5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and lovely, 27 Jun 2014
Ms. L. Kelly "linzik64" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hungry Face (MP3 Download)
Beautiful music, haunting and delicately composed. I have this as my phone ringtone now and can't help but think of Les Revenants everytime it rings..

5.0 out of 5 stars A Slight Return., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hungry Face (MP3 Download)
Every once in a while something a little off one's usual spectrum will filter through and prove to be a delightful pleasure. One such pleasure has been Channel 4's screening of the French supernatural series 'The Returned'. I can't get into the modern take on vampire and zombie movies but there was something captivating about the series itself, aided no doubt by it's beautifully haunting soundtrack, ably provided by Mogwai. A favourite of John Peel - who also introduced us to the likes of Joy Division, The Undertones, Altered Images, The Wedding Present and Marc Bolan - they've been around for a while but still not a band I know a great deal about. I'm sure I saw them supporting the Manics some years ago but the noise that night was worlds apart from the melodic, hypnotic 'Hungry Face', something else not usually found on my typical play list and so a second pleasant surprise from the one source.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound!, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Hungry Face (MP3 Download)
I have been avidly watching the new French series, "The Returned" which is most unusual but thoroughly enthralling. The soundtrack played each week at the beginning of the show is this, "Hungry Face". What can I say? Have a listen for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

Hungry Face