5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and awesome value!
Published 4 months ago by The Curious Dame

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an OK case for the price. However ...
This is an OK case for the price. However, it is quite smooth and I'm concerned I might drop it. Hubbie has an Invision PU (mock leather) case that has a grained finish and therefore is much less slippery, although more expensive. I have decided to purchase the same case as it's a small cost against risk of dropping an expensive iPad!
Published 10 months ago by Margaret Lyons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and awesome value!, 18 Feb. 2015
I love all my electronic gadgets and do my best to keep them protected and as immaculate as possible. I already have a portfolio type cover for my iPad, but it's a little thick and heavy and when reading an ebook, a tad bit cumbersome. I use it for travelling. So I needed another case for daily use, something that was light to hold while still protecting my tablet. The ESR Mini case satisfies in everyway possible. It's light, attractive, and snug. One small snap and my iPad was in place. The cover has magnets and closes over the screen snugly. It does not shift or wiggle about. When the cover is open, I love the feel of the soft material that lays over the screen. Many synthetic materials are rubbery and don't feel good when holding it in my hands. So glad the material used in this case is appealing and likeable. The best news is that the case comes in a rainbow of colors and patterns! I chose the champagne colored one for its rich look! And the transparent case does seem to repel fingerprints.I am enjoying this case. The quality is outstanding and seems to be standing up great as I use my iPad several hours each day. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this case, 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: iPad Mini 3 Case, ESR® Yippee Colour Series Smart Cover Transparent Back Cover [Ultra Slim] [Light Weight] [Scratch-Resistant Lining] [Perfect Fit] [Auto Wake Up/Sleep Function] Protective Case for iPad mini 3/2/1 (Mysteriou Black) (Target)
I love this case. It is well made, of good quality and very stylish! You pay a premium for an Apple product because of the beauty and the brand. The last thing I wanted was for my iPad to be completely hidden in a case. This brand recognised this important factor and made the back of the case with a degree of transparency so that you can clearly see the aluminium back and Apple logo. I loved that!

The product description is 100% accurate. The price was amazing, more so compared to Apple's own version. I bought 2 cases, one in orange and one in black (for a conservative work environment) and I love them both. The magnetic front cover works VERY well and turns the iPad off when closed and on when opened. Another thing that set it apart from one that I had my eye on was it's branding is subtle and stylish like the case. One case I looked at had it's name branded in bright white on a black case. I found it made it look cheap and took away from the beauty of that case. Unlike this one which retains its beauty whilst selling the case brand subtlety.

I would absolutely recommend this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 13 Jun. 2014
If you are looking for something to fit great, be really light, and simply help avoid scratching the back or front of your Ipad Air while making your ipad look really sleek, this is a perfect buy at a really great price. The case is very attractive and well designed and the material feels very durable. What amazing is that the folding cover can become a triangular pedestal and it works beautifully, supports the iPad Air completely, and then lays down flat when it's time to use it as a protective cover. Besides, it has a fuzzy, soft liner that protects the screen. The back part that goes over the "Apple" logo is translucent and the color of the front. If you are looking at the Apple Smart Cover like I was thinking about, then you definitely want to get this instead since I cannot imagine it being any better even though it has a much higher price. Really happy with this purchase and would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an OK case for the price. However ..., 13 Aug. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars No Sleep/Wake function, weak magnets. I am disappoint., 24 Nov. 2014
Disappointed with this case. After all the good reviews I was expecting something that at least lived up to the description!
The Sleep/Wake function does NOT work at all and when held with the screen face down the front cover flaps off with only the slightest tap or adjustment of grip.

I would maybe expect this from a £1.99 case from a well known auction site ( in fact I have been using a cheapo case which actually did function correctly and I am only replacing as the fabric has worn away) but I was expecting a little more from this "highly rated" case.

Of course I threw the packaging away as I expected the case to be as described. Lesson learned I suppose :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you like your ipad compact, 12 Aug. 2014
Not bad if you like your ipad compact. Although I struggle with the back every time I want to use it to watch a movie but then its not a bad product

1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheep and thin plastic., 15 Feb. 2015
This is a useless product, got it for my other half as a gift and the volume buttons fell off. There is no security all the buttons are just held on by a thin piece of plastic. The case is cracking around the edges. It's not like it's abused it's kept in the office to stand the iPad up and now I need to get a new one and not this brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is okay as a protection, but the buttons ..., 16 Oct. 2014
It is okay as a protection, but the buttons to control the volume and to turn on/off the unit are too hard to press.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks amazing, great value for money, 14 Jan. 2015
I got a new iPad mini 1 for Christmas, and immediately went on a hunt for a case. I absolutely fell in love with the colour (mine is mint green) and the way the case folds down. We also have an iPad 1, and we have an original Apple case for it which is a similar design to this, and just to warn people, the front does not detach from the back case. There is also a mysterious hole on the back, at the top directly behind the front camera. It seems pretty useless to me, but I think it might be for something on a newer model? The front bit that folds is cloth inside in order to not scratch the screen but it gets dirty quite easily, just bits of fluff and at the edges there's marks. The volume buttons are completely covered, and have two raised surfaces like buttons, which press on the actual buttons. They don't match the exact size of the actual buttons, but it's still easy to change volume so I'm not particularly bothered. It locks as soon as I put down the cover (very satisfying by the way) and is very light and slim.
As I've only had my case for under a month, I'm not sure if I can accurately judge the durability other than it hasn't broken yet. It did have a quick bash against the windowsill when I tripped but it didn't smash or anything.
When putting on the case, in order to avoid it snapping, I put the case on the radiator to expand it slightly as a precaution. After about 30-60 secs, it felt hot so I took it off and quickly snapped it on and it fit perfectly.
Overall, I think it was great value for money, and when this one gets really dirty or it breaks, I won't mind buying another one because my iPad looks awesome in this case!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 8 Jan. 2015
Just got it today. So far so good. Let me clear up a few points that have been previously mentioned.

Pros:
1. The unit looks sleek and well designed
2. The unit DOES unlock the iPad when the screen cover is opened (people that haven't experienced this may have the feature turned off on the iPad or have a faulty case)
3. The mint colour looks like it does on the website

Cons.
1. As previously stated by others, if the iPad is upside down the magnets in the case will not hold the screen cover onto the iPad (is this really a problem though?)
2. The lock and volume buttons are a bit harder to use (I'm sure this will be less effective as i get more used to the case)

All in all I think this case does the job perfectly. Obviously time will test the cases durability and other problems that people have experienced (Such as the cracking on the corners)