5.0 out of 5 stars He just keeps getting better and better
I first heard a Steve Earle track almost 25 years ago.

From the first moment I heard that voice I was hooked - and now a quarter of a century later, after all the booze, the drugs, the jail time and the many many marriages he's still here and still able to make me stop and listen for 45 minutes.

This collection of songs is quite possibly his best yet...
Published on 16 April 2013 by Cambridge Ian

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Highway is a low point
Let me start by saying that I am a massive Steve Earle fan- but I honestly feel that the last good album he has done was Jerusalem. His sound has changed very much and so has the production. From a song writing point of view also it seems every album as started getting worse.

I don’t want to start bad talking Steve, as I think he is amazing but...
Published 4 months ago by The Freak

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 April 2013
PCM (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
Have listened to this about half a dozen times (on my tedious daily commute) & after just the 2nd play, found myself singing Remember Me - what a beautiful song. Couple of other things struck me: intro to Calico County reminded me of the beginning of something on Washington Square Serenade, but without playing all of WSS I can't figure out which track; bits of Love's Gonna Blow My Way put me in mind of Willie Nelson's take on Irving Berlin's Blue Skies (go figure that one!); there's a line about ghosts (in Calico County again maybe?) in a song that brought to mind The Mountain. The overall feel for me reflected Burnett's influence still -in a good way. Looking forward very much to the gig in May, & despite a wealth of new material, my fingers are firmly crossed for a Billy Austin encore, like we had at the Royal Festival Hall a few years ago. Harley is sorely missed from this series of Treme, too! Carolyn Middleton, Aberdeen, Scotland

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Old School Earle, 20 April 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (MP3 Download)
Outstanding Album. Old Vintage Steve Earle. A must for every fan. Up to now one of THEE best albums of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistent and best of recent albums, 16 April 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (MP3 Download)
Any songwriter that can weave "teleporters" into an anthemic song which has a great twang sound and makes it believable is worth listening to right? Just listen to 21st Century blues!
Seriously strong album with an excellent spread of styles and influences
Steve Earle is a consistent writer but this album is better as a whole than a few of the recent releases
Buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars You can see how Steve is getting better and better and on the top of his game, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
Just buy it! There is not one single duff track this album starts high and just keeps getting better. You also get a 24/96 disc which you can play on a blu ray player the sound quality is awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Low Highway, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Tried to get this on vinyl from 2 independent record shops, they could not get it as there was only a limited press. Got it from Amazon - no problem, brilliant service. Pressie for husband and he loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite singers, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
As usual, Steve Earle delivers brand new songs with unusual and beautiful instrumental backing. His songs just breathe all things American as well as the international language of love - not just in the romantic sense - "Remember Me" is a song from father to son and is very touching, reminding us all of our mortality.

5.0 out of 5 stars steve at his best, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
a mix for all tastes great cd a must for all steve earle fans,some rocking country tunes i love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Steve Earle Fan, 8 July 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
I love Steve Earle and have most or all of his music and I will now start converting my family for Christmas and Birthdays

4.0 out of 5 stars very good but not his best!, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
another brilliant album from steve earle!I have lots of steve earle albums and have waited a long time for this one which is very good but as i say not his best one :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly produced, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Low Highway (Audio CD)
as is usually the case with steve Earle's recordings.
Mainly because it's not over produced. Always the song is the man subject and not some fancy sound experiments

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Low Highway
The Low Highway by Steve Earle (Audio CD - 2013)