5.0 out of 5 stars Scarily accurate personalitys!!
I am currently serving with the Army and have deployed on operations along with many friends and family.

Published 16 months ago by Andy28

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but I just didn't find this funny
For a British comedy it left me cold. Acting also I found pretty poor. This is the first DVD that I've had where the rating just doesn't make sense. I didn't laugh once whereas David Walliams in "Big School" had me rolling - that's what I call British humour.
Published 1 month ago by Shirley Bruce

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarily accurate personalitys!!, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)

I have been watching this weekly on the tv and find it hilarious as it captures a lot of the humor and banter that goes on. Much of the service way of life is a sense of humor that many would consider to be in bad taste however this is the way in which we cope with the extraordinary situations that we have to face on a daily basis.

In response to "Ultimate reviewer" i would suggest his problem is with the legitimacy of the wars that my generation has fought and not the program itself. They clearly do not understand the mentality of our wounded (i have friends who have come back with the odd part missing)they would and do find this series amusing. The military way is not to sit and complain but to pick yourself up and make the best of the situation. They also seem to have a problem with the story being based in Afghan, where else would you set a series about an Army EOD team than the country with the most IED's and mines in the world!! Do tv and film companies have to make up countries just to prevent the risk of offending anyone?

The show rotates around the banter, which many would consider border line abuse, amongst the unit. However this is true amongst the real military but it is actually just the way we are and to be considered affectionate. Unfortunately female squaddies do fart burp and swear like the rest of us and we love them all the more for it because many of them when away from ops and on a regimental function night scrub up brilliantly and shine!

i must quote the aforementioned reviewer "Bluestone is silly, puerile, politically incorrect, sexist and offensive" my response welcome to the military my friend!! If you dont like it dont watch it!

I hope the BBC makes a second series as i think it is brilliant the characters remind me of many people i have served with the banter is amusing and the situations although funny kinda realistic at times. I will continue to watch the series on tv and will buy it when it is released as it will make me laugh again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant......, 21 July 2013
E. Murrell (Baton Rouge LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
How pleasant to find a clever, well-written, and flawlessly acted program in today's field of offerings. Admittedly the language may be somewhat "salty", but anyone who has the least bit of an association with the military will find that it rings true ; it is refreshing to hear people who know how to use vituperations properly. So if you like witty, perfectly timed comedy delivered by a cast of likeable and charismatic actors, this is for you. Bring on season II...!!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Please!, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
Had to write to praise Bluestone 42 as I am completely hooked. Initially my husband refused to watch citing the fact that he couldn't see anything funny in our troops being in Afghanistan, but having persuaded him to watch one episode he is now as keen to watch as the rest of the family (even gets my sons off the Xbox!). If you like comedy, give it a go, it is a unique setting providing a refreshingly new arena for a new type of comedy. Would like to give 10 stars but.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since Mash, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
Great humour but also serious aspects to this great comedy. The characters are really endearing and make you care about them as well as laugh with them

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly hilarious, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
On the face of it, the 'situation' seems about as far from funny as you could get - but I've now watched most of the episodes in this brilliant series at least 3 times and every time, it just gets better. Irreverent, rude yet at times, poignant. Glad to hear it has been recomissioned by the BBC. Off we ****...

5.0 out of 5 stars Humour with seriousness, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know much about army life but I'm sure the humour and "carrying-ons" of this series are pretty accurate and make for good entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this over and over again and it still makes me laugh. Great British comedy. I like it very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Mar 2013
Suzannah Adams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
I have to disagree with the last review.
I thought this was hilarious, so much so that I've watched episode one on BBC iplayer 4 times already, and episode two twice last night.
I've also already pre-ordered the DVD from Amazon.
I hadn't seen any of the trailers on BBC - I found out about this because my brother (who presumably has seen a trailer) knows I'm a huge Oliver Chris fan. I wasn't disappointed.
I have loads of military connections and my father (who spent 35 years in the British Army) liked it almost as much as I did and we've been quoting it all week.
They have the banter pretty much spot on.
I'm not going to bother describing the show, you can read the synopsis for that; I just wanted to provide a balance for the last review, because I really like Bluestone 42 and all the characters and think the actors do a great job.

"Not now Corporal, grown-ups talking"

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest series on TV for years, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
This was a good buy for a whole series of really quality well made programmes. Tonnes of top actors. I challenge you not to laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars good light comedy, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bluestone 42 [DVD] (DVD)
this is a good light entertainment show with not to much drama or over the top comedy
I enjoyed it and recommend it and will get the 2nd season when it arrives

Bluestone 42 [DVD]
Bluestone 42 [DVD] by Iain B MacDonald (DVD - 2013)
7.25