4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera
A return to using digital Ixus after about 4 years and it really has made some improvements. It is the same size and weight, but the optical and digital zooms are so much improved. It really takes great pictures - streets ahead of my old camera and my iphone. The anti shake thing when you're photographing close up macro stuff seems very useful. The battery life isn't...
Published 19 months ago by The Goat

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound Issues?
I loved this camera as soon as I got it out of the box. Looks great, it's small, has lots of functions (I don't use most of them though - that's what my SLR is for), and picture quality is great.

However, the main reason I bought it is for the 1080P HD video function - and this is where it appears to have a fault. I have recorded several short music clips -...
Published 12 months ago by Jolly D

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Still great photos for Canon but fewer shooting options than older Canon., 21 Dec 2013
My old camera ixus 230 broke and I chose to buy this one as it was value for money. I was slightly disappointed as it did not have the kids/pets options which allows me to shoot good natural-looking photos without long focus time (it's the sports mode for some cameras). I need this especially as I've got to be quick when shooting my small child. She waits for no one! In a nutshell, I return the camera and got my refund. So no issues. But i still like Canon for their great photos during normal light (The photos don't come out blueish like other brands) and good photos under low light mode. If you can do without this function, it's still a good affordable camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Ixus 255 HS Digital camera, 23 July 2013
I did find the instructions a little difficult to understand, in particular connecting by Wi Fi & loading photos onto my computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and compact, 9 Jun 2013
I have always bought and used Canon products as they are well made and very robust. This camera was a replacemnt for a previous model of IXUS but with slightly more featires and a larger amount of pixels. It is easy to use but I find it a little too small to handle well. In fact I like the slightly larger model I had previously but I am very happy and it has already taken some good photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!!, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Canon IXUS 255 HS Digital Camera - Pink (12.1MP, Wi-Fi, GPS, 10x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
I bought this camera to replace my canon ixus 80 is. There was nothing wrong with my camera it was just 4 years old and not great under low light conditions.
I was worried about this camera as there weren't many reviews on Amazon but so far I'm very happy with it. I've taken a few practice shots and compared them to my old camera and can see the difference.
The ixus range is simple to use. Still worth downloading the manual from the canon site to see all the functions on offer.
If you are after a nice small compact camera this is a good bet. I like canon and didn't really want to stray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 23 July 2014
Much impressed, particularly on max zoom.
Excellent product

4.0 out of 5 stars camera, 30 July 2013
How2b (abergele UK) - See all my reviews
really good
i have had the 95 and the 105
this is a step up again

feels my needs without having one of those awful touch screens to navigate

recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 7 Jan 2014
Ist camera defective - sent back

2 and camera - battery does not last long before recharging - not as good as old ixus- good photo lens

2.0 out of 5 stars perfect camera BUT..... PLEASE READ THIS, 5 Jan 2014
this camera is amazing it has a very clear photo, but there is a very bad annoying issue which is the battery dost last for long.
many time it let me down? when i go for a party and it say please charge the battery which i just disconnected it before i leave the home.
other than that its a good camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon IXUS, 14 May 2013
It has so many functions that I haven't had time to use them all. It is the best camera I have ever owned and look forward tomany years of pleasure with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Canon IXUS 255 HS Digital Camera, 23 Oct 2013
On 21 September '13 I bought this camera as a replacement for my previous Canon IXUS 230 HS, purchased on 3.1.12, but which broke down earlier in Sept. I did think this was a very short lifetime for a camera, but I had enjoyed the facilities of it and the quality of pictures it produced. However by 20 October - just 4 weeks after purchase - I found it was not holding the battery charge ("Battery needs charging" sign kept appearing), and assumed the battery was at fault. I returned this new battery, and asked for a refund, meanwhile replacing with a different fully charged battery. On 22 October I went to take photographs of geese, only to find the "Battery needs charging" sign, and no life whatsoever in my camera. Of course this confirmed the camera is at fault, so am returning it today. I am very disappointed in the life-span of both these cameras, especially of course the IXUS 255 so recently purchased. I shall now be looking for a completely different camera.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›