Far From Any Road by The Handsome Family is taken from their album 'Singing Bones'. The track lasts for approx. 2 mins 48 seconds and is the theme tune for the extremely surreal and really quite brilliant TV drama "True Detective". The lyrics are a perfect match for a series so atmospheric and dark. One of those songs with such a hook that it gets inside your mind and is really difficult to switch off. Absolutely love it.

Downloading the track directly from the Amazon website was quick, easy and took seconds. If you don't have the Amazon music app. then you'll need to download it before you can play back the song.
on 17 April 2014
It a very deep and moving song, with a haunting tune, it is virtually impossible to play it once, I can listen to it all evening and try and maybe analyse what it’s all about. The song starts with a magical/mythical poisonous cactus that apparently blooms in the desert once every ten thousand years, it has thorns which when touched can made people go mad and die. The words go deep, but I must admit when I first heard the song I thought they were singing about a Poison Creole Soul but it is obviously creosote, I know there is a creosote tree in the States. Any ways, True Detective – brilliant story, brilliant acting, song, brilliant and more….
on 15 April 2014
This was the perfect title music for 'True Detective'.
It is dark, brooding, highly imaginative and very atmospheric. That is not to mention addictive.
on 27 February 2014
I started watching the True Detective series, and was instantly addicted to the title track. Bought it, love it, great!!!
on 14 July 2014
First heard this on True Detective on Sky Atlantic and after my peep Shazam had a little listen, I purchased. Couldn't really put it under any specific genre, There are so many genres now and many of the double barrelled type would probably fit this. I was looking for a different sound and have found it
on 12 May 2014
This is the haunting theme to the TV series True Detectives and the lyrics are possibly weirder than the TV storyline. Great song that sticks in the mind. I have no idea what genre this would labelled under if I had to search for it in a record shop.
on 24 March 2014
I love this track, I listen to it on repeat and can't get enough of it. It has a great rhythm and feel to it and I love the voices. This is the first time I have heard The Handsome Family and I shall definitely be looking out for more.
on 11 October 2015
From the theme tune to the good series of "True Detective".
Don't bother with series 2, developed from a concept for a police procedural called "Vinci PD" and nothing to do with True Detective (series 1)
on 19 April 2014
I loved this when I first heard it as the theme from the TV series True Detectective and just had to seek it out.
I've since listened to other tracks by The Handsome Family and shall be buying some albums soon!
on 27 March 2014
Love this track! Each episode of True Detective would leave me wanting to hear more! Had never heard of The Handsome Family before am definitely going to check out some of their other albums