and sound packaging. I was delighted by the case. The colour and design are exactly as the photo, with neat little ventilation holes at the base, it's a beautifully snug fit and the leather quality is excellent. The tab has a magnetic catch inside (not visible externally), which means it secures itself against the body of the case, rather than flopping around. I found I was holding the phone in its case in my hand, just for the tactile experience. Overall, a real enhancement to my phone.
VINE VOICEon 5 February 2016
I've bought 2 phone covers from MediaDevil before (both for iPhones) - they are very good quality, the phone sits snugly inside without being too tight and the tab mechanism works perfectly. Just as importantly, their customer service is excellent - they generally post out the same or next day. This time I wanted a different colour but mistakenly ordered for the wrong phone. They quickly dealt with my query and arranged to replace at no extra postage cost upon receipt of the Xperia case. The cover I actually wanted was for an iPhone 5S - I now have the teal one with pink edging. Excellent quality as before and exactly as described. They are a pleasure to deal with and I would certainly recommend and use again.
on 31 December 2013
I always found it to be such a huge cliché when people say that they never usually write reviews but alas, here I am writing my first ever review about this product. The first thing I'd like to comment is the quality of the product, value for money is amazing as it is such a smart, elegant case. I had originally planned on buying a cheaper £10 alternative but having invested the extra £10 I am incredibly happy. It is easily 10 times better than the £10 item.
The second thing i'd like to comment on is the quality of the service that MediaDevil provide. The case arrived with 48 hours of me ordering it and had sweets which is always a bonus. 6 months down the line I found a problem with the case and within 2 days of asking for a returns label MediaDevil had taken it upon themselves to send me a brand new case, no questions asked. This is EXTREMELY impressive in my opinion and worthy of much praise.

So to summarise, the case is brilliant and the best value for money case you will get on the market. The service in terms of delivery is amazing and in the rare case where your case develops a fault, MediaDevil are prepared to resolve the issue in a trouble-free way.

Thanks for the product and the service MediaDevil. I have recommended your products to my friends in the past and will continue to do so.
on 22 January 2016
I first purchased a cheap supermarket bought case for my 6S+ but it was awful (cheap plastic). So I was looking for something higher quality. The reviews on Amazon where excellent and it was half price so I thought I'd give it ago. First delivery was next day (Royal Mail first class) the packaging was excellent and the free sweets a bonus. You get an almost immediate email from media devil once your order goes into Amazon. The whole ordering process was excellent. Then the product itself, it's lovely, you can feel the quality of the materials. Fits my phone perfectly and has a pull toggle to help you get it out. On top of that there's little details (like the pull tab being magnetic) that just show mediadevil are a class act and have really thought about the design. I'll be buying from them again for sure.
on 22 January 2016
You should be aware of the problems with this case, even though it is as good looking and well made as everyone claims. The keys on the J5 are on the side - so it's very difficult to push your phone in or pull it out of the case without pressing them. I realise that the case has to be tight and I'm hoping it loosens a bit with use - I've had it about a week - but I'm finding that (for example) I can't switch my phone off and put it away because the side of the case presses against the button and switches it on again. Nor can I use the 'off key ends call' facility because when I try and get the phone out of the case in a hurry to answer - it ends my call; you either grab it by the sides to pull it out (just where the buttons are) or the case presses the button for you.
All that said, it is well made, oozes quality and has already had complimentary comments. I still like it, but bear in mind it takes some
getting used to.
Update a couple of weeks later...Given up on this case. The sides keep stroking the buttons when I push my phone in or pull it out - turning the volume down or switching something on. And getting my phone out of the case to catch a call - without gripping the sides - is a skill in it's own right and almost always results in me touching the very sensitive buttons somehow. Easier to demonstrate than explain. It ought to have slightly wider stiffened sides or something.
on 22 February 2016
I am very pleased with the MediaDevil phone pouch . It is very good quality and actually a lot sturdier than It looks in the photograph . This is a very good quality product . My galaxy S6 edge plus fits very snugly into the pouch. I would say th fit is just right. It is firm enough to make sure the phone cannot accidentally slip out but not so firm that the phone is difficult to get in and out .
on 30 May 2013
I bought this leather case for my new Samsung Galaxy S4 and it arrived less than 24 hours after placing the order. The case arrived well packaged, with useful information and some lovely sweets too - what a fab touch!

The case itself is perfect! It looks stunning (I chose the one with the purple inner and stitching)and it fits the phone like a very comfortable and luxurious leather glove. The fit is absolutely perfect, and the phone is held securely in the case till you need to slide it out via the pull-tab.

By far the best-looking and best designed case I've seen on the market yet - and I'm sure that goes for any of the cases MediaDevil makes for other phones. I usually upgrade my mobile each year and will certainly make MediaDevil my first post of call next time I upgrade.

First class product, value for money and exceptional customer service - Complete fabulousness!
on 15 July 2015
Hi. Bought that case from their website 1.5y ago!!!!! The quality is fab!!!! The case has no damage at all even if the poor case has been used as toys by my kids, been in babies mouths etc etc... i really recommend it. The comms from MediaDevil was brilliant as I bought first a nexus and 2 days later changed my mind and decided to go for a samsung. ... i asked them if I could send back the case knowing I didn't use it due to the circumstances and if they could swap it for the same model fitting my Samsung. The swap was done without issue. The colour of the case hasn't moved and the high quality of the case made your phone safe.... ie mine fall a lot of times on the tarmac, tiles flooring and it's not broken.. only have a little scratch on the top corner of my phone...but it's due to the phone falling down without the case! Next year I am going for an iPhone. .so I will buy their case again!!!!! Highly recommended.
review image review image