5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, dark at times, but a good read
Published on 27 Feb. 2013 by Lmm

3.0 out of 5 stars Too rushed
I enjoyed this book once all the jumbling around thoughts stopped however felt it was very rushed and ended short.

Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by Jens

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, dark at times, but a good read, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book as the description was so vague, but I was intrigued and it was only 99p so I thought I'd try it! It is quite dark at times, but it shows how this girl, abducted at 2, finds her way through life, her coping mechanisms, her ocd, anxiety attacks, 'the lonely' makes being 'journal's a far away dream, but then someone comes into her life who knows her darkest secrets and changes her life forever. She has a lot to come to terms with from her past and for her future and the person from her past has as many issues. She also has this 'benefactor' who has come forward and given her a driver, paid for her to go to college and live, but he is controlling and a bit scary, she doesn't know who he is, but she has to trust that he has her best interests at heart, but it certainly begins to look like his intentions are anything but good, she finds herself abducted once more, facing her worst fears of dirt, dark and 'the lonely' just when she feels she has nothing more to lose, nothing left to live for, her world is turned on its head, but can she come back from it?

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!!!, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
This book has completely blown me away not what I was expecting at all. There were so many twists and turns my head was spinning. I can't ever imagine goin thro life like Emalynn/Sarah being afraid of everything having your life ruled by her own compulsive behaviour. At the beginning of this book she was scared of everything and everyone with only her friend shell, Stuart and her mysterious benefactor to rely on. As the book goes we learn what she had been through and her behaviour makes sense. I thought I had sussed out who her benefactor was but got it completely wrong. Can't really say much more without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't read the book. You need to read this book absolutely amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love the way Tara Brown writes! I had the same feelings as Em crying when she left Sebastian the first time hating Eli yet feeling drawn to him and the day after I started the book I went buying some wipes and hand sanitizer! Didn't wanna put it down desperately wanted to see what happened with every single character not just the main one. Wasn't a boring moment twists and turns to the storyline that keep you to grips with it! Wish I had a best friend like Michelle someone who doesn't judge yet tells you if you're being an idiot. Addicted to Tara Brown she deserves more credit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very gripping broken love story., 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
The Lonely is such a heart wrenching story. I feel for Em so much. It was not what I expected at all as I don't normally read the romance genre but it is a brilliant read it is so fast paced I couldn't put it down!
It is written so well that you feel all of ems emotions.
The sexy racy parts are just a perfect balance not enough that it takes over the whole story but enough to keep fifty shades of grey fans reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too rushed, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)

I normally read a book several times and was really looking forward to this book due to the good reviews however im now left wondering why its warranted such good review. Not one I will be rushing to read again in a hurry which is a shame because this book could have been great.

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say..., 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
This book was entirely unexpected. There were so many levels to the story and not your typical romance. It very cleverly lifted the veil on the past to lead to you to realise why the characters are in their current mindset. The back story is surprising as the hints of the past never let you think the story is going to be as it appears. Loved its unconventional plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where do I begin?, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
"No wonder the summary was so vague. it doesn't even begin to describe this book. I can't even say anything about this book as it will give away spoilers. Nothing like a typical college type book n not what you expect. although I question one of Em`s descisions towards the end of the book. A definately must read."

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazinggggg, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely brilliant!!! So well written...SEXY dark and romantic!!couldn't put it down! Please keep writing more
I will recommend it without a doubt x

5.0 out of 5 stars the next 50 shades ;), 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
I already love books by Tara brown, but this one stands out from the rest.
Compared to the norm of supernatural romance novels this is a complete change of pace.
Emalyn is a college girl with a troubled past and a major OCD problem, until her benefactor turns out to be so much more than what he seems. Reliving a memory she thought she had shut down and finding her real identity becomes the making of her.
A truly romantic and quite kinky romance that is truly heartwarming. Another great book Tara :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 28 July 2014
Keeley Smith (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lonely (Kindle Edition)
I didn't know what to expect with this book, and it pleasantly surprised me! From the first page you know something is wrong with Em, you see how she reacts to everything... the truth really knocks you.

Then there is Sebastian and Eli. Okay, so I admit I was team Sebastian but after a while I could see how Eli fit into her life.

One massive negative thing for me, and a very shocking one. I like books that have sex in them, but in this book it was a turn off. It just didn't fit the storyline for me. After everything Em had been through, for the sex to be like that, it was unrealistic and I didn't like it. If this connection between them had been a touch softer I would have given this book 5 stars!

The Lonely