Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.71

VINE VOICEon 24 April 2013
For those who don't know (and that included me, until very recently), the Gnostic Gospels area collection of writings made around the same time as the Synoptic Gospels but were frowned upon by the orthodox Christian hierarchy. One has to be careful about lumping these texts together because there are many disparate views expressed and they range from views that will still shock today such as, Christ did not suffer during the crucifixion because He was not human, but a God, or that He did not rise bodily from the tomb, to less heinous texts such as that of Mary - hopefully, we are now able to accept a woman as a significant figure; if not, GET OVER IT!!!

These books make uncomfortable reading: it is cosy to believe that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet, or Bible but, they have as much claim to historic authenticity as the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It is my experience that to subjugate views that question one's beliefs is always going to lead to trouble at some stage and these books deserve to be read. I have to be honest, my preconceived views do mean that I may not have been as fair to some of these ideas as I should; maybe, they will worm into my credence over time: in some cases, I truly doubt it but, I am glad that I have read them and they deserve to be exposed to the light f day.
on 2 March 2015
Fascinating. Not always easy to read or interpret; but adds to the body of knowledge. I don't quite know what I was expecting, but I do keep dipping into it.
on 23 July 2013
It is an interesting reading. You find that all the "wisemen" in the past actually read this, and concluded that they can act according to this, while not giving the nod to the public that it is ok.

Glad I am reading this, my dad, my uncle who was a Presbyterian church pastor for 50 years never read this...
on 11 July 2015
An interesting angle on all the bits the church cut oout of standard Christian creed.
on 17 April 2015
It has made me look again at the other stuf and wonder.
on 9 June 2015
A very useful addition to normal biblical information which is both challenging and informative about the development of the christian faith Peter baden
on 27 April 2016
Recommended to anyone who wants to find spiritual truth....
on 4 March 2014
To those brought up not to think outside the box as far as Gospel reading is concerned, these texts could be a gentle, if challenging, introduction. Not quite what you expect in format but very interesting. Was this what Q was like? As usual, the sale went smoothly.
on 26 July 2014
A great addition to my library.
on 13 February 2015
The things they don't tell you