5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and brilliant.I
I bought this phone for my mum who is incredible impatient with tiny mobile phones with 'their stupid small numbers'. Some people, like my mum, just want a simple phone which is easy to use. All she wants is texts and phone calls, and nothing else.

Published on 1 Dec. 2010 by Arheddis Varkenjaab

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea
I purchased this for my elderly mother. Sadly did not work, the panic button did not work and the reception was not good kept breaking up. I tried 3 different sim cards from 3 different networks, perhaps we were just unlucky.
I decided to try a different one went for the doro flip you can put as many sos no as you like and it will send text to each first.
I hope...
Published on 8 July 2011 by Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and brilliant.I, 1 Dec. 2010

This phone fits the bill perfectly. Dead easy to use, just dial the number and off you go. A clear voice repeats each number as you press the button so this is an excellent choice if you have no sight at all. There is an address book, and three programmable quick dial buttons, and you can send and receive SMS messages. Buttons are easy to press, and don't require much force.

On the back is a slightly patronising big red panic button (seriously, if you can use a phone you don't need a panic button) in the back that will, when pressed, ring the three quick-dial numbers in succession until it gets an answer.

The screen is HUGE and easy to read, and I've not managed to run the battery out playing with it but I imagine it should be impressive on such a simple phone. The charging cradle makes it easy to charge up, as you don't need to fiddle with cables, although you can charge it through a standard mini-usb port too.

It's a little bit cheap and plasticky feeling, but as it's not exactly competing with an iphone it's acceptable. It doesn't look overly 'special' either, and is quite stylish in its own way.

A good choice for anyone fed up with fiddly little all-singing all-dancing phones, or with eyesight problems, or with arthritis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Button Does the Business, 8 Dec. 2010
Very good and easy to operate. Large screen and buttons make it indispensable for 92 year old!!! The "Big Red Panic Button" is brilliant for emergencies. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 29 Mar. 2011
Bought for my 89 year old mother-in-law who has learnt to use this phone.
She has it on all the time and can summon her children with emergency txt "button" if she has a fall or needs help.
Excellent product for the elderly or anyone having problems with their sight.
Would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma, 9 Jan. 2011
So pleased with this purchase. Grandma (85), at first, was horrified to be given a mobile phone. Once we had explained that the three buttons on the front dialled straight through to her main numbers and how the panic button worked she settled down. We will explain the rest of it later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the older person, 4 Jan. 2011
Bought this for my mother in law for Christmas, it is ideal. No frills, good common sense phone for the technophobe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 8 July 2011
I hope this helps anyone else looking for a phone for a emergency.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone !, 16 Jan. 2011
We bought this for my 80 year old mother-in-law really due to necessity/emergencies etc. She is finding it very easy to use, and is now wondering why she resisted having a mobile for so long!

3.0 out of 5 stars MMS, 3 Jan. 2011
Acceptable quality for the price and fairly easy to set up for use by an elderly pesrson. SOS button could be easily pressed by mistake in a pocket or handbag, so disabled this function meantime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobile phone for elderly technophobes!, 29 Jan. 2011
Doris G. (Maidstone, Kent) - See all my reviews
I must admit that I hate mobile phones but I can see that this one is invaluable if you spend a lot of time alone. There is no obligation to learn anything other than to press one of the three direct dialling buttons, once it has been set up by one the grandchildren! Moreover, if you wish to dial a number for yourself, it is so useful to be able to hear which button you have just pressed. I am hoping to surprise everyone by learning even more about this useful product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for an Older person, 17 Dec. 2010
Bought this phone for my pensioner mother for peace of mind when she's out and about. She usually has a problem with any new technology, but this was so easy to use and the panic button is great. The numbers are large enough for her to see and the volume is great as she is hard of hearing.