5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality anthology from Not Now Music...
With a collection covering the years 1954 to 1962 this 70 track 3 CD gatefold packaged set is surely going to please collectors and those who wish to hear many of Etta James' most successful performances. Includes:

Published 22 months ago by C. FULLER

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
the songs on the disc's did not match the songs on the box
Published 19 days ago by wiz3684

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality anthology from Not Now Music..., 7 Feb 2013
C. FULLER (Brixham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)

1955 "The Wallflower (Dance with Me, Henry)" US R&b No 1 and to be found on Miss Etta James: The Complete Modern And Kent Recordings. 1960 "All I Could Do Was Cry" US R&B No. 6 and can be found on the album At Last! 1961 "Don't Cry Baby" US R&B No 6 and from the album The Second Time Around.

Liner notes are by Not Now regular Michael Heatley and the packaging has a soft colouring in mauve with 4 colour images. The years of recording are quoted and this is a substantial take on the career of Etta James. The sound transfers are excellent and as always the price of the set competitive.

Whilst many will no doubt know Etta James for her rendition of "At Last" there are 69 other reasons for purchasing this album which is a wonderful look back to the music of the middle 1950s to early 1960s. My favourite is the Gershwin classic "Someone to Watch over Me" but I bet you will find plenty more to enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Etta James The Anthology, 20 Feb 2014
D. J. Wilden "denise7248" (Maidenhead, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
Absolutely brilliant, I have only recently "discovered" Etta James, what a voice, such power, such emotion, she really had everything a truly great singer needs, she felt the words, the emotion in every song and it shows, she wasn't just singing the words as a lot of singers do, she felt everything she was singing. I can't praise her highly enough. Her version of At Last will be on my music list at my funeral, its that awesome (her song, not my funeral). If you want to hear a truly wonderful singer then you can't go wrong with this album and my musical taste spreads from Classical through to Frank Sinatra, AC/DC, Rory Gallagher, Dean Martin, Muddy Waters, Adam and the Ants etc, etc. so I have a really broad taste in music, Etta James is just awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
Etta James has been for some time my favourite female blues singer. I can now listen to her whenever I like..

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Very good cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
These three CD's have become my favourites in the car. I never get tired of her fabulous voice. Thoroughly recommend this to anyone who likes Eta James.

5.0 out of 5 stars thanks HSBC, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant collection of music. It brings together the wide range of Etta Jame's musical talent. Not just the rock style of Good Rockin Daddy, but blues, soul etc, a very soulful collection.. thanks HSBC for drawing Etta James to my musical attention!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my grandparents as a present and have copied it to my PC for myself too.
Classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears, 23 Nov 2013
alisablade (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
My wife has always loved Etta James but for some reason never had any of her music. I bought this Anthology for her birthday and she's over the moon. The delivery was very quick, at a low cost and very few places you can actually purchase this from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Duper!, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
So many great great songs!
This album is packed with a variety of songs, that I enjoy listening to again and again!
Really worth the money :)

5.0 out of 5 stars a great cd, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Anthology (Audio CD)
what a great Anthology of Etta James this is,It will go with my collection of blues cds of dusty springfield,aretha franklin and timi yuro who is seldom heard these days but is still one of the greatest.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Anthology
The Anthology by Etta James (Audio CD - 2013)