5.0 out of 5 stars Great book in this series!!!!
I really enjoyed this book! I got it this morning and I didn't stop reading until I had finished it. I found it a refreshing and fast paced book.

Published 8 months ago by Felicity

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Good as usual, book was funny witty and full of the classic humour that Julia Quinn displays in her books
Published 7 months ago by Fatima

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book in this series!!!!, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Sum of All Kisses: The Smythe-Smith Quartet: Book Three (Kindle Edition)

The story was well framed and led on from the other books in the series. If you haven't read the other books I wouldn't recommend reading this until you have! I don't think you would get the full depth of the book unless you have read the previous books in this series. The characters were both well written and I enjoyed the banter and conflict between the two characters. The dialogue really sparkled with wit and I look forward to their sparring. Additionally, the secondary characters were all well rounded, I especially loved the arguments and interactions between the Pleinsworth sisters (it reminded me of the arguments I had with my siblings in the back of the car on long journeys).

I thought the book was well paced and I really liked the use of the flashbacks and normally this can get a bit stale but I like that fact it was written from her perspective and then his.

I really loved this book and I would recommend this book to everyone I'm only sad that I finished it so soon. Hopefully another book in this series will be coming out soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars No disappointment, 26 Nov 2013
As always this author does not disappoint. An enjoyable, easy read with lots of gentle humour. This is good fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely read, 22 Mar 2014
Love the banter between Sarah and Hugh, with an unlikely hero at the end of the day. Can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 27 Jan 2014
Another great instalment of the smythe-smith story. Great to see some old characters to o. I Really enjoyed this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another OK Quinn read, 5 Jan 2014
S. Shamma "Suad" (Abu Dhabi, UAE) - See all my reviews
I must say I'm outgrowing historical romances, no matter how much I adore the author. This book was not bad at all, it was actually quite entertaining and enjoyable to read.

It was fast-paced, so it moved quickly enough that I could easily read it in a day's time. Julia Quinn has a knack for creating drama and suspense without dragging it out leaving you to enjoy the events of the story line.

Sarah and Hugh are both interesting characters. I admit, I found Sarah a tad annoying at the beginning, especially during her first interaction/stand-off/confrontation with Hugh where she, in my opinion, made a complete fool of herself. More so later on when she continued to blame him for her single status, I found that more than ridiculous and quite immature. So it took a while for her character to grow on me. Hugh on the other hand I've been a fan off from previous books, and I've been waiting to read his story.

He did not disappoint. He had the sarcasm, humor, chivalry and the right dose of melodrama to make him a very endearing hero. His interactions with Sarah's cousins and sisters were very entertaining and reminded me quite a bit of my fiance when he is stuck with my sisters (all four of them) and how he must feel when they all start bickering and talking over one another. Hugh handled himself quite well, and just as I'm sure Sarah felt, it only made him more endearing to us all.

I'm glad things progressed quickly enough with them both, although it did take about 3/4 of the book for them to even have their first kiss. I didn't find that off-putting however, because I thought their conversations and the time they spent together was more important than when they actually start kissing and fighting to keep their hands off of each other. I prefer to see dialogue and real interaction between people than have the pages of my book filled with sex scenes.

All in all, a good read. Not my favourite. Not the best. But also not the worst.
I think generally speaking, it would take a lot for me to get back onto the historical romance bandwagon. I mostly read these books out of habit, but I seem to have lost whatever it is that used to make me get lost in the story and the romance and the period it's set in.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, 30 Dec 2013
I have over the years read all of Julia Quinns but not recently. This is one of her best. The slow realisation of their feelings, the humour, the romance make this hard to put down. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice story!, 24 Dec 2013
The story was quite enjoyable and unique! Thank you Julia Quinn for this lovely book! Can't wait for the last one!

5.0 out of 5 stars julia quinn, 13 Dec 2013
the reason i enjoyed this book is that julia quinn is a fine writer and she makes her characters come alive. i would recommend this book to any one who likes to have a smile whilst reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as usual, 11 Dec 2013
Love her books never yet been disappointed with a Julia story. The families have grown and evolved more lifelike characters. Well done

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sum of All Kisses, 8 Dec 2013
I like "Sagas" and this one continues in the series. Light but pleasant reading with believable characters, excellant for reading on long train voyages

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›