Colour Name: Rose Gold|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 May 2013
Colour Name: Gold|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I received these headphones I was blown away. They come in a gorgeous presentation box covered in mock-croc material and with a magnetic opening side (and an enticing 'Open Me' ribbon). As soon as you open the box there is the smell of high quality leather, and the headphones are nicely positioned inside. The headphones themselves are gorgeous: white leather with shiny gold fixings in a super-stylish and unusual art-deco style design. They are supposed to be 'jewellery inspired' and this is clearly true. They are probably best suited to the female gender and if you happen to have a young lady in your life who loves music and pretty things then they would be over the moon with these headphones as a gift.

I found the headphones really comfortable to wear. Normally I prefer the in-ear buds and I've previously found over-ear headphones to be irritating, but these are small enough and soft enough to ensure I don't find them annoying. The memory foam helps them to feel great too. The headband is also adjustable, so you can make them fit just how you like. I also found that they stayed on my head firmly even though they didn't feel too tight, and I could dance around in them without them slipping at all, which I was really impressed with! (Of course you wouldn't wear them jogging though!) The cord is made of soft fabric which makes them look more expensive than standard headphones and means that tangling is a non-issue, which is also a big plus.

The sound is very good, clear, with decent bass, and markedly more impressive than my usual thirty-quid Philips earbuds. If you want really thumping bass and perfect sound then you may need to pay a bit more or go for headphones that prize the functionality above fashion, but these have more than good enough sound for me.

One thing that is important to note is that there is a remote control and a mic on the headphones, but they are only compatible with certain Apple products. These products are: iPod nano 4th generation and later, iPod classic ONLY 120GB and 160GB, iPod touch 2nd generation and later, iPhone 3GS and later, and the iPad. I can confirm that the remote and mic did NOT work with my laptop, Android phone or iPod classic 80GB and therefore I'm unable to review that aspect (hopefully the Amazon page will soon list these compatibility issues), however the audio worked fine on all of these devices. So the headphones can be used with non-Apple devices, but the remote/mic cannot. If you did have a compatible device, I imagine it would be a great benefit to have the remote and mic on the headphones as it would allow you to control the volume of your phone and music very easily, and the remote is very small and unobtrusive.

In conclusion, I love these headphones. They look gorgeous and sound great. To get the full functionality though, you need one of the devices above.
on 31 January 2014
I love them! They have a great sound and look great too! Always getting complements from people. I definitely recommend them.
on 12 July 2014
I love these headphones. I've avoided the rose gold trend that's gripped the fashion world in the past couple of years because I didn't want items that looked dated. But these were too cute to pass up. Besides, they're not as rosy as most rose gold items, because they have a very nice bronze undertone.

So, to be frank, I was going to get these based solely on the way they look. And I love that I still get compliments on them. But, even I realised this was a lot of money to drop purely on aesthetics. So while in an Apple store in the US, I tried them out and was pleasantly surprised by how awesome the sound quality is. I've previously owned Beats. Sennheiser, Bose and B&O headphones. The Bose would be the only ones with noticeably better quality. But they were chunky and masculine looking. Related to the sound quality these are demi-noise-cancelling. When I'm listening to music at work (so not loud as I don't want sound to leak and disturb y colleagues) people have to yell or physically shake me to get my attention because it's hard for sound to get through. To that end, they are a godsend on flights.

The only downside, and the reason that this is my second pair, is that if you're like me and you shove your phone/player in your pocket while it's playing, or when you're not using your headphones you just shove them in your bag willy nilly to get caught on other items so you have to tug to release them, then the wire by the jack will inevitably get bent in a way where it stops functioning properly. After a year of this treatment, my first pair stopped playing music in one ear and then the remote stopped working. I suppose I should give it less than 5 stars for this, but to be honest I've yet to find a pair of headphones that last more than a year with me because I'm too impatient to take care of/store them properly. So it seems silly for me to knock off a star to put off people who are probably more careful with how they treat their headphones than I am. Especially since these are all around the best pair I've ever owned.
on 15 April 2015
These are fab and arrived next day after I ordered them. I love Rose Gold and they are so comfortable for girly sized ears! The sound is great too - a good base.
on 25 September 2015
They're a showstopper BUT they're not really comfortable. I wish I had gone for the Taylor model.
Also, their Left/Right and speaker are the opposite of Apple's earphones, which doesn't make much sense to me.
on 18 July 2015
These are so comfy! Been looking at these online for a while, and I usually do not like over the ear headphones as I find them very uncomfortable but these are a dream and they are beautiful!!
on 3 December 2015
Delivered quickly and carefully. Nice presentation and great quality. Girlfriend loved them -- she bloody better have too, given the price...
on 19 January 2016
Love these! Good sound quality although can't have music playing too loudly as the sound does leak. The cable gets very twisted so you need to take care of these and also the white ear pads do pick up the colour from my make up. Otherwise I love them, they are very comfortable, look great and the case is very convenient
Was a huge hit with my 14 year-old daughter. High price, but very comfy to wear, excellent sound reproduction, and above all, stylish & unique. You won't see many of these around.
on 1 January 2015
My daughter fell in love with a picture she saw of these headphones months ago, you can imagine her face on xmas day. They are beautiful and did not disappoint.