Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 30 October 2013
Have had compact digital cameras bought after the partial demise of the SLR with 35mm film. The cost of the new DSLR's and the fact that all my old lenses etc would need replacing made it a potentially expensive process. Saw this and decided to treat myself for my 50th. What a great piece of kit, I immediately took to it as it was almost like back to the old SLR albeit it appears like "Honey I Shrunk the Camera".

The quality of the pictures is better then my Samsung compact even though both are similar pixel rated. It feels better to hold and use as the controls allow either hand to zoom and is lightweight when carried. The battery life might be an issue but carry spare NiHd and an AA charger so time will tell. Its the price that won it for me, if you want to try the DSLR route but don't want all that initial cost then at about £140 which they sell for then this is great way of getting to know do you want to go the whole 10 yds and spend £750+ for a camera and lenses and then have to carry it all about. If you want a good quality camera, good picture quality but are not doing it for a living them this be just the start you want or like me don't want the hassle and expense of replacing older kit and not having to lug a very large camera bag with you.
on 13 June 2013
Fantastic zoom easy to use for non techy photographers.Good quality photos I am using for close up of birds and animals.
Only disappointment is they no longer provide paper instruction manual which was useful when out and about. My old coolpix had one!
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2013
I bought this camera to replace an ancient Coolpix 4500 which served me very well for many years, and it seems to be very good value at the price I paid, that is £136. You can't really use the camera properly without an additional SD card, but the one I salvaged from an old palm top is working well.

The resolution is excellent, and I'm most impressed by the zoom. Similarly, first impressions are that the macro facility (which I need from time to time) works well too. Another notable feature is that the camera's operating system (which I haven't yet fully explored) seems to be well designed and largely intuitive.

OK - it's a bit previous for me to write this review on the basis of a couple of days' experience, but, since there is, currently, only one other review of this product, I thought is was worth handing on these first, very favourable, impressions.
on 2 January 2015
Have only had this camera for two days. Took it out on a sunny walk today and posted a few of the pics on facebook. Got lots of comments about the quality of the pictures including one from my father who is a professional cameraman. I hadn't told anyone they were taken with a new camera. So to sum up: amazing quality for the price ( although on this occasion i didn't purchase from amazon as cheaper elsewhere). Easy to use and simple to understand the quick start guide and the instructions on the cd. Best camera i've had since the demise of my pentax SLR.
on 25 January 2014
If you want a simple to use zoom camera with good image quality and great low light performance this is a good buy. Light and easily portable in addition.
on 16 May 2014
The L820 has impressive specs, with the same backlit CMOS sensor and image stabilisation as in the equivalent P series camera. Considering the price this is going for from some retailers (thanks to the new L830, which doesn't offer much extra unless you want a swivel screen) it's a great buy. In terms of noise, artefacts and ISO performance it easily beats the equivalent Sony and Olympus cameras in tests, and only just loses out to the Canon SX50 HS - which costs 2.5 times the price I paid for my L820!

Something I was particularly impressed with was the quality of the HD video, it's much better than my HD camcorder in low light.
on 6 July 2014
A nice and easy to use camera. It offers very high resolution pictures and has a lovely 30x optical zoom. I would expect to pay a fair bit more for a camera with these features. However, I was a little disappointed with the picture quality. Closeup photos look good but when taking the usual holiday and family event photos the pictures look no better than those taken with my phone or with the old Canon pocket camera.
The camera has worked well for about 6 months but now it refuses to read any memory cards. Will have to contact the returns department and see how this pans out.
on 17 November 2014
My husband bought me this camera for Christmas last year. This year I bought it for my son.......need I say more
on 7 December 2013
Sold Nikons 55 years ago when they were first imported used many since both film and digital. Think this is outstanding in the first week I took an hand-held close up of a full moon. Visible on my web-site silvestersolutions .com on the Gallery page judge for your self.
on 24 January 2016
Really good camera considering its re conditioned. Comes with warranty.