5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than The Best
Reviewing the Anker 2 Port Turbo Car Charger and enjoying using the best car charger I have found to date.
Published 14 months ago by Tim D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good charger but not a great fit
I bought this as other car chargers often didn't push enough current to my phone when I was using tomtom satnav.
This does better, the phone still slowly discharges even with this charger when using tomtom but at a much slower pace.
One big annoyance is that it can move in the power socket and regularly stops charging until you push it back in.
Other...
Published 6 months ago by Andrew Dearlove

3.0 out of 5 stars Good charger but not a great fit, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air, mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; Tab 4 3 Pro; the new HTC One (M8) and More [White] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Other chargers I've used didn't have that problem in my car so I'm presuming it's specific to the design of this charger.
It also doesn't have a light on it so I notice it's not charging when the charging led on my phone goes out.
I'm still happy with this charger overall but wish it sat firmly in the socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than The Best, 20 April 2013
Being constantly on the quest for a better charger, Anker made this available to me to test and evaluate. Already having a small box of chargers that were supposed to be better than paved roads, I said "What the heck, sure", thinking that if this one performed like the others I have tried, it would join the others that didn't work up to expectations.
With the others, they did provide a charge if I had all day to leave our phones connected to them but who has the time for that?
Upon receiving the Anker Turbo Car Charger, I immediately noticed the printing on the box saying it is an 18 Watt, 3.6 Amp output device! The unit is packaged well with the ability to see the product. Sure looked small... Could this thing be real?
Removing it from the package yielded a very compact and solid built unit with a feel that I like. It does not have the cheap, almost ready to fall apart feel that most others have.
A quick read through the included manual made me want to plug it into the vehicle and start charging one of our phones. The first one I charged is my Galaxy Nexus phone. I have never seen a car charger get that battery to full faster than this one.
Not believing what I was seeing, connected my wife's Droid Charge with an aftermarket battery so large it takes a special back case. It was about 25% charged and in just less than 2 hours was reading 100%.
One further test was charging both phones at the same time and they charged as fast as they would have had they been connected to their home wall chargers, if not a bit faster. The perfect charger!
I really like the "smart" this charger has and how it can select the output current to each of the 2 ports, depending on the demand. I am happy to say I didn't overload it and cause the auto shutdown to kick in but it does have the ability to shut itself down if the output demand is above specifications.
Another nice sort of touch is that there is no onboard LED that tends to distract me while charging like the other ones did. No square of black tape over the LED on this one.
Should you buy a couple of these? You bet you should because if you are looking to end the slow charge times while driving, this charger is the one you have been looking for.
A few days ago, I took the charger to a dinner with some friends and showed it off to others that have the same complaints with the ones they currently use then found out the next day they ordered some of the Anker chargers for themselves.
The product reviewed was provided to me at no cost for the purposes of review. I received no other compensation, and my review is my honest opinion of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 Oct 2013
We'll made product, charges my ipad within hours, used to take a full day with regular in car charger.
We'll worth the money you pay for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome power!, 5 Nov 2013
Power totally top speeed - just like a wall charger for iPhone, so on a 3 hour journey, AND using it's satnav all the way, my iPhone is fully charged from about 20% buy the end of the journey. It's a really solid quality plastic, not flimsy in any way, and others I have had have died after a few weeks, this has been going strong now for over 6 months daily use in my car.

Only thing I would change would be the orientation of the usb sockets - they are upside-down compared to laptops and other devices. Also perhaps a logo of Apple and Android next to the port to make it easier to spot. I've also seen some stubby chargers (Ģ20 or so!) that fit under the flaps that some cars have for the charging port (my Passat for instance) - is this possible?

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficulty of fitting., 15 Oct 2013
The device works perfectly, however it is very hard to fit in the car.
I had to push very hard inside to make it work and connect.

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it works perfect!, 6 Aug 2013
Does not always get proper connection or falls out!! My old charger had five points of contact on the side and it worked better and did never fall out....

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and it's fast!, 15 May 2013
OMG! It's got a plug! (Winchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I purcahsed a Belkin car USB charger last year but it was unable to power my iPad. However, this charger copes with no problems whatsoever. Moreover, I can charge my iPad and Samsung Galaxy MP3 player simultaneously and they both charge at more or less the same rate as if they were plugged into the mains at home. Connect your device(s) to the charger, start your car engine, plug the charger into the car lighter socket and you're good to go.

It's worth noting that if your lighter socket is fitted on the dashboard and in line with the gear stick the overall protrusion of this, including the USB heads on the charging cables, is about 90mm.

For the price at the time of writing, this is a bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works..., 7 May 2013
Mr. Ja Grist - See all my reviews
This charger is great when it actually charges, running everything on my note 2 like navigation, and bluetooth etc it still charged 10% in around 25 minutes, my previous charge would just about cope to stop the battery draining so this is great..

The downside is that it's hard to get it to work correctly, I keep having to move or twist the charger in my car socket to get the contacts to work, which gets quite annoying. I've not had this problem with other chargers or devices plugged into my cigarette lighter socket so I can only assume that perhaps the contacts on this device aren't quite sticking out enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars fastest car charger, 7 July 2014
Most powerful and fast car charger I ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, 6 July 2014