5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value and WOW What A Result!
ok I'm the first to admit I don't know how to style my hair - at ALL. So when i had layers put in, my hairdresser told me that I should blow dry my hair to get volume and separate the layers. I've tried and failed in the past to do that as working a barrel brush and hairdryer at the same time is a NO for me.

With the volume and curl airstyler, I was surprised...
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected
Published 1 month ago by silverstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value and WOW What A Result!, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Remington AS7051 Volume and Curl Air Styler (Personal Care)

With the volume and curl airstyler, I was surprised that a total goof like me could actually blow dry my hair with excellent results!!! I have hair that comes to my mid back and it's medium - neither thick nor thin, but it is frizzy. I applied serum to wet hair to help with the frizzies and then used a blow-dry cream on my hair - tipped hair upside down and got it partially dry first before using the styler (my hairdresser told me this tip) - then I sectioned hair and was surprised at how easy and quickly the styler did it's job. No tangles, no hair pulling, a VERY powerful drying motion that dried wetter sections of hair in around a minute.

All in all, it took me 20 minutes to blow dry my own hair straight - impressive by my standards as I really am USELESS when it comes to doing things with my hair. The styler was light and easy to use - although the handle was quite thick to hold, it wasn't heavy and didn't catch in my hair like some stylers can. I finished the final style with hairspray and it lasted 2 days - so I am ecstatic and it's taken the fear factor out of blowdrying my hair myself :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, 15 Nov 2013
Ok first off I have pretty messy quite long frizzy curly hair which I struggle with mostly. I work in a dusty environment decorating, tiling, building stuff in my shed etc so I tended to wash it, air dry it, then top-of-head-bun-it out of the way. UNTIL...recently I made the grown up decision to improve my everyday presentation to the world with a 40th fast approaching. I ordered this after my hairdresser mentioned her friend had something similar. Well, its unbelievable what I can achieve in no joke 12 minutes, Sorts me out for 2 days then I look forward to doing it again as it looks like when I've been to the hairdressers....if not better. I think I was the ultimate test for this product being uniterested in spending any time on my hair as I could never get it right as whatever I did it always puffed up minutes later to a ball of frizz. If I can use it anyone can.

Don't delay, get it, its so so easy to use, the swivel cord is genius, the slowest setting is fine as your hair is still done quick as a flash. I could seriously be in an ad with what I've done with my hair using this and a bit of Daniel Galvin Berutti Oil on afterwards which smells divine. Thumbs up from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 6 July 2013
I have severe arthritis so drying my thick shoulder length hair is a looong and painful job. I bought the Remington hot air styler and it has transformed my hair routine. I wash my hair, leave it to almost dry and in 5 mins of using the styler it produces a look that is as good as my hairdresser without hassle and pain!!! The changeable heads mean I can change my look with ease, for anyone this is brilliant for anyone with pain or disability its perfect!!!
Thanks Remington

5.0 out of 5 stars ....really saying something!, 28 April 2014
I have had many a Remington air-styler - my favourite of these always being the Remington Big Shot, which was discontinued some years back, much to my consternation. This one looked as if it might be similar, so I ordered it and am so glad I did.

It has a large barrel and the bristles on it are a mixture of hairbrush and plastic bristles, making it strong enough to glide through even thick hair and without snagging - very important! I have medium textured, long hair and lots of it and it glided through it with no problems at all.

It has a nice long cord and two heat settings, plus a cool setting, and at 1000W is more than powerful enough to dry the hair in a matter of minutes, thus cutting down on the amount of time your hair is exposed to the heat. It doesn't overheat and doesn't make the hair smell 'hot' like some do - this might have something to do with the fact that the motor/filter is quite large and the space between the bristles are quite wide, thus allowing the air to circulate better. This is also great for creating that wonderful volume we all look for in an air-styler.

You can use it to blow dry your hair straight or create nice bouncy curls and because the barrel is quite big, it is able to take larger sections of hair; this means you can cut down on drying time when in a hurry or, if you don't have much time in the morning before heading off to work but still want to make sure your hair is styled.

It comes with several attachments - the large barrel and then two smaller ones - one with just plastic bristles and the other, a smaller version of the big barrel. It also has a blow dry attachment which allows you to get right to the roots of your hair and add a bit extra lift. All the attachments can be stored away in the nice, black cloth pouch included, which is great as, not only does it keep all the attachments together in one place, but it also protects the filter/motor from dust.

I am going to go as far as saying that this is the best hot air-styler I've ever bought and over the years, I've purchased several. I would even go as far as saying that it is better than the 'Big Shot' - and that's really saying something!

If there is one downside to it, I haven't found it yet!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile!, 5 Aug 2013
M. D. "Milena" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must say this air styler offers great versatility of uses compared to others of a similar kind. It comes with 3 sizes brushes, depending on what look you are going for and a concentration nozzle that leaves hair smooth and frizz free.

The air styler is light to hold and with long cable attached by a 360 degree swivel, which makes styling extra convenient. I have abundant thin hair below my shoulders, and find I get the best results if I blow dry my hair with a normal hair dryer until it's almost dry before styling it. I apply volumising spray to my roots to help build volume too (Tigi Your Highness is very good). I find if I concentrate on working my way around the crown with the biggest brush and smooth down the ends, the style done this way lasts me two days. The smaller brushes are good for curls and will work great on shorter hairs too. Often I will use the styler to refresh my hair on the second day after washing as it's naturally wavy and often loses a bit of shape overnight. I tend to spray a bit of heat protectant or a texturiser beforehand.

I thing Remington are giving a lot of value for money with this product, and people who are growing their hair will be especially pleased to have all 3 attachments which will mean they won't have to buy different stylers as their hair grows. I will not recommend this air styler for people with very long hair.
The added touch of having a pouch for all attachments is a bonus and makes storing and packing the styler very practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant piece of kit!, 9 May 2014
S. May (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This is a great bit of kit for styling and drying your hair. Giving a mixture of brush sizes and textures it really works for my hair which I've just had cut from long into a bob and gives a smooth styling finish. The 360 rotation of the flex is great, the bristles on the brushes soft yet gripping, and after a bit of practice am thrilled with the results. The light weight body makes it ideal to have a dryer and styler in one that will just pop in your bag when travelling and no need for straighteners any more!

Unlike many hair dryers where the lower levels are useless I found that the lower level works great for styling having dried my hair 80% with the higher speed. Granted like other reviews it can get quite hot so you need to work out how to use it without it getting too scorchio, and the attachments do get hot after use, but show me a hair styler/dryer that doesn't?

I am thrilled with this purchase and would highly recommend it and for the price I really don't think you can go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 21 Jan 2014
I have very long (hip length) thick and curly hair and I was pretty tired of straightening my hair because a. its damaging and b. the style it gives is limited and rather boring. So I bought this in hopes of having the drying process be easier and give me more options to style my hair. It works perfectly for my hair even though its so long and thick surprisingly... the 50mm brush is just right for my hair texture and it has given my hair body that straighteners just dont give. It smooths out my curls, even straightens them if i brush a number of times. Right now my hair is straightened with waves at the end. So much easier than using a hair brush and blowdryer and a lot healthier for your hair than using straighteners. I have not used the other attachments yet. I am hoping this lasts a decent amount of time .. I will update if anything happens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 8 Aug 2014
You have to be careful with this brush. OK for damp hair, but if you let hair dry out too much it frizzes as normal setting seems to be overly hot. I found I had to keep pressing the cool down button every couple of seconds. Handle is also very thick and not easy to get a grip of, nor that easy to wind hair around. Maybe I just need to practice some more, but a little disappointed with product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 12 July 2014
Strong enough air flow to dry my long hair, and it does go hot but not scorching like my old metal barrel styler. My hair looks better for using this (condition as well ). The only slightly annoying bit is the curl release on the smaller barrel attachment is a plastic lever on the barrel itself, not the handle and you have to awkwardly slide it horizontally for about an inch and hold it there to retract the bristles, quite a faff and easy to hit the barrel release button instead. Otherwise, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product., 12 July 2014
I love this product, easy to travel with, as efficient as a larger drier and the brush attachments help straighten my hair faster than using straighteners. I have reccomended to friends

Remington AS7051 Volume and Curl Air Styler