5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
Really enjoy listening to this album. The Black Angels have created an atmosphere that draws you in and holds you right to the end. It's one of those albums that demands to be listened to rather than being "background" music. Lots of quirks and twists and turns throughout. Definitely not an album of songs that all sound the same.
Published 7 months ago by PG Stirling

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new......return to the late '60s
I had read reviews of their previous albums and thought they would be the sort of band that I would like. I saw the latest download offer of 4.49 and thought I would give it a try.
Published 11 months ago by S. A. Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 8 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars New . . . yet old, 1 April 2013
Tramps like us "Guitar bass and drums" (Surrey England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (Audio CD)
Thick rhythms pulsating through smoke filled ballrooms - the sort of thing that film makers were wont to do in the 60s/70s when they wanted to show "the counterculture". Well that's the feeling I get when I listen to this album. When I first heard it I honestly thought it was Jefferson Airplane as the singer sounds so much like her - track 7 "Always maybe" could have been ripped from the Airplane's late 60s output and that's no bad thing at all. This band are,however, from Austin, Texas and not from San Francisco and I predict that if there's any justice at all they'll be huge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new......return to the late '60s, 5 May 2013
S. A. Gordon (Enfield, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (MP3 Download)
It is certainly not a bad album but I feel that I have heard it all before. The Black Angels really show their influences. I can hear early Pink Floyd (I Hear Colours) throughout as well as The Kinks and the Velvet Underground especially on The Day. However, they really remind me of an old early 1980's band, World Of Twist. I am also reminded of late 1960's film music on some of the tracks, such as War On Holiday.
I would like to have given 3 1/2 stars as I quite like it, it is just not that original. Best tracks are Holland, Broken Soldier and Love Me Forever.
If you like psychedelic influenced music, then you will probably enjoy this album. I was hoping for a little more and whether I will be playing this in a few weeks time, I'm not sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Doors Alive, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (Audio CD)
Ok, like a lot of my favourite bands The Black Angels really do let their influences shine through (The Doors, Pink Floyd,) but for me that's a positive thing because its like having a new Doors album with a twist of modern sonic production and licks of colour and depth that a lot of 60's albums just couldn't have because of their equipment. The first single 'Evil Things' is as exciting as anything from The Black Keys, White Stripes or even The Doors themselves, it is layered in guitars and rocks so hard my subwoofer nearly blew up.
Very good album, im not sure where it ranks in their back catalogue, but after a few listens of this its very hard to dismiss as being a homage to the 60's. Its good fun in a Dark Rock king of way, but those vocal effects really hit home and comfort the soul.
As Jim Morrison would say 'come on baby lets have some fun'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Evil Things, 26 Sep 2013
Great band.
This album doesn't seem to have quite the same depth of sound as previous releases and dare I say it, is this a more 'poppy' sound for the Black Angels? Still, some really great stuff on this album, Evil Things rocks and the last minute or two of Always Maybe will set your spine a tingling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Guitar, 14 Aug 2013
Frank Bozic Jr. (brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (Audio CD)
I really love the Black Angels songs, this cd is for my collection of good indie music, I recommend to all people who likes sounds with parts of 60's guitar sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Black Angels going from strength to strenght., 19 May 2013
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (Audio CD)
Slicker production, more melody (heavy Doors influence) with all the best signature sounds of the previous albums. Psych rock at its best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Experiencing 60s, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (Audio CD)
I hold The Black Angels responsible for rescuing me from my video games addiction. It was the "Bad Vibration" song that was used in 'Spec Ops: The Line' shooter, which I could not forget. It was the first of their songs that I heard. I never finished playing the campaign, but I fell in love with The Black Angel's music instead. Now I often spend that time previously spent on gaming listening to the band and exploring the late 60s and all those groups from those old times that I still don't know much about.

Indigo Meadow is actually just that to me. It is all the best stuff from Rock `n Roll and the psychedelic Rock of the late 60s brewed into absolutely original artwork. Whoever composes songs for The Black Angels is brilliant. There is no doubt about that. I would think that this along with that song is taken from Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground or The Doors, but still will always recognize The Black Angel's unique style.

In "Always Maybe", gritty atmosphere, similar to that from already mentioned 'Bad Vibration', is well preserved. The beginning of "I Hear Colors" reminds me of the "Waiting for the Sun" song of The Doors, and later it develops too into pure cuteness, where thrilling keyboard's sounds and vocals are maintained in fast, typical for the 60s rhythm . "You're Mine" has that simple Rock `n Roll charge, which is known to me from "Telephone" song from 'Phosphene Dream' album. At least that's how I feel about it. There are some, still great songs, that I enjoy listening to less though(for example 'Don't Play With Guns' bored me a bit). But I can't think of any bad composition here really.

I never lived through the 60s, but Indigo Meadow paints my imagination of that time period in such a way that I desire to experience it. I'm 'true believer' now. :P (hahaha)

3.0 out of 5 stars The next big think, 29 July 2013
Rui Martins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indigo Meadow (Audio CD)
When i've hear the song "don't play with guns", i thought, "men, this is the next big think". I was wrong.

ARRAY(0xa80ebd74)

Indigo Meadow
Indigo Meadow by The Black Angels (Audio CD - 2013)