5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adaptation
Despite reading mixed reviews, I found this to be a spectacular rendering of one of my all-time favorite books. There were some places where they changed things from the book, but overall, it was incredible to see such an amazing book come to the screen. (I requested a multi-region DVD player from my family because I HAD to have this movie!)
Published 4 months ago by A. Langdon

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
I was so disapointed with this as I had really been looking forward to it. The cast were fantastic and the quality of acting was great but the book just didn't relate all that well to the screen. I think Kate Mosse's Sepulchre would have translated better on the screen.
Published 12 months ago by Rachey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adaptation, 28 Nov 2013
A. Langdon "Medievalist Writer" (Iowa City, Iowa) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Nice adaptation .I really enjoy it. Help for understand the story .must read book first and watch video after to understand betterly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Labyrinth., 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This dvd is simply superb, having read the book and now having watched the dvd you realise how well the film followed the original story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This is a very good film, not sure if it would be so as I had already read the book, but it exceeded my expectations. Would recommend it to everyone who likes hostorical novels

5.0 out of 5 stars HISTORICAL FRENCH EVENTS DRAMATISED THRILLINGLY, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This is a very heart-rending thriller/drama based on the historical events of the !13th century in Carcassone in France when the search for the Holy Grail flashes back from a 21st century descendant and keeper of the secrets even though she is unaware of it. The purging by Simon de Montfort is cruel and harrowing as people are burned alive because they will not turn from their faith to Catholicism.
The acting is superb and the "chase" kepps you on the edge of your seat throughout with the many twists and turns.
Not really suitable for under 16's I would have thought.but I really "enjoyed" the unfolding and seeing yet again the effects religion has on the world and its societies. No-one wants to live and let live, people can be very greedy for secrets for themselves and want to dominate others with their views.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 19 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Kate Moss adaptation, 7 April 2014
Berniebob (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I found it hard to get into the book but I saw this on TV and loved it.
So much so that I raved about it to my daughter who did not see it and she told me to order it from Amazon.
It is a good 'mini' series put on DVD. Great storey line and well acted
It also helps that as a family we know the area where it is based very well
Highly recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Saw this on TV It started off well,couple of hiccups along the way,but totally held the attention and was looking forward to finding how it turned out THEN the ending, complete utter rubbish Made a mockery of everything that had gone before It truly made the whole thing pointless I regretted wasting those hours of my life watching it! STEER CLEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Labyrinth, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A film you must see. A epic and historic time. The destiny of two strong women from the 13th century and modern time. Lot of drama and adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I'm a huge fan of Kate Mosse's books and wasn't sure if this would work as film adaptations are not usually very good. This was brilliant. Even the man in my life sat quietly till the end, engrossed!

ARRAY(0xb055cc0c)

Labyrinth [DVD] [2013]
Labyrinth [DVD] [2013] by John Hurt (DVD - 2013)
5.00