5.0 out of 5 stars A great thriller, so intense!
From the first murder to the last I was mesmerized by this book. I was captivated by the intensity of the scenes, the characters and the meaning behind the masked man's actions.

Published 15 months ago by Mo Birch

3.0 out of 5 stars Brutal!
This story hits you between the eyes from page one. We readers become privy to each murder in graphic detail, and hope against hope that the main character Max, and his new partner Jesse, piece the puzzle together as deftly as possible and with much haste as the death toll increases. The deaths seem so senseless, but all is revealed at the very end.

There was...
Published 16 months ago by C. M. Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars A great thriller, so intense!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Max Larkin Detective Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Like Jigsaw from "Saw" this insane vigilante believes in teaching others a lesson due to the injustices he perceives they have committed. Nothing is scarier than a mad-man who believes in his mission, that he is justified for his actions. A fantastic bad-guy is a must for any good crime-thriller.

Absolutely love the interactions between Max and Jesse, I was rooting for them throughout the book, wanting so much for them to nab the psychopath not only for justice but for their own personal satisfaction. I won't rune the ending, you'll just have to read the book for yourself!

Very gripping book from beginning to end, I would highly recommend! Writing style reminded me of John Grisham, Lee Child, and James Patterson. Definitely not a waste of my time!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Time Killer, 6 Nov. 2013
A reasonably good thriller, but the "detectives" missed vital clues along the way. The ending was short and could have been expanded to draw the killer to the final conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing thriller! You'll Love it!, 14 Dec. 2013
One of the best written murder mysteries I've read. I don't typically read this genre, but a friend recommended it to me. I was pleasantly amazed by the novel. I love the way the author weaves so much drama into the thrilling, intense, crime-laden narrative. I was on the edge of my seat, frantically flipping the pages, because this book is so intense from start to finish.

The author writes dramatic prose in such a simple way, providing a wonderful cadence perfect for this category of story. The pose frames the story in present tense, adding to the excitement and making you feel like you're part of the book. I really appreciate Todd Thiede's creativity in developing the story with this kind of writing. It's much different than most other types of crime fiction novels. I recommend it to anyone looking for a different type of crime fiction novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw and Thrilling, 7 Dec. 2013
I'm not a regular reader of thriller, usually preferring more nuanced reading matter. However, from the moment of picking up this book on personal recommendation I was absolutely captivated. The story twists and turns like a knife in the gut and although at times it raises a few doubts the writing is always controlled and the author in charge of his craft. The motive behind the crimes is a hatred of the eponymous Time Wasters and although this might seem far fetched you only have to think about the contemporary accounts of real mass murders to know that this tale is scarily realistic. A great read and well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Crime Thriller, 3 Dec. 2013
I love to read a good thriller, especially a crime related one, and Todd M. Thiede has now joined my list of the top crime writers. This is mainly because this book offers quite a change from the same old, sale old of other crime fiction, which is getting a little stale and repetitive lately. This book is also very-fluidly written and the language is quite gripping so that it pulls you right into the story. I could really feel Stephen Bjornson's panic in the first chapter!

I also liked the basic idea that the killer is out to get "Time Wasters." These days we're all in such a rush all the time that we forget how to just be and relax. This book's premise touched on the absurdity of that and when I find extras like that in a genre book it just makes the book that much better in my eyes. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well-written crime thriller with depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars edge of seat read, 2 Dec. 2013
Wow what a great book, full of suspense and mystery a little bit predictable at the end, but over all a great book will be looking out for other books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant crime thriller!, 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Time Killer (Paperback)
When Stephen Bjornson wakes up drowsy and unable to move, he knows something is terribly wrong, but the nightmare has only just begun... Soon his family are dead and Rockton Illinois has a killer on the loose.

Detective Max Larkin works alone, so he's not impressed when he is teamed up with rookie detective and local girl Jesse Fairlane. However, before long a strong partnership develops as they try to capture the grizzly murderer.

The motive quickly becomes apparent, the victims have wasted the murderer's time and he doesn't like time wasters! Confirmation of this is written in their blood at the crime scenes, but he never makes a mistake and leaves no clues.

As the death toll rises, the young detectives discover the murderer has struck before, and their partnerships tested in unimaginable ways as they try to find a lead.

Will they discover who the serial killer is?

Why does time wasting anger him so?

I couldn't put this book down, and would thoroughly recommend it. The storyline is brilliant and there are some great twists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, 19 Jan. 2014
Very well written thriller. I found myself screaming at that book as if it was a movie. Great twist and turns throughout. Warning though......reading when you are alone will scare the daylights out of you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Max Larkin faces a killer who is very much of OUR time, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Time Killer (Paperback)
This book came along at exactly the right time for me as I had recently been contemplating the value of time. The old folks will tell ya, "Buy land...they're not makin' any more of it". That is true but, if you're a practical person who believes our existence is finite then your time truly is this world's most precious commodity. That's what makes the killer in this book so contemporary. In this Busy Doing Nothing world...Mr. Thiede has created the killer of OUR time. Think about it.

The story is told in a way one might tell it verbally to another person. The action starts right away. I mean, brutal murder scene kicks off on page one. Detective Max Larkin has to solve this grisly crime while breaking in his new partner, the beautiful and smart Jesse Fairlane, who has some baggage of her own.

Before too long, Max and Jesse realize they have a bona fide serial killer on their hands. The pace is fast and we learn quite a bit more about our protagonist as the story goes on.

A breezy read. Enjoyable right to the end. I look forward to reading more from Todd Thiede in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, 19 Jan. 2014
Great reading. Could not find myself able to put this book down. I actually found myself up all night finishing the book. Very intense and well written!