4.0 out of 5 stars It Works. It's Worth Your Time, 7 Mar 2014
Mr. J. Shorthose "Anzelak" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Honestly? I didn't expect much. I always set the bar pretty low for these kind of books. Self-publishing still hasn't managed to shrug off that dirty cloud that clings to its clothes.

This book works. It isn't perfect - at times it feels like a machine that needs just a little bit more oil - but you won't be wasting your time picking it up.

Particularly interesting is the way magic is portrayed in the novel. Do yourself a favour and pick it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Firehurler, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A really good read not at all what I expected.
The book follows the lives of twins in two separate worlds only brought together in their dreams. Each twin has a set of skills and personalities in one world and a different set of skills and personalities in the other world.
Can they help each other in their respective worlds?
A well written book with an interesting, intriguing and thought provoking storyline.
The characters are well defined and thought out.
I would recommend the book it reminds me of Le Modesitt’s Recluce Saga in writing style. I have just bought the second book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
amazingly written and subtly well thought out, things that happen at points connect in weird ways that you only realise till later...really good work

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb debut novel, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'm addicted to this genre - I read Epic Fantasy whenever I get the chance, and I love the elaborately constructed world a good author can drag you into.

Firehurler started somewhat slowly, as I suspect most first novels do, but once I got into it, I was enthralled. The way magic is worked in reminds me of Brandon Sanderson, and I don't think I've read a book that treats the two worlds as it does.

If you enjoy the Epic Fantasy genre, then I strongly recommend giving this book a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down the storyline is very engaging and for once th ere isn't one character that I dislike. Cannot wait to read the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Aug 2014
quite good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Jun 2013
Wow. This book.
Everything was fantastic.
I so completely believed that this book would most likely be terrible, but god was i proved wrong.
If you have the chance to read it, do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on a whim, I had not expected a book of such quality. this story is truly amazing. what appears to be a slow start is actually a subtle opening to a massive epic. two unrelated worlds, two very different people that both share vivid dreams of a life totally at odds with their own. a beautiful concept that is brought to life. the writing opens a window into both worlds I could give you a synopsis of the story but that would rob you of the joy of exploring on your own and to be frank I don't think I could do it justice. buy it and meet the twinborn for yourself