5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget
One of the few downsides of my Canon 7D is that it needs expensive CF memory cards. With ever increasing file sizes and the number of pics and video taken, purchasing high-capacity CF cards was becoming very expensive.
This little gadget allows you to pop an SD card into an adapter that then fits in a regular CF card slot.
It's simple to use, it works and it's...
Published on 16 May 2013 by A. Harcombe

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with Eye-Fi cards
Published on 16 April 2011 by Mr. P. Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 16 May 2013
A. Harcombe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
It's simple to use, it works and it's more than halved my expense on CF cards.
I had read that these adaptors don't work at very high data transfer speeds but I have not had an issue with shooting pics or video with Sandisk Ultra SD cards. Admitedly, I've not shot continuous, HD video for an hour nor high-speed stills on RAW at 9fps for extended periods. However, for your everyday photography and video shooting, this little gadget works a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect, 7 Jan. 2012
Item arrived promptly, allows me to store pictures taken on my digital slr camera (which has a CF slot). I can then pop the micro SD card into an SD adapter and save them on my tablet pc for further manipulation or emailing. Handy when out and about and solves the issue of different devices taking different cards. Removes the need for my desktop pc to transfer images from one device to the other.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with Eye-Fi cards, 16 April 2011
Mr. P. Simon (Jersey) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these so I could use my 3 Eyefi Pro cards in My Canon 7D. The adaptors work well but the ones I recieved (from KOMPBAY) were not as pictured. (See my uploaded pics) I wanted the 'Extreme' ones as they have been reported by others as working best for the Eyefi cards. I was a bit annoyed but in fairness the adaptors I recieved work with the Eyefi cards and although I have only done a quick test they seem to be fine. A little off topic but if you want to use the Eyefi cards in any CF adaptor you need the older 'Pro' version not the 'Pro X2' as the newer cards dont work with adaptors. I think the other older non 'pro' versions work too but you cant use ad-hoc connections. (eg direct from camera to laptop/ipad rather than via a network router) It might be that the packaging has just changed but the ones I got did not report to be 'extreme' although they work fine. My only issue is I could have saved money by buying another generic adaptor but I paid more because I wanted this specific type that came well recommended. But I didnt get what I ordered :-( The versions I did get however also work with my Eyefi cards so I suppose its not too much of a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful if you want to add storage cheaply to your ..., 14 Feb. 2015
very useful if you want to add storage cheaply to your compactflash II enabled device as sd cards are cheaper than compactflash or you're like me and already have loads of sd cards . there are however some drawbacks -

a : it is COMPACTFLASH II which is thicker than compactflash I so check your device is compatible
b : this adapter is not particularly fast (so in my canon 7d (mark I) a sandisk extreme pro sd clears the buffer relatively slowly)
c : this adapter ignores the write protection on my sd cards

i'm using mine on a canon 7d mark I and it fits and works ok . i'll use it as an emergency backup if i run out of capacity - if i was away from home for instance i could find a store with sd cards at an ok price but probably not compactflash cards or i usually have with me other cameras/devices with cards i could "borrow" if i was in a fix . for me it also fixed another problem - i have an sd card on which the write protect tab is broken off so other cameras will not write to it -this adapter ignores this so at least this sd card can be used , but be warned if you use the write protect on your sd cards and inadvertently put it in this adapter it will overwrite your files !
so all sounds good , why only 4 stars ? well i've deducted one because it is quite slow , i'd hoped to be able to use this full time on the 7d utilising some fast sd cards i already own but no go, for raw burst mode shooting it clears the buffer pretty slowly . the 7d shoots very quickly and has a pretty big buffer so for your camera you may find it ok ,indeed i used it in my olympus E1 and it was fine and in the 7d for single shot or short bursts it is acceptable but shooting action or wildlife i want that buffer cleared faster

5.0 out of 5 stars What I wanted but didn't know it, 11 Dec. 2013
So you think, wouldn't it be nice to send your photos all over the place without wires but the shiny new cameras that do that you can't justify?
I have a relatively old Canon EOS350D. It takes CF cards. There are Eye-fi cards but they are SD and my Canon doesn't take SD cards.
This Komputerbay Adapter solves all those problems.It fits into my camera. It takes an Eye-fi SD card in its slot. My camera becomes Wifi enabled. It works well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 13 Aug. 2013
D. Lockwood (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Rather than buying a whole load of CF cards I can use this with my existing SD cards, I've not noticed any slowdown in speeds on the camera.

The only thing that stops the product getting 5 stars is that you have to remove the adaptor to remove the SD card, which is probably a minor niggle!

Product was delivered quickly too, pretty good service all round.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for D800e, 3 Mar. 2014
Doesn't fit! Worse than useless, and I would have given it ZERO stars if possible!

This item is a total waste of money………… :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for using SD as a backup, 14 Oct. 2012
Bought this to use in my Nikon D300 and it works a treat.

Used the adaptor with both micro SD (in a micro to full size adaptor) and full size cards, the write speeds aren't as quick as they are to proper CF. Any camera that takes CF is going to have a pretty big write buffer so the speed to the card isn't that important. My use for the adaptor was so that I could use a 32GB SD for a time lapse, so taking a shot every 1 minute wasn't going to cause any problems.

Recommended if you've got lots of SD memory and aren't too worried about write speeds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't work in my Canond 5DmkII, 23 July 2013
R. Florencio (Amsterdam) - See all my reviews
This product don't work in Canon 5DmkII (format problem). The product isn't the same of the photo. It isn't original.

[...]

Be careful!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good adapter, confusing options, 29 Jun. 2014
M. Roberts (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted to share my SD card between my old Canon EOS 350D, and my newer Canon compact camera. This seemed the ideal solution. The first one that came didn't work (ie was broken). The replacement worked a treat. It took a while to work out that it was broken. The descriptions and images seem to have improved on the website now, but there still seem to be two options available for purchase, differing by £1 in price - I've ordered both and received the same product both times. I can't see the difference between the two, and the reviews all seem to point to the same product. I think I've ordered one of each, although Amazon thinks I've ordered two the same! The message is - if it seems not to work, try ordering a replacement. I use it with the Toshiba flashair card, and I have no problems with it.