Published on 12 Feb. 2013 by Mr. M. Rix

2.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Naughty
Back in 2004 when I first saw Hand of Blood on Scuzz TV, I was excited. I was excited about this band and I was excited to watch them grow. The first time I saw them they were supporting Funeral for a Friend in 2005, months before the release of their debut LP, The Poison which remains one of the finest metal albums of the 2000s.

When Scream Aim Fire was...
Published on 28 Mar. 2013 by ...

2.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Naughty, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Audio CD)

When Scream Aim Fire was released, it showed signs of the bands growth; further incorporating the sounds of the bands that they grew up listening to. But things veered off track slightly with Fever, which had some good ideas but the delivery wasn't all there. Fast forward two years and we have Temper Temper. What happened? I hear nothing exciting going on musically and the lyrical content is very childish. Matt Tuck was never the world's greatest lyricist, but this is laughable. If they were to release this album as an entire instrumental, it would be better, because there are some fairly decent tracks in terms of the music but, like I said, we've heard it before.

I used to think that BFMV had a first class ticket to be this "generations" next big metal band. Maybe they will, they're sure appealing to a much more mass-marketable crowd. But when was metal about that? I hope this is just late 90s/early 00s Megadeth and they'll be able to pull it back and make more great music, if not, well, I always have The Poison.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good album - but it's far from perfection. I'd recommend a listen online before buying though, 12 Feb. 2013
Mr. M. Rix - See all my reviews
I'll start by saying that I know an awful lot of people have slated this album, criticising the change of style and the lack of effort put in (apparently didn't go into the studio with any written material at all). In this regard, I can see why people are frustrated, I am too - because if this is what they can do with little effort, then with more time, and respect towards their fans, they could produce something fantastic.

I'm not going to bother comparing this to The Poison, like everyone else seems to. Times have changed, the market is much more competitive, and I believe that the band thought this change of direction would bring in new fans, whilst trying to appease the old. Sadly i think they failed to do both, and simply produced an okay album.

Onto the individual tracks:

1. "Breaking Point" - Not a bad opening track, pretty good guitar work with passable vocals. One of the heavier tracks on the album.
2. "Truth Hurts" - A good following track to 'Breaking Point'; better guitar work and vocals.
3. "Temper Temper" - The first released single, Basic guitar work, and pretty cheesy vocals but it grows on you with time.
4. "P.O.W." - Tempo brought down a little bit, a good track overall.
5. "Dirty Little Secret" - Similar to 'P.O.W' in style, another good track.
6. "Leech" - Really don't like this track, the guitar work is good, but the lyrics are absolutely atrocious.
7. "Dead to the World" - Another slow track, similar to 'P.O.W. and 'Dirty Little Secret', just not as good as the previous.
8. "Riot" - The second song released, personally I really like it. The lyrics are basic and cheesy, but its pretty catchy!
9. "Saints & Sinners" - Really like this track an awful lot - certainly one of the better one of the albums! Sticks very close to their older style
10. "Tears Don't Fall (Part 2)" - I don't know why they needed to do a part 2, the guitar work is simply in a different key with different lyrics. It's stll really good, i just personally didn't see the point in it!
11. "Livin' Life (On the Edge of a Knife)" - Generic, but nothing bad.

Deluxe Bonus Tracks:

12. "Not Invincible" - Ironically, this is a really good track. Should be part of the main album really...
13. "Whole Lotta Rosie" (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio 1) - AC/DC cover, need I say more?
14. "Scream Aim Fire" (from the "Live Lounge" show on BBC Radio 1)

Overall, there are a some good tracks; Saints and Sinners, Tears Don't Fall (Part 2), Riot, Temper Temper, not Invincible. All the others are either too generic or let down by poor lyrics.

I'd listen online and see if you like the change in direction and make a purchase (or not) based on how much you liked what you heard. The more you listen though the more it grows on you I found. I felt it was more worthy of 4 stars than 3...

Yes I wish they spent more time and effort on the album, but overall its still a lot better than the mainstream rubbish you hear on British Radio at the moment! Hope this helped!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bfmv at its best, 30 May 2013
I have never been a huge fan of bullet for my valenntine. They were always okay to listen to every now and again.
This album is amazing. Every song is so good i have the album on repeat. A big step up for this band !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best BFMV record, 29 April 2013
Well well well... This album is half and half for me, half bad and half good. The songs I would recommend are:
Breaking Point
Not Invincible
Truth Hurts
Livin' Life (on the edge of a knife)
Tears Don't Fall PT' 2
All of the other songs i did'nt enjoy and found incredbily boring and predicatbale, the worst part was I could guess what was going to happen next and all the slower ballad like songs sound the same.
Overall if you liked The Poison and Scream Aim Fire, I would listen to this first before buying, otherwise it's an ok effort from BFMV, just hope they come back with a bang on their next album.

3.0 out of 5 stars The riffs come through but the lyrics fall short, 11 April 2013
Bullet's fourth album is not up to their usual standard by a long way. While many songs on the album still have the awesome riffs and brutal guitar solos, the lyrics sound like something a moody teenager would write over a weekend. Fans of Bullet will be very disappointed however it's not a bad album by any means, it's just not what we expect from Bullet for my Valentine. If you don't care about lyrics and only care if it's sounds good than give it a try, anyone else should go for Bullet's other albums as they are much better than this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Booo!, 16 April 2013
Worst album by BFMV to date!!, I have been a fan since the begining and this is a fail, gone too commercialised and the lyrics are just repeated in every song....the riffs are amazing so only that is tolerable, gone from my favorite band to not so much; Tears Don't Fall Pt2 is terrible and in no relation to the 1st, why bother....I sound like i'm slating the band but maybe I am just too old school and want to have back the old riffs and heavier sound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Temper Temper more like a bit of a Tantrum, 13 Feb. 2013
Got this today, was waiting in my post box when i got back from work, firstly i dont think this album is as bad as some other reviews on here are saying, but neither do i think this is Bullets best work, I would say Scream,Aim,Fire is their best and as for fever well thats been banished to the depths of my CD collection, for me this album is average its not an album thats going to break them as an headlining Arena act, i much prefer when they play a bit more uptempo and do think the this album could have been much stronger if worked on longer and harder, i personally feel the band are trying to find their own identity and at the same time mature but it would seem they are finding it hard to do this and get the overall balace right so that that they can please fans old and new, my opinion of course, im sure many will disagree, so overall an improvement over Fever, but not the energy and songs of Scream, an Average album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed :(, 12 Jun. 2014
I love bullet for my valentine!!!!! I think they're awesome, with the 1st album being my favourite. However i didn't even get half way through temper temper before I turned it off! Will try again in the near future because I love the band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 April 2014
I chose the rating because it was good quality music and there was nothing wrong with CD. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Emo music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different sounding....but still s great listen from the Welsh metallers., 1 April 2014
This has a different sound to previous albums, but cant put my finger on it. Dont let this put you off though. Its still a damn good listen and wont disappoint fans one bit. Keep it up boys,

Temper Temper (Deluxe Version)
Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) by Bullet For My Valentine