5.0 out of 5 stars A great thriller, so intense!
From the first murder to the last I was mesmerized by this book. I was captivated by the intensity of the scenes, the characters and the meaning behind the masked man's actions.

Like Jigsaw from "Saw" this insane vigilante believes in teaching others a lesson due to the injustices he perceives they have committed. Nothing is scarier than a mad-man who believes...
Published 5 months ago by Ky

3.0 out of 5 stars Brutal!
This story hits you between the eyes from page one. We readers become privy to each murder in graphic detail, and hope against hope that the main character Max, and his new partner Jesse, piece the puzzle together as deftly as possible and with much haste as the death toll increases. The deaths seem so senseless, but all is revealed at the very end.

There was...
Published 5 months ago by C. M. Donaldson

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 13 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is perfectly themed, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
The recurrent question in this novel is why do people waste the avenger' s time? I am now asking myself the same question - why did Todd M. Thiede waste my time with this ridiculously jejune, lacklustre novel? The protagonists continually have juvenile internal debates to signpost the reader down the tragically predictable storyline. The emotionally stunted two-dimensional characters left me disappointed that there wasn't an apocalyptic ending to draw a line through the banality.

1.0 out of 5 stars A really awful style of writing., 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
I struggled through to the end of this book for one reason only - I liked the idea of the story; A serial killer who murders people who waste his time. Unfortunately, what could have been a great novel is totally ruined by the style of the writing, in the present tense. I dislike present tense ("Margaret is sitting at the table looking out over the marshes" type thing). This book reminded me of a children's book like "Postman Pat is sitting in his van thinking about how many letters he has to deliver today". There was absolutely no feel for the two leading characters at all. No insight to the characters, apart from being two of those really annoying people who feel, John, that they have to keep saying your name, John, in every sentence John. Hey John, do you know what I mean? Even when the characters are supposed to be having a conversation, they have to keep saying each other's name, presumably because the writer things that the readers are too stupid to understand who is speaking! The characters are more wooden than Sherwood Forest! So much detail is skipped over superficially that it makes the story unbelievably bad. I've given it one star for the basic original idea only.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of my time., 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
After reading a couple of chapters of this it becomes quite obvious that the author has never written anything before. The plot is okay but the characterisation of the people in it lack any depth and the way everyone talks with every single word pronounced exactly as it would be in a dictionary means that nobody talks like a real person. If you read this review take it from me don't bother to purchase it. I would have been really disappointed even if it had been free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
I just finished reading Time Killer in one sitting. It's such a fast read that I lost track of time and actually missed a doctors appointment because I was so enthralled in the book. This .99 book just cost me $50.99 ($50 Co pay for missing appointment and .99 for book) and I honestly couldn't be happier. I would much rather read a good book than go to the doctor anyway.

I'm sure that the doctor would have wound up wasting my time anyway. Pun intended. You'll love this book as much as I did. From beginning to end it kept me on the edge of my seat. Lee Child, John Grisham, and James Patterson have been slipping lately and I'm glad I found an author that not only takes their place but jumps way ahead of them in my eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVELY DIFFERENT!, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book would be just another boring detective story. You know how it goes: someone kills someone, then a boring cop goes through clues and finds killer.
But WOW! I was proved wrong! This isn't your typical mystery/detective story. Todd M. Thiede puts you in the murderer's shoes with unbiased sympathy and other touching emotions, and the feeling just continues from that point. The murder scenes are where Thiede excels the most. You can literally feel your world changing around you with a primitive sense of being part of the story. The two detectives in the story are anything but typical. This story made me think about my whole life, and I'll tell you this: I SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO NEVER WASTE ANYONE'S TIME AGAIN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good use of your time - above average thriller, 14 Oct 2013
Karen Black (Pennsylvania,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
Capturing my attention from the outset, Time Killer didn't let it go. After a bit of difficulty, Max and Jesse get it together to wisely use their time in tracking a killer that abhors any real or perceived waste of his time. The well-developed characters pull the reader into their realm to create a story of suspense that will satisfy the most demanding reader. Bravo Mr. Thiede! Bring on the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sympathy for the killer..., 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
The story opens as a killer strikes - and the chilling reason for his gruesome revenge - one of the victims wasted his time! The reader is then introduced to Max Larkin and Jesse Fairlane - the detectives assigned to solve the seemingly irrational slaying of an innocent woman and her children, and maiming of her husband. As the story unfolds and more murders occur with a similar modus operandi, pressure mounts on Max and Jesse to find the killer before more innocent people die.
This book gripped me from beginning to end. It enthralled me for a number of reasons - the hypnotically awful injuries inflicted on the victims (like car-crash TV, I couldn't look away), the dynamic between the cops as seasoned Max adjusts his attitude to rookie Jesse - and perhaps I shouldn't say this - but I felt sympathy for the murderer! If we're honest, who at one time or another, hasn't felt angry with someone for wasting their time? OK, the killer did take things to extremes - but I could appreciate the source of his agitation.
For sheer reading enjoyment I have no qualms in rating `Time Killer' a 5 star read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fairy tale, 26 Sep 2013
Elaine Byrne (Troon. Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
This is a fairly short read but it is a page turner as the plot is a good idea - someone murdering time wasters in rather gruesome ways. It is, however, a cosy mystery despite the gore, as I don't think there is a swear word in it and the detectives ignore standard police procedure as if it does't exist. The dialogue is clunky and simplistic at times which I found annoying at first but then I got used to it. I entitled this review "A Fairy Tale" as that is what it is: a good story, simply told with little relevance to reality. It is an easy way to pass a few hours without any undue brain exertion.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Killing time" as a punishable offense, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
This book, "Time Killer" by Todd M. Thiede, is a detective procedural / thriller with an unusual premise:

Imagine yourself waking up duct-taped to a bed, unable to move. As you open your eyes, you see a man in a dark suit, wearing a ski mask. The man is looking down at you. You try to say something, but your mouth is so dry with fear that no words can come out.

Then the man speaks: "You wasted my time earlier today. And time is money. So, I have come to get my money."

You feel terrified yet there is a sparkle of hope--perhaps you can pay this scary man off and he will go away, and this nightmare will end.

Oh, he'll take your money, if you have it. But he will also take something else--your ability to waste everyone's time.

The story is told in a way one would tell "scary stories" around the campfire. For it is a "scary story" so, don't read it in the dark. It is still a mainstream thriller, and a police procedural to some extent, so the general format would be familiar to most readers of the genre. On the background of all the gruesomeness of killing and maiming, detective Max Larkin, and his new partner Jesse Fairlane, need not only to solve the terrifying crimes, but overcome their "incompatibility" issues. There are clues for them to follow, suspects to interrogate, old cases to examine, all the trappings of a detective story are present here. The little touches like mentions of the "song that sounds so familiar" also thread the storyline, adding to the atmosphere.

However, I would like to repeat it one more time: The premise for this book most assuredly takes the cake among the thrillers I've read recently. "Killing time" as a punishable offense. Who could have imagined... Good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Kindle Edition)
I found myself hooked from start to finish, very well worth the time. Thoroughly enjoyed this book, I look forward to reading more books by this author.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 13 | Next ›