5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect
Item arrived promptly, allows me to store pictures taken on my digital slr camera (which has a CF slot). I can then pop the micro SD card into an SD adapter and save them on my tablet pc for further manipulation or emailing. Handy when out and about and solves the issue of different devices taking different cards. Removes the need for my desktop pc to transfer images from...
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Andy Macaulay

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with Eye-Fi cards
I bought 2 of these so I could use my 3 Eyefi Pro cards in My Canon 7D. The adaptors work well but the ones I recieved (from KOMPBAY) were not as pictured. (See my uploaded pics) I wanted the 'Extreme' ones as they have been reported by others as working best for the Eyefi cards. I was a bit annoyed but in fairness the adaptors I recieved work with the Eyefi cards and...
Published on 16 April 2011 by Mr. P. Simon

‹ Previous | 113 14 1521 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent works with Canon 5D, 28 Feb 2013
Nick Beadle (Caterham, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Perfect for using SD cards in my Canon 5D. Works well with all the cards I have tried up to 32Gb. More convenient for me than using Compact Flash cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Took something of a punt with purchasing this card and purchasing from an unknown (to me) supplier. I was after a cheap CF adapter to see if an eye-fi card would work in my old Canon 400d camera. I couldn't much happier, well I could but that's a different story, the adapter arrived promptly, was exactly as pictured (which so often isn't the case), worked in my camera and worked with eye-fi.

Sure the working wireless range could be better but that's a result of many factors, not this adapter specifically. Saying that I have modified the adapter slightly by removing one side of the metal enclosure which has helped improve the wireless range. Of course it's still and SD card wrapped in an metal adapter, wrapped in a metal camera body so it was never going to be earth shattering.

I can now take photos in the house and even just outside and have the photos automatically upload to my computer for instant review. Exactly what I was hoping to achieve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 27 Feb 2013
I bought this item because I had a number of SD cards(SanDisk Extreme) from my previous Canon. I was willing to take the loss on write speed suggested for such devices, although I hoped the "high speed" description was more than just hype.

Therefore, it was a pleasant surprise when it had no problem keeping up with my 7D shooting at its full 8fps in RAW. Admittedly I was using repeated burst sequences of 3 or 4 frames rather than a full 27 frame burst. An amazing performance when it is being compared to a SanDisk Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA Compact Flash card.

As a result I am quite happy to take this on wildlife holidays, confident that it can take anything the camera can throw at it. It has been promoted from simply emergency backup to normal use.

The delivery was also prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 25 Feb 2013
I bought this CF/SD card adapter to use in an old Canon D30 DSLR. Although I thought it might not work, it did and without a hitch.

Delivered promplty, well packed.

Not a lot more to say, really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 23 Feb 2013
I bought this for use with a couple of cameras in mind, the EOS 300D and an 5D mk II (mostly for use with an eyeFi card). Since then I have also used it with various other SD / SDHC memory cards.

Adapter works well with any type of SD / SDHC card that I have tried so far. From cheapo SD cards to the more expensive SDHC. Using cameras like the 5D mk II requires high speed data transfer, especially if you are shooting JPEG + RAW. So far everything that I have used it with works as expected. Data transfer between the camera and the memory card works flawlessly and does not appear to affect transfer speed.

The advantage of having an adapter like this is that I am not limited to just using CF cards in the camera. good quality high speed CF cards are more expensive than the SDHC cards that are available today. With this adapter it gives you that little bit extra flexibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars komputerbay 16GB CF card, 22 Feb 2013
use a fast camera (Nikon D3S) and wanted appropriate fast speed CF card. have other komputerbay cards, havent had any problems, good value for money. have used SD cards with CF adapter and its too slow. hence use and store CF cards and komputerbay doesnt break the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars card solution, 20 Feb 2013
Perfect for me with older canon which uses CF card storage
Adapter allows me to put sd card into small adapter and show client photos the images on my gal tablet or even my gs3 phone
Both are far better than the tiny view screen on the back of the camera
Perfect product(can even put micro sd into sd adapter into CF and then take images direct from CF camera
to micro sd slot on gal tab or gs3 and read without adapter)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 12 Feb 2013
this seemed a good idea and was quite cheap, so expecting to be throwing money away, I ordered one. It arrived quickly and works very well. Not as fast as a true CF card, but that's to be expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flash card adapter, 6 Feb 2013
Mr. J. Strachan (west midlands) - See all my reviews
Well worth the money makes better economy and takes bigger gig cards love it used on my canon eos 10 camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Feb 2013
Roger Alden (Yeovil, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Arrived well packed and secure.
Works fine. Construction is a little bit flimsy because it has to be hollow in order to fit the SD card into it.
It would have been better if it had been possible to insert and remove the SD card without having to remove the adapter from the Canon 7D.
My main reason for purchasing this is to be able to transfer images to an iPad. Compact flash card readers do not seem to be useable with the iPad via the USB adapter. Also SD cards tend to be cheaper.

‹ Previous | 113 14 1521 | Next ›