5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning headphones, but check the compatibility!
Published 23 months ago by Miss

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice style, but gets dirty quickly
Looks great, but the wires and leather get mucky really quickly. The case is also quite flimsy for the price of the product I would have hoped for more.
Published 16 months ago by Ross24

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning headphones, but check the compatibility!, 16 May 2013
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I received these headphones I was blown away. They come in a gorgeous presentation box covered in mock-croc material and with a magnetic opening side (and an enticing 'Open Me' ribbon). As soon as you open the box there is the smell of high quality leather, and the headphones are nicely positioned inside. The headphones themselves are gorgeous: white leather with shiny gold fixings in a super-stylish and unusual art-deco style design. They are supposed to be 'jewellery inspired' and this is clearly true. They are probably best suited to the female gender and if you happen to have a young lady in your life who loves music and pretty things then they would be over the moon with these headphones as a gift.

I found the headphones really comfortable to wear. Normally I prefer the in-ear buds and I've previously found over-ear headphones to be irritating, but these are small enough and soft enough to ensure I don't find them annoying. The memory foam helps them to feel great too. The headband is also adjustable, so you can make them fit just how you like. I also found that they stayed on my head firmly even though they didn't feel too tight, and I could dance around in them without them slipping at all, which I was really impressed with! (Of course you wouldn't wear them jogging though!) The cord is made of soft fabric which makes them look more expensive than standard headphones and means that tangling is a non-issue, which is also a big plus.

The sound is very good, clear, with decent bass, and markedly more impressive than my usual thirty-quid Philips earbuds. If you want really thumping bass and perfect sound then you may need to pay a bit more or go for headphones that prize the functionality above fashion, but these have more than good enough sound for me.

One thing that is important to note is that there is a remote control and a mic on the headphones, but they are only compatible with certain Apple products. These products are: iPod nano 4th generation and later, iPod classic ONLY 120GB and 160GB, iPod touch 2nd generation and later, iPhone 3GS and later, and the iPad. I can confirm that the remote and mic did NOT work with my laptop, Android phone or iPod classic 80GB and therefore I'm unable to review that aspect (hopefully the Amazon page will soon list these compatibility issues), however the audio worked fine on all of these devices. So the headphones can be used with non-Apple devices, but the remote/mic cannot. If you did have a compatible device, I imagine it would be a great benefit to have the remote and mic on the headphones as it would allow you to control the volume of your phone and music very easily, and the remote is very small and unobtrusive.

In conclusion, I love these headphones. They look gorgeous and sound great. To get the full functionality though, you need one of the devices above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, great sound, but mind the jack, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Layla Rose Gold (Electronics)
I love these headphones. I've avoided the rose gold trend that's gripped the fashion world in the past couple of years because I didn't want items that looked dated. But these were too cute to pass up. Besides, they're not as rosy as most rose gold items, because they have a very nice bronze undertone.

So, to be frank, I was going to get these based solely on the way they look. And I love that I still get compliments on them. But, even I realised this was a lot of money to drop purely on aesthetics. So while in an Apple store in the US, I tried them out and was pleasantly surprised by how awesome the sound quality is. I've previously owned Beats. Sennheiser, Bose and B&O headphones. The Bose would be the only ones with noticeably better quality. But they were chunky and masculine looking. Related to the sound quality these are demi-noise-cancelling. When I'm listening to music at work (so not loud as I don't want sound to leak and disturb y colleagues) people have to yell or physically shake me to get my attention because it's hard for sound to get through. To that end, they are a godsend on flights.

The only downside, and the reason that this is my second pair, is that if you're like me and you shove your phone/player in your pocket while it's playing, or when you're not using your headphones you just shove them in your bag willy nilly to get caught on other items so you have to tug to release them, then the wire by the jack will inevitably get bent in a way where it stops functioning properly. After a year of this treatment, my first pair stopped playing music in one ear and then the remote stopped working. I suppose I should give it less than 5 stars for this, but to be honest I've yet to find a pair of headphones that last more than a year with me because I'm too impatient to take care of/store them properly. So it seems silly for me to knock off a star to put off people who are probably more careful with how they treat their headphones than I am. Especially since these are all around the best pair I've ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Layla Rose Gold (Electronics)
I love them! They have a great sound and look great too! Always getting complements from people. I definitely recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice style, but gets dirty quickly, 28 Nov. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but it is not a good quality, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Layla Rose Gold (Electronics)
I have purchased it in December 2013 and the cable has already split. Maybe mine was faulty for some reason. I have always kept it in its bag but it did not change the fact that it has merely last 6 months!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for style, 5 Nov. 2014
Ben Weltman "Peace" (UK) - See all my reviews
Great headphones for style, not that great for sound quality, but depends who you're buying for! My girlfriend loved them but preferred the bigger ones - the Taylors - as these ones only cover the ear and don't look quite as good!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Rose Gold and they are so comfortable for girly ..., 15 April 2015
This review is from: Layla Rose Gold (Electronics)
These are fab and arrived next day after I ordered them. I love Rose Gold and they are so comfortable for girly sized ears! The sound is great too - a good base.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter fell in love with a picture she saw of these headphones months ..., 1 Jan. 2015
My daughter fell in love with a picture she saw of these headphones months ago, you can imagine her face on xmas day. They are beautiful and did not disappoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Layla Rose Gold (Electronics)
One ear stopped working after a month. Returning for refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars love the headphones, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Layla Rose Gold (Electronics)
Fast shipping, love the headphones! Thank you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›