4.0 out of 5 stars New favourite ball, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: 2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Balls - Box of a Dozen / 12 White / Yellow *ULTRASOFT* (Sports)
Good all round golf ball which gives good touch around the greens and decent length. value for money with the offers around at present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the e6, 1 Jun 2014
With the goal of trying to gain consistency around the course I decided that I'd stick with one ball type, rather than playing either just what was in my bag or what I had recently found around the course. After reading up on the e6 they sounded like a ball that would fit my game, I have no issue with distance but I would like to hit more fairways given my natural fade shot shape.

Whether it is the ball technology or psychology I do not know but I have found that the e6 flies straighter than other balls I have used (and I've used all known brands). It does feel heavier, or more solid, on impact and if you are outside the sweet-spot at impact this is doubled - it can feel like you're launching a canon ball. But, when not struck well the ball still travels a good distance and when you do connect properly the e6 is up there with any other ball I've played for shot length.

In terms of distance, when using this ball I will either club down (e.g. 9-iron to PW) or consciously hit within myself as the e6 do seem to fly. Some reviews suggest that the e6 are harder to gain spin and tend to run through greens. I am not good enough to apply a ton of spin (18 handicap) to any ball but as long as you are managing your distances I believe the e6 to be good around the greens from my experience.

Putting - one aspect of the e6 that surprised me is that I find it incredibly good to put with. The ball runs very true and I feel very confident putting with it. Maybe the solid feel of the ball helps but the few rounds I have played my putting averages have certainly decreased.

I would recommend this ball to any golfer but perhaps the e6 is better suited to golfers with a 10 or more handicap. The e6 will be my choice of ball for 2014 for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less spin, more height, more roll, less slice/hook., 22 Mar 2014
Chris Downing "Chris Downing" (Chippenham, Wilts England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I started using these right after going to a Bridgestone demo day. (Yes there are ball demo days as well as the familiar club days). The tracking system told us that I was hitting down a little, slicing a little, but with reasonable clubhead speed for my age (66). Rather than the BX330SX ball I thought the Bridgestone guy would recommend, he told me that this much softer E6 would help me get more distance, more height, and take out some of the effects of an outside to in swing(slice). And so they do - very straight - although if you do a really big slice it will still go right - and it bouces off the clubface faster so about ten yards more length on a drive I would estimate. Around the green - this is quite a bouncy ball - I won't say soft because that sounds like you'll get more control - off the wedges its just fine - with correct technique you can stop these pretty well. Not quite Pro VI but then that's not what this ball is designed to do. The putting can catch you out - I would say these ball are about 10%+ more distance as they come off the putter face very well - but they do feel excellent for putting - you just need to practice those distances.

I believe this is the softest ball you can buy (51) - softer than the Srixon Soft you see everywhere - AND its a three piece quality construction and not like all the others that are two piece balls.

Great in this sort of transparent yellow - haven't lost one yet if you don't count the one that went out of bounds! And they come in white as well - I have learnt to like the yellow over the winter so sticking with those for the forseeable future. I'll go back to the BX330 when I am playing off 8 or less. (That's 8 less than now)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yellow Bridgestone e6 golf balls, 17 Oct 2013
Really like these balls!

Not lost any yet but then again, not played with any either.

Like yellow balls in winter and especially in autumn as they are often easier to spot amongst the leaves on the ground.