Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 April 2014
The modern take on Hawkwind in all their glory (and not all of it was)? Whether they been influenced or not I don't really care. I just love the fact that they are brave and inventive enough to use technology to go far beyond the mainstream and bring more than a little magic back into music. Well done! It's a gem.
on 29 November 2014
If you like your music on the psychedelic side, then the Hookworms first offering (i think), is just perfect. Think Spacemen 3 and Hawkwind both using a Roland space echo at the same time and you are half way there. The music is wonderfully dense and trippy. The vocal style takes a couple of listens to tune into but then makes perfect sense. There are several musical interludes, little noodling tones and feedback, which do have a calming effect between the aural onslaught of the main tracks. Love it to bits!!!
on 31 March 2013
As someone in his late 30s I no longer have an ear out for fashion / scenes. I have no knowledge of what the NME would call "cool". I don't even know if its cool to be cool anymore.

Anyway, having bought this on a recommendation I can honestly say its the best thing I've heard in years.

The similarities with spacemen 3, suicide and loop stand out for me. Although hookworms put their own sonic slant on it.

I can't wait to see them live!
on 5 March 2015
Psychedelic rock that's very reminiscent of Hawkwind. Unusual take on an old theme and well worth a listen. Recommended
on 4 January 2014
This is an outstanding album. If you are into the neo-psychedelic sound of artists like Koolaid Electric Company and Brian Jonestown Massacre then exploring the music of the Hookworms should definitely be on your to-do list.
on 14 November 2015
This is on my cd player quite a lot. Excellent modern guitar/rock/psychedelic music.
on 11 December 2014
British alternative music rediscovers itself at last. Welcome back music with purpose and serious intent. Play loud and rest assured if you're past 40, like me, because this superb ep demonstrates that the kids aren't all RnB listening, Instagram posting no-heads with shallow aspirations. No, they're raging, thank God. Anti-coalition and anti-corporate (irony alert, here and now) genius. BUY! BUY! BUY!
on 13 May 2013
The spirit of Hawkind is alive and kicking. Maaaaan.
Fuzz guitars, screamingvocals fabulous. I am in my fifties and laughing my socks off listening to this.
Need some mushrooms.
Must be a fabulous live act.
on 28 March 2013
I thought Hookworms would find it hard to translate the power their live shows produce,but how wrong was i,the opening track sums up how good this band are ,& if you get chance go & see them live.
on 10 November 2014
I took a punt with this having read a favourable review of their new album in 'The Times'. It just seems to be an album of sound effects slightly reminiscent of Tangerine Dream and bands of that ilk.