Format: DVD|Change

on 20 May 2005
I have had this video for 15 years and have never looked at another since.... I bought the video when I was eighteen years old and after the first time I ached so bad I put it back into the cupboard and there it stayed until after my first child was born 3 years later, I decided to give it another go and like the first time I ached so bad that I could barely walk down the stairs, but I didnt give up, I did it twice a week for 2 months and I am not exaggerating when I say that the results were amazing, My body was far leaner and more toned than it had ever been before having children, back then I was always a size 12 but now I am a size 10. I have since had two more children and the video has not only helped me during pregnancy but has also put me straight back into shape afterwards. I love this video, dated it may be but it works and thats all that matters.....
on 19 April 2001
I got this video about 6 weeks ago and have found it fabulous. I thought that I had no time to exercise and that when I did it wouldn't work. Not only are these exercises easy to do (after a bit of practice) but they work and you can see results very quickly. I was already at my 'ideal weight' but needed to tone up. I have gone down from a size 12 to a size 10. Buy it.
on 29 December 2013
I had the original callenetics video from the late 80's and although I was young and fit, I had had a child and callenetics totally sculpted my body! Amazing results. Now I am 50 and need to go easy on the leg and hip ones due to arthritis but its still one of the best fitness regimes around. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.
on 7 July 2013
I have just lost a lot of weight but was looking very "untoned". I thought all the walking I was doing would make my legs look better but I could still see cellulite. A month of Callanetics has made a marked improvement, and this is one program you can do that wont make you sore if you do it at your own pace. I will never look 16 again but I'm doing pretty good!
on 24 November 2013
I had this on video originally and was thrilled with the results, I was so excited to discover it is out on dvd, The results are truly amazing, if you have tried other slimming and exercise courses, they won't have a patch on this. The results are so rapid, it's unbelievable.
If you are wondering whether to buy it or not, don't hesitate, you won't regret it for a moment. It's also suitable for the not so able of us, I am partially disabled myself.
on 22 December 2013
I, like many others, did Callanetics briefly in the 80s. I was in my early 20s with a new born. Last November I decided I needed to lose weight & firm up. Particularly my bingo wings. I couldn't find my book so bought it cheaply from Amazon with the 30 days to a better body. As I'd not done Callanetics for 20+ years I started with that. My body firmed up very quickly & I was very pleased with the results. For some reason I decided to move onto other aerobic style exercises, thinking I would get faster results. I managed to lose 26lbs watching my food intake, but not quite dieting. In November I ended up in A&E. I had not done any exercise for two weeks & had acquired a herniated disc. After a few weeks of pain I began the slow painful recovery. I then remembered my Callanetics. I read the book again & started to do the alternative exercises for people with back problems. Today after 5 days I received the DVD in the post & did the one hour programme with a few small adjustments & I feel fantastic! I've decided to buy the whole collection & will continue to increase my stamina & fitness this way. It works. It's gentle. It's relaxing & it's suitable for anyone. Try it!!
on 31 January 2008
The fact alone that the lean beautiful body body on the front of all the videos belongs to Callan - 47 at the time - should make you hit the One Click button right now.

This is quite simply the best programme for changing your body shape. I use Jenny Rivett (with Lorraine Kelly - Figure Happy) for my aerobics, and Callanetics three times a week to tone. I thought I was born with a big bum. I wasn't. Within ten days of using this video it had completely changed shape. My waist was tiny - the best EVER excercise for the waist and legs I have found, you can almost see them whittle down before your eyes, and so easy, no sweating and no pain!

My only negatives are this...the tinkly light music will send you to sleep, and gets incredibly irritating after a while. So after you master the exercises and have listened to Callan a few times to get the moves exactly right, turn the volume down, watch the counter and listen to your own music.

Secondly..its a video. When will it come out on DVD??

This is a timeless exercise video (if you ignore the makeup and hair) and it seriously will change your body.
on 16 August 2005
I started doing Callanetics in 1996 and lasted a few years religiously doing it most days and getting really good at it. Then, as fitness became more and more big business I tried other things like yoga, pilates, gym, swimming, weight lifting, etc. However, I am going back to Callanetics like a long lost friend! It's great as you can do it anywhere with very little equipment.
You do need to have cardio in your life too and I know Callan supports this (see her Fit Forever book)as obviously a toned body is going to show up only on slimmer people. Give it a go - you don't need to complete the tiny 100 movements straight off, I initially started with 20 and worked my way up and took breaks whenever I needed them.
on 28 July 2005
I had just been to a Callanetics class and seen an improvement in my waist in 10 minutes - absolutely incredible. There was also a noticeable improvement in my midriff after about 20 minutes. I bought the video and the book to help me to remember the moves but I think I greatly benefitted from one to one instruction to keep me right.
Linda Strachan (Scotland)
on 21 January 2002
I had a serious operation and came across this book by chance. It helps you regain body form and function while taking into account individual requirements. Unfortunately, I lent it to someone who didn't return it and I am now trying to find a copy.