Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 March 2015
Firstly apologies, the review below should have been for Karl Bartos's - Off the Record album, I did purchase both and have gotten mixed up when writing the review.

I have always liked OMD and this album is very good, many of the tracks sound familiar to Kraftwerk which is another one of my favourite groups.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2013
I could not wait to buy this once released last Monday. Wow, this really is OMD back to their very best. My wife and I have been OMD nuts since we met and last saw them on the Pacifice Age tour in 1986.

We were both a little disappointed with the last album, HoM, but liked Sister Marie Says. This album, is different though and you can feel the influence of Malcolm Holmes on this one. We cannot all agree on music tastes but this album has something for all OMD fans, from the earlier synth experimental tracks to the smoother, classic pop sound.

Personal favourites are Helen of Troy, Dresden, Metroland and the wonderful Stay with Me. Paul is superb on this final track. We have tickets for the Manchester concert in May and hope that the boys play some of the EE tracks as part of the set.

I have been disabled since a car smash in '98 and don't get out much, but we are not going to miss this one.

In short, if you like OMD, buy English Electric!
on 31 December 2013
Great album and great to hear some vinyll again! Can't put my finger on it but vinyl sounds so different, it's not just the obvious noises there's something atmospheric about it, it won't be my last vinyl purchase.
on 18 August 2015
Best album they have done since A & M, manages to sound retro and modern at the same time!! Great tunes, great concept, was one of my favourite albums of the last year, loved it so much I bought it in vinyl!!
on 22 November 2013
I,ve always been a Fan of Electronic Music, OMD, Kraftwerk, Human League, Gary Numan Etc. This is a Brilliant Album for any Electronic Music Enthusiast and the Deluxe version has got the DVD.
on 29 May 2015
Kept this vinyl for decoration purposes only don't know what's inside but bought CD and it got that classic OMD style which is great. Keep up the good work OMD your still the best!
on 19 April 2013
All the other reviews have covered all that needs to be said about this new album.
If you're OMD fan then buy it.
If you're a fan of electronic music buy it.
If you want an album with some lovely melodies and Andy McCluskey's voice at it.'s very best then buy it.
If you just wan't an occasional album just to play in the background, then buy it.
Oh sod it, just go and buy it........?...
on 5 May 2013
A few of OMDs albums in latter years were poor and felt as though they were yet another thing off the conveyor belt.

My how the break has done them good!

Back to refreshing electronic pop with great vocals and even a hint of Kraftwerk in places.

The more times I listen to it the better it gets.

Well done and back in your rightful place
on 15 May 2016
Top album by one of most underrated bands of all time ! They up there with the best off them, we'll done lads this a tru omd album to be proud off !!:-)
on 29 January 2015
I am a total HI FI nut ,and if you want to show off your set up to friends ,and you like OMD, put this on your list ,180 gram record with a CD has well