5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I have had many in-car chargers for my Samsung Galaxy S3, but this is the best ever.

Previously I would struggle to use the GPS on my phone in the car on long journeys as even with the charger connected while using the GPS the phone battery would discharge slowly.

This is now a thing of the past! Now I can use the GPS whilst also listening to music...
Published 8 months ago by mjr_havoc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good charger but not a great fit
I bought this as other car chargers often didn't push enough current to my phone when I was using tomtom satnav.
This does better, the phone still slowly discharges even with this charger when using tomtom but at a much slower pace.
One big annoyance is that it can move in the power socket and regularly stops charging until you push it back in.
Other...
Published 8 months ago by Andrew Dearlove

‹ Previous | 15 6 726 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the old model, 26 Jun 2014
S. Boyle - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5S 5 4S, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 Pro, HTC One, PS Vita, Gopro, External Batteries and more [White] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I got this to charge a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (old version with the 30 pin socket). Despite having an Android socket, it did not charge it, i.e. the charging battery symbol had a red line through it. I sent it back and Anker provided their 2nd generation model with the IQ sockets. The IQ sockets adapt to the type of device you connect and will charge the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. So unless you know your device will work with the old model, I'd get the new one which comes in black or white.

Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air, mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; Tab 4 3 Pro; the new HTC One (M8) and More [White] or white)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do, 26 Jun 2014
Mr. B. K. Edmunds "Brian_E" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This works great and fits nice and tight in a car's accessory socket. However, I only had chance to use it for a short time as I replaced my sat nav for a Garmin model and the traffic receiver cable that comes with the unit doesn't terminate with a USB plug but rather, a standard car accessory plug. I have therefore had to purchase the tomtom fast charger to use instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work in my car!!, 26 Jun 2014
Did not work in my car!!
I'm very disappointed.
I can not return or exchange. I live in Brazil and I threw my money away.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a charger that has enough power to charge my Ipad, 24 Jun 2014
hi I have had several charger like this one bit most only give 1 amp and this is useless for charging my Ipad when running a navigation program like Navionics HD this one does it very well.
regards Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with the right cable, 24 Jun 2014
Ashton Mason (London, UK) - See all my reviews
When I first tried this charger I found it actually charged my Galaxy S4 slower than my existing car charger. Since the whole point of buying this Anker charger was to improve charging speed (and in particular allow me to keep the phone charged while running power-hungry satnav apps), I was a bit was disappointed! It took me a while to work out that Anker really are serious when they recommend using the right micro-USB cable (ie. the one that comes with the phone). When I use the cable that came with the Galaxy S4 - instead of some random cable - the charger is fast enough to keep the phone charged. So I can say the charger is very good and works well, but they aren't exaggerating when they say the charger works out what device is connected, and that it seems to work this out at least partly from the attached cable (maybe USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0, for example?). Finally I've been very impressed with the approach and mindset of Anker who seem intent on providing a good product and following it up with great service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and just works, 20 Jun 2014
Bought 2 for our Samsung Galaxy S3&4 phones and 10.1 Galaxy Tab 2014 as well as Ipad air and charges them all swiftly whichever slot is used- much much faster than using old Samsung chargers or cheap cigarette socket chargers we've had for years that are barely .5A. In fact I threw out my old ones and just use this Anker one now.
Customer support are very attentive too which is reassuring and helped me swiftly resolve another issue.
. to be recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The best car charger out there, 19 Jun 2014
Luke K (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have three Android phones and at last I can charge two Android phones at the same time with this charger. It will automatically detect Android/Apple device and will charge them properly on both ports. Works great with my Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z2 and HTC One S. It is very nicely built too.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it but......., 16 Jun 2014
First of all this product is fantastic, very neatly designed and does what it says on the packaging i.e. charging. But, there are things that need to be worth noting off..

1. I have Toyota Auris and this device did not easily make its way into lighter socket. Tight to push it in and once in, getting this unit out is bit scary, I feared my complete cigarette lighter unit would come out. After rotating this unit in anti clock wise I finally managed to pull this unit out. Not very good is it....

2. There is no LED to indicate if the unit is actually connected or not. You actually need to connect the USB cable to mobile phone and then insert the charging unit in lighter socket and see where this connects. Not very practical, it shud rather be easy plug and play and NOT plug, rotate and play....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger, 16 Jun 2014
I recently bought the anker car charger for my tablet and tried it out. First thing I noticed was the snug fit in the outlet of the car. It charged in no time and will be used this summer to supply my tablet while being used for sat nav. The charger I had before kept cutting out and was binned. This product has a Quality feel about it and I would recomend it to anyone who wants a trouble free car charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service from Anker, 16 Jun 2014
The first one I bought worked once then stopped working. I contacted Anker who were fantastic and sent me another one. The replacement works great.

I'm impressed by their care and speed of service. This is the second Anker product I've bought and there will be others.

‹ Previous | 15 6 726 | Next ›