5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping
I will make this short. I read a lot of books. I especially enjoy historic fiction. It is difficult to find novels in the category nowadays where you just can not put it down and where you have to finish the book to find out what happens. This book is absolutely gripping and a real page turner. Which is funny really because we all know what happened at Carrhae!
Published 22 months ago by Oddjob

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing end to a very good series
I have really enjoyed the series but for me this book had all the signs of a rushed lazy effort. The pace is frantic from the offset and whilst that is normally something I enjoy in a book, here I just felt that the author was trying to cram too much in. Much of the language, especially when describing the battles is repetitive and seemingly written without any feeling or...
Published 21 months ago by mrogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 12 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS BOOK, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
The main characters in this book are excellent i do not usually enjoy books written in the first person but this a pacey enjoyable read. great ending to a really addictive triology.Would recommend this book even though it has a few typos.

5.0 out of 5 stars The end, 18 Feb 2013
Neill Cowans (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Superb books I followed to the end and shed a tear in the finale....superb a must read for all time

5.0 out of 5 stars Four of the best books I have read., 27 May 2013
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Have just finished reading Carrhae the fourth book in the Parthian series and as the previous three could not put it down. I have read book one to book four back to back and have been enthralled throughout the whole series. The atmosphere created in the books is stunning making you feel you are there and I have become totally immersed in all the characters and feel deflated now the journey is over . These are the best stories I have ever read in my life , enough said I have just gone back to Book one The Parthian to start all over again. Congratulations to Peter for creating such characters and stunning battle scenes. Cannot wait for Peter's next books which I believe are set in the Crusades.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fitting end!, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This is the last of the parthian novels and it doesn't dissapoint, having read all four i must admit this has got to be the most exciting series of books i have read. Engrossed from the very start, the characters are interesting the ideas behind the stories are believable (although it's a work of fiction), the battle scenes are described in such awesome detail, the tactics used are believable and the scale of the battles leave little to the imagination. I did wonder how this series would end and was worried that i may be disappointed, i wasn't! Peter darman could not have come up with a more fitting ending, an excellent excellent read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fourth and final instalment in the Pacorus saga, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Nicely concludes the story of the legendary Parthian Warlord. If you read and enjoyed the earlier books you will want to read this. If you have not read the earlier books I would read them first before reading this one.

Generally this is above average in the genre of Roman era books with plenty of action and a reasonable level of suspense and plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic end to an incredible series, 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled across this series by chance on Amazon and since then haven't been able to put them down. This book is a fitting tribute to the series and I have to say the first book to ever bring tears to my eyes. As always the story is fast paced and pulls you along. The final chapter of the book really demonstrated to me the investment I had to the characters and story when I couldn't help but cry as they are all reunited. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic end to a fantastic series, 29 Nov 2014
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
What a fantastic end to a fantastic series. Read the books one after the other and believe they stand up against any author writing in this genre today. I was hooked from book one and just became more and more into them the more I read. Like other reviewers I did shed a tear at the end but what a great ending to a really superb set of books. I would recommend these to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars SCF, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Just finished the last in this series by Peter and just couldnt put this last book down - must say I felt a little emotional at the end of this one... but a fitting ending. This book does run at a very fast pace and at times would benefit from slower build ups - however the numerous battle scenes are interesting and believeable. I wouldnt read this book without having read the previous installments from the series. Overall, loved this book and loved the series. Great stuff Peter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well written and a complete account, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
The writer could have stretched another book or 2 out of the theme but chose not to and concluded the story of Dura. I have been impressed with the authors offerings and will look for his work in the future. This book should be read in series and will be difficult to put down. In short and excellent read and one I would thoroughly recommend

Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4)