‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Hatshepsut's Hideaway - Book 3 of Meredith Pink's Adventures in Egypt (Kindle Edition)
I adore this series of books. I'm going really slowly with this book as I don't want it to end. Love the history and the setting.
Can we have more please?

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant series!, 1 Feb 2013
Essem (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd book in a series that follows the adventures of Meredith (Merry to her friends!) whilst visiting present day Egypt. I was hooked from the first pages of book 1 and have been avidly following her adventures ever since. The story unfolds at a rate of knots with many twists along the way as we follow Merry around Egypt new and Egypt old. And nowhere is a lot older as we visit many of the world famous sites picking up a great deal of knowledge along the way. The author, Fiona Deal, has a real passion for her subject and expresses this passion with honesty, verve and a great deal of humour. I can't think of another series that I found as gripping! My fear is that Ms Deal has tied up the loose ends so well that Merry may not be seen again. I hope I'm wrong - I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms. The revelation towards the end is original and entirely plausible. Has Ms Deal solved a mystery that has puzzled archaeologists for decades?

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read bit predictable, 16 Oct 2014
Did enjoy this book as I did all the previous ones very interesting information regarding the Egyptians as the story goes along perhaps the only criticism I have is that all the books tend to follow the same pattern, Meredith always seems to be in the right place at the right time and to just be able to find the lost treasures remarkably well

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for those who love Egyptology & mysteries!, 2 Mar 2014
Thank you Fiona Deal for filling the void in my life left after the Amelia Peabody series. Could you publish another 10 or so quickly??

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Oct 2013
I love these Pinkie stories. They keep me coming back for more. I feel that I know her now too. I enjoy the clues and the history behind the story. There is never a dull moment. Great stuff - more please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 3 Sep 2013
Loved this book and am looking forward to the series being extended to Book 4. What will Meredith get up to next?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 11 Aug 2013
I really enjoyed this series based in Egypt, am hoping that there will be more to follow, great read.
Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars hot chicken soup, 10 Aug 2013
another enjoyable part of the story of the most famous of the ancient egyptian rulers. this woman had some real backbone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great holiday read, 3 Jun 2013
Even if you're not travelling down the Nile this summer, packing/downloading this book will deliver a holiday within a holiday. Full of romance and adventure, this is an easy and enchanting read.

These books do need to be read in order so make sure you make room for Books One and Two in the trilogy.

Great characters and a fascinating tour of some ancient Egyptian mysteries make this an absorbing book.

I'm looking forward to Ms Deal's fourth book later in the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Merry Adventures., 16 May 2013
M. J. Miles Lea (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the third book in the series and continues the story from the end of Tutankhamun's Triumph. But this time we get new locations (still beautifully evoked) and new characters, including the hilarious Eleanor. Don't we all know someone like her?

It's an excellent mix of explanation of ancient Egyptian power struggles, coupled with a good old fashioned mystery / adventure story. Yet it's still easy to read, and all rolls on at a fast pace.

I've now read all three of Merry's adventures, and hope there will be more. Perfect escapism. Enjoy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›