on 8 April 2013
The wrist band (holopax) doesn't open up (it wasn't clearly stated in the description and from the image it felt it will). The belt does what it says but is it really what you would expect to get for 15 quids? My son just used it 2-3 times and it is now dusting at the back of drawer.
on 13 May 2013
My 4yr old son loved this. It has the real wow factor. Other reviewers seem to have reported issues with the glowing belt, but here are my tips - 1st it only works one way up, the on/off button must be underneath. 2nd it has two stages of glowing. A little bit of shaking will produce a small glow (one LED), give up shaking at this stage and the light goes out straight away. However if you keep shaking the belt once it initially lights up the glow gets brighter as more LED's switch on. Once you have it at the full glowing stage it will stay on for a couple of minutes without any more movement needed. Just time to do a "big world magic move"!
on 2 March 2013
I agree with the other reviewers. The light only works with some vigorous shaking and then only for a few seconds. If it wasn't for the fact that my son loves this regardless it would be going back. If you take the light feature out of the equation I feel it is overpriced. It is also false advertising as to what is obviously a major design flaw.
on 27 February 2013
My son loves this Tree fu Tom belt. However it does say the belt should glow and stay on for 2 minutes. At first we thought it was broken but we did get it to eventually 'glow' after lots of shaking and it doesn't stay on for more than a few seconds.
on 24 February 2014
My 3 year old got this for his birthday, we nearly didn't put it on his list after reading the reviews but he's Tree Fu mad so we did. He's thrilled with it, we've had no problem getting the sap to glow, there's instructions in the box & as soon as he has it on & starts running about doing his big world moves it starts to glow & gets brighter the more he leaps about the place. It goes out when he's been still for a while but this just helps with the illusion of needing to do the magic moves to turn the magic on! The only reason I haven't given it 5*s is the fastening of the belt, it's a bit tricky, he cant do it himself
on 20 December 2013
I was worried about getting this for my son based on the reviews - i thought it would be rubbish and wouldn't light up. he is so in to tree fu tom that it would have been mean of me not to indulge him! and it was half price which made me feel better. it works surprisingly well without as much shaking and vigour as I was expecting, and he absolutely loves it. I must say, both parts are very bulky plastic and the holopax has a plastic spike on the top of it (not sure what for) which concerns me a little. but he wears it at every opportunity and says it is his best birthday present ever! early days but so far so good.
on 22 November 2013
Both our children are fans of Tree Fu Tom and so one was desperate for this as a birthday present.

Other reviews are correct, it takes quite a lot of effort to get the light on the sapstone glowing, but this for our child doesn't detract from the fun at all. More fun is had from actually wearing the belt and holopax and just playing along! The belt is easily adjusted for different waists and the holopax has a few notches too for adjustment.

I was pleased with the purchase and may well purchase another for the other fan of Tree Fu Tom in our family soon!
on 16 August 2013
At 1st we thought the belt was broken. (I should have read the instructions :-/) . However when we realised that lots of 'dancing' later the light would come on we thought great. Our 4 year old has tonnes of energy and loves anything that involves running , jumping and generally being active. The only reason he is disappointed is because he was under the illusion the belt created real magic and was devastated when nothing came out of his hands. The imagination of a 4 year old is magnificent :) . Top marks for getting kids off the sofa and active :)
on 1 July 2013
I bought this for my daughter's birthday. I had seen some bad reviews so was dubious. However one reviewer indicated that it could be the user at fault rather than the product.
ADVICE: Read instructions, wear belt correct way up, ensure switched on, don't expect the belt to light straight away. THE LIGHT IS TRIGGERED BY MOVEMENT. If the user is active (like Tree Fu Tom), the Magic Sapstone Belt will light up.
Love it. Encourages kids to exercise, tires them out = happy parents!!!
on 30 November 2015
My 4 year old was given this last Xmas. I checked the reviews, wasn't entirely sure but asked one of my family to give it as a present nevertheless. Well, it may be a bit placky but it lights up and does what it says it would do. And my little one (now nearly five) still digs it out to play with it frequently. Same batteries as at Christmas. So all I can say is that to any adult it may look a bit rubbish but it works and my son absolutely loves it and it has been a treasured present!