5.0 out of 5 stars HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner
Published 7 months ago by JR Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars as I thought it would be better and quicker
I bought this to replace a much cheaper HP Scanner Printer that died as soon as I tried to install its first replacement cartridge, as I thought it would be better and quicker. It's neither. Very disappointed to find out that's it's very much slower than the scanner printer. Scan quality isn't that good either.
Published 1 month ago by K J Simmonds

5.0 out of 5 stars HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner, 13 July 2014
JR Baker (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
I bought this because it was a slim lightweight scanner without any need for power supply (it is powered via the USB link to the computer). It is no larger and somewhat lighter than my laptop and the two can easily be accommodated in my briefcase. The top "flap" can easily be removed so that large items can be spread out on the scanning plate. It does everything it is supposed to do efficiently and quickly. The accompanying software includes a good OCR application (IRIS) and photo editing software. Scanning is quick but colours are not wholly accurate, whites tending to have a distinct colour cast. I have another scanner that is much more consistent with colours, but it is three times the size, five times the weight and over three times the price, so I would not put that down as a complaint. The colour cast can easily be corrected, but my own main use if for text..

Within it's limitations it is excellent. The advantage I saw in it MIGHT also be a disadvantage. The very lightweight construction (even flimsiness) suggests to me that it should be used for occasional non intensive applications only. On that basis I am more than satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what's required, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
The scanner is excellent and does the job required (mainly document scanning). It is easy to operate and fast enough for my purposes. The touch-pad controls make it fast to operate, allowing you to select pdf, email or print output, etc with a single touch. As so often, however, the set-up instructions were inadequate and unclear in certain respects, leaving unanswered questions. Manufacturers so often let themselves down in this way. Clearly written by people who are totally familiar with the device, they fail to envisage the experience of the user when confronted with a totally new and unfamiliar device. So the experience of setting up was around 4 on the scale of frustration. That said, I would certainly recommend the scanner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fantastic, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
Everything about this scanner is amazing. The product itself is slim, easy to use and scans beautifully with no colour corruption or changes. The company (Fuzion) who supplied it were fantastically helpful, polite, and friendly. I needed to know that it would work on Windows 8 and, although this information was not readily available on their system they made every effor tto find out for me, and asured me that I could ring them for help if I needed it once the scanner arrived. I ordered it on Wednesday evening and it arrived at mid day on Friday. How can you beat that????? I would reccommend this scanner to anyone looking for a good scanner, easy to use, at a sensible price. I would also reccommend the company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 8 May 2014
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
I have had two Canon Lide 200 scanners in as many years and each has broken down after one year: I thought that one was bad luck, but two? Stay clear of them. I was looking for another option and this HP scanner seemed a good candidate. I can't say yet how durable this HP machine will be but the software is much nicer to use (for example you get a much better preview, more options and it's very easy to navigate). The footprint is small and neat. It scans to PDF (I can't remember this being mentioned on the specifications) and also does OCR. What more would one want for £49.99? It's dead easy to install but remember to load the software first and only plug the machine in when prompted (just like HP printers).

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 18 Jun. 2014
Woodgnome (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
I had a Canon LiDE 60 which was in perfect working order but I was unable to make it work after upgrading to Windows 8.1. Because of that, I was not willing to give money to Canon again so I looked for another brand. After some searching I took a chance on this HP scanner after checking that it is of recent vintage and has drivers for Windows 8.1.

I am mostly interested in scanning A4 documents, and that works out very easy to do, with good quality. I expect it to scan photos ok too but have not tried that yet. I registered the product online so I received a few emails offering OCR software; nice to know there is some, but I have no particular interest in that right now. Sorry, this is somewhat of a limited review!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it say on the box - it scans, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
This is a basic easy to use scanner and works fine for my occasional use, OCR is pretty reliable. It looks neat and fits the limited space I have for it. As a lady well over retirement age I set it up and figured out how it worked without any help. Instructions could be better but this was not my first scanner so I know what they should do.
Overall happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the money., 19 July 2014
G. McAdam "garymcadam" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
Very capable piece of kit - simple to set up & install, works happily with my Windows 7.1 64-bit set up and provides good quality images. I bought it primarily for scanning documents, but I've tried photos with it also and have no complaints on that score either. The bundled software (Arcsoft Photostudio 6 and ReadIris Pro 12 OCR app) is decent rather than outstanding, but it does the job. Performance is also good - quiet and quite quick and the scanning application has a nice & easy to use front end.
In short, you won't go far wrong with the Scanjet 200 - whilst I've had mixed results with HP desktop PCs in the past, their peripherals (printers & scanners) have always been good and this continues that trend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice neat machine, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
Very efficient and simple appliance to use. It looks very smart and sits neatly on the desktop. I would thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent piece of kit for storing family photos docs etc ..., 11 July 2014
james (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
excellent piece of kit for storing family photos docs etc and super quality if anything happens you have them in digital format forever well chuffed [northern expression].

5.0 out of 5 stars Scanner., 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner (Accessory)
I had to update my scanner due to the former one not being compatible with Windows 7. I am very pleased with its performance.

HP ScanJet 200 Flatbed Photo Scanner