5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value for money!
Just as i expected and more. This game is very very good value for money since there is so much to do! It is quite reasonable to expect hundreds of hours of fun from this game.
There are hundreds of Pokémon to capture and gym leaders to beat... But, don't stop there! The endgame is raising your team of champs and battling people online! So many people leave...
Published 16 months ago by mYolnir

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost brilliant.
As much as I enjoyed the new game play updates - full 3D Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum-esque battle scenes and a beautiful overworld to explore - it didn't quite do it for me. There were a few things that just left me feeling a bit disappointed.

The first I should mention is the storyline. It follows the blueprint of every Pokemon game that came before it if you...
Published 16 months ago by Angus Parks

‹ Previous | 116 17 1831 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it., 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I bought this for my son, and he loves the game. Pokemon X in now on his Christmas list! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
It's a massively changed Pokemon game compared to the previous and I would recommend it to anyone since it fits everyone's standard for a game.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Next Evolution, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Having playing the very first games and every one in between, i absolutely love this game for its transition into 3D, changes that had been called for like trainer customization, and the balancing act of adding a new type. and creating new favorites that be used for generations to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Thoroughly enjoying this game, as a Pokémon fan since Yellow I'm especially happy with the mega evolutions. Recommended to anyone who likes or loves the franchise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Nov. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I played this game almost non-stop for days after its arrival, the only downside was that amazon didn't deliver it on the Saturday that it was released and I had to wait until Monday while my friends just went out on the Saturday and bought it without preordering it! I don't think the game deserves to lose any stars for that though. Also, if I were you, if you're a university student, like me, I would recommend waiting until Christmas before getting it, you will fall behind on your work... My roommates think I never put my DS down...

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome game!, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Bought both of the games thinking the price was a bit much, after not buying the last 3, but it was all I hoped for... and more!
Brilliant game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge step in terms of advancing technology., 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I played the red/blue version when i was 5. Seeing this makes me wonder how technology has come so far.
This is such a great game. The online mode is very unique too. For the first time they've introduced a "wanted" and "up for trade" system and neither plays have to be online together to make the trade complete!
overall, it is such a good game. no regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game and a clear system seller!, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
The best part of this review is that I don't even have to make it long. The game is amazing and deserves a clear 5 stars with the only bad thing I could point a finger at was the absence of online multibattles, meaning 2/3 players each play on the same team with 3/2 pokémon each vs 2/3 other players under the same conditions. This can be done only vs npcs while you are PHYSICALLY within a few centimetres of each other.

Now, for the game.

The graphics are amazing in this new Pokémon game from Game Freak. Essentially, Pokémon X and Y takes pretty much everything from the previous generations and enhance it as close to perfection as it gets. The story is, as is the custom in these games, a story that lets you experience everything from starting out as a rookie, filling your pokédex, making friends and going on a journey, to becoming the pokémon champion, both offline, and online in rated battles. With a wide roster of obtainable pokémon from generations 1 through 6, and countless ways to spend time on the game after beating it, this game is one of the big guys: A system seller. If you play through it as it is meant to be, you might be slightly overleveled with the new EXP Share, but don't worry, you can turn it on and off at will.

Personally I have played through Pokémon Y twice and Pokémon X once now, and on my current Pokémon Y playthrough I sit on 304 hours. And believe me, I am far from done even making a competitive team, getting all TMs and different pieces of clothing, and I still miss a few mega stones for the all-new mega evolution introduced in gen 6. The game is huge, and while the story can be finished within a few days if you play a lot (My first Hall of Fame registered at 29 hours played, though as a seasoned Pokémon player that ran through the story instead of exploring too much), it'll keep you hooked for days, weeks and months.

All I can say is: Buy it. You'll miss out on a lot otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly great game, 3 Nov. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Pokemon x and y felt like pokemon getting back to what it does best while still taking it to the next level. The game was so much fun, the designs are amazing, the graphics are such a huge step forward and it mixed just the right level of excitement and nostalgia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
It's fun and enjoyable, and I'm giving it 5 stars even though I felt there were some fairly major flaws:
1) I felt the pacing of the game was bad, the gap between gyms differed immensely, and almost half the game (in playtime) is probably up until gym 2.
2) The postgame is fairly small, although I have a suspicion this will be rectified in future dlc/patches/events
3) I personally thought the story was a bit weak, although this might just be because of the standards set in Black/White
3) not actually very major, but the rollerskates take a while to get used to

‹ Previous | 116 17 1831 | Next ›

Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
Ł29.97