on 18 January 2014
I am totally happy with this desk. It allows me to do my studies on it, both with and without a laptop, in a reasonable amount of comfort. I borrow a chair off the dining table, so no additional chair is required. After I finish doing my studies, I fold it and tuck it away in a narrow slot between a wardrobe and the wall, hence allowing to reclaim the room space where the studies took place.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 January 2015
As I'm sure will be the case with many people who come across this product when searching the Amazon website, I was looking for an occasional desk that was large enough to accommodate my laptop (17") and assorted paperwork but at the same time was not too large and obtrusive when folded away: with a worktop surface of 4 square feet, this folding exam/school desk perfectly fits the bill.

It feels solid when opened (it doesn't rock or creak - well, not very much!); and in terms of comfort, it stands at an ideal height - enabling me to sit and work at the desk for hours on end...without the backache!

Any downsides...?

The metal clamps on the underside of the desk (designed to accept and hold the folding tubular support section) were slightly misaligned on my example - meaning that the legs have to be given an extra 'nudge' before they will slot home. Also - this is quite a big and heavy piece of furniture to be couriered to its destination; and although the vendors did the best they could to protect it on its journey (using copious amounts of industrial bubble wrap and foam edge protectors), my desk did arrive with a few minor chips and scratches along the painted (plastic?) edging strip: it's cosmetic (and for me, not a sufficient reason for returning the desk), but I suppose this is always likely to be a plausible risk when transporting such an awkward and bulky item from A to B and therefore should be anticipated.

In conclusion: this is an ideal and reassuringly substantial desk for work or study that is constructed to a more than acceptable standard and therefore should be capable of delivering many years of reliable service. Recommended!
on 29 April 2013
Bought this desk to be able to work in different parts of the house as there are three of us studying for different things at present. Desk does the buisiness and can be stored away when not in use.
on 3 May 2014
Bought this due to lack of space for a desk. It is very sturdy and easy to fold away (sits behind door in cupboard).
The fact that it is high enough to comfortably sit with legs under and wide enough to spread paper work out on is the reason I purchased this. Handy pen and pencil groove....no more wandering where the pen rolled off too!
Totally recommend this item
Fast and courteous delivery.
Great Price for the quality.
on 2 March 2014
This desk is perfect, as I can now study in different parts of the house when other areas are occupied.
on 30 May 2014
The table/desk arrived very promptly. It is sturdy and folds easily and flat. It has accepted a hot mug without marking and is a good height for use from an armchair
on 23 January 2016
This is an excellent folding desk! It is adequately-sized, sturdy, good looking and takes up very little space when folded.

The item arrived packed well. Unlike some of the other reviewers the desk delivered to me did not have any damage to it at all. The table weighs around 7 kg so easy to lift and move around. I have uploaded some photos.

The groove is great to hold pens and pencils so they do not roll off.

All in all a great purchase!
review image review image
on 26 April 2014
Bought for my son to do his homework in this room. Great desk, as it folds easily for storage. My son loves it. Great buy - Thank you.
on 2 January 2015
Got this for my daughter to use in her room at Uni. Great because she can fold it out of the way when she's getting ready to go out. Arrived promptly and is sturdy enough to work on.
on 23 September 2015
When it arrived, there was a big chip on the underside of the table, so I don't think this is amazingly durable, but for what I use it for, it does the job.

It's a great size, I actually use it as a computer desk, with my monitors on arms around me, great stuff. It's not adjustable or anything, but it is the prefect height for me, a 5"5 dude man.