on 10 March 2014
I bought this screen eBay as refurbished. The screen itself is really nice and elegant. It somehow resembles an Apple screen, which is why I bought it in the first place so that it would go nicely next to my Macbook.
Color is correct, I must say. It's very suitable for photo editing. I must say that the color is more correct than on my Macbook Pro 15" mid 2010. I haven't had a chance to compare this to the newest Retina Macbook, but I think the difference would only be in the sharpness of the new screen. Response time of 7ms is also good enough for gaming and videos, in my opinion. No ghosting has been found or seen.
The reason I gave this screen 4 stars is that it lacks mounting option. Normally, computer screens usually offer options for hanging on walls or mounting on a bracket. That would be nice to save some place on the table, and easier for my work. I'm still looking for a suitable way to mount this screen on a table-clamp mounting bracket with 1 or 2 arms, so if you know a way, please drop me a line!
on 21 November 2013
The only cons about this monitor is that there are no speakers in it or headphone jack. This isn't really a problem since you can use speakers/headphones on your PC. But if you plan on using a console with this monitor, I suggest getting a soundcard adaptor for the console.

Other than that, it's a pretty good monitor for £119. The IPS panel is great, it's the main reason you should get this over other 1080p 21.5 inch monitors with no IPS panels.The monitor itself is lightweight and thin. The screen has a matte coating over it, which is good if you cannot control the natural lighting in the room you place the monitor in as you won't be annoyed with reflections comimg off the monitor which usually happens with monitors that have glossy screens, though the matte coating gives a slight grainy effect, but this isn't a big problem and shouldn't detract your expereince with the monitor.
on 2 October 2013
Bought one to replace an old 19" monitor and the difference is staggering.

I spent a fair bit of time looking at monitors and comparing different models, particularly IPS. Comparing several 21.5" and 23" monitors side by side in a local shop it came down to this or the LG IPS, and this had a sturdier stand (the LG monitors are constantly slated for having very wobbly stands).

Since getting this setup I haven't looked back, the display is fantastic all round, OSD is clumsy, but I haven't seen one which isn't so I wouldn't hold that against HP.

Now the question is when, not if, to get a second.
on 18 September 2013
Delivery earlier then expected. The monitor is first class. I am very pleased with my choice. Please note than you will need to have separate speakers!
on 8 October 2014
First off, I only gave this 2 stars due to the fact that mine has died after less than 18 months of ownership. It started locking up a few weeks ago, it wasn't turning off when I shutdown my PC and the power button would not work, I had to pull the power plug to get it to turn off, after which it would restart and automatically turn itself off. I have read abut people having the "power button lockout" issue with this monitor, but my problem was different, no message was displayed on the monitor and the image on screen did not freeze. Then it just stopped working altogether, the power light comes on but there is no image on the screen.

As for the performance of the monitor, it is excellent, I mainly use my PC for photo editing and this monitor is perfect for this task. It has excellent colour reproduction, wide gamut, good gamma performance, high contrast ratio and advanced colour control (colour temp etc.) which allows me to calibrate it properly. I have replaced it with the 23xi model, which I hope will last a bit longer. Having all 3 of the main connections is great, HDMI, DVI and VGA, so it can be used for multiple inputs, eg. a PC and PS3. Speakers would have been a nice feature, but not essential. My only other gripe is that it can only be mounted on the supplied base, which gives a few degrees of up and down movement, but no option of mounting in portrait, which would have been useful for photo editing purposes.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2013
Brilliant screen and no reflections! My computer person who installed my new system claimed it was one of the best he had seen.
on 27 November 2013
I am delighted with this monitor ,,, the side viewing angle is so clear .cant be more pleased excellent colours and response time
on 5 March 2015
perfect monitor, no complaints, will be buying 2 more to have a triple monitor setup
on 18 July 2015
Very good monitor for the price, you'll do well to find one for a better price and of the same quality. The review about the buttons is rubbish theres nothing wrong with them.

pro-quality
-size (doesn't take up much room)
-looks

con's-no speakers
-no headphone jac
on 18 March 2014
I bought this HP 22xi 21.5" IPS monitor to replace my 20" TN monitor. I'm glad I chose to upgrade as IPS is considerably better in pretty much every way. This monitor looks the part with it's nice stylish silver stand and bottom panel. It feels more sturdy than most other cheap IPS monitors and the stand doesn't wobble. Most importantly, the display is very impressive with nice crisp graphics, vibrant colours, clear sharp text and wide viewing angles. It helps that it supports a full HD resolution of 1920x1080. My old TN supported 1600x900 which was pretty good but this is even better. For gaming this monitor seems just fine with no apparent ghosting and the colours look great. Obviously you will need a good graphics card to run games at high resolution with lots of detail. One very minor negative is that this monitor appears to show rather bright whites compared to the TN monitor but I'm sure it just takes time to get used to this. Recommended for anyone looking for a fairly cheap but well built IPS monitor.