5.0 out of 5 stars If only they had invented this 20 years ago !
I have a lot of thick hair, with added frizz. And I'm really bad at grooming (just haven't got the patience). This bad combination of events has meant over the years I've had constant issues trying to look tidy let alone glamorous.
Published 6 months ago by Hampstead Mackem

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with this product
I am disappointed with this product. The handle is too large and I keep switching it off by mistake because of the position of the on/off switch. It blows very hot and too strong even on the lowest setting, the only alternative being cold setting. The large brush is satisfactory but there isnt a small enough brush.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars If only they had invented this 20 years ago !, 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Remington AS7051 Volume and Curl Air Styler (Personal Care)
I tried everything: products ( don't work) Brazilian Blow Dry ( very expensive flop ) Yuko straightening ( staggeringly expensive flop). In truth, the only thing that ever worked was a professional blow-dry, but let's face it, who has the time and the money to visit the hairdresser twice a week, unless you're a rich dowager living in St Johns Wood ?
Well, this product has changed all that: it really works and even somebody as clueless as me can operate it: in less than 20 minutes I have something that very closely resembles a visit to the hairdresser: result !
PS _ I tried the Babyliss one before and that one did not work. This one though is hot enough and much better quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy Mother Finds Hair Angel, 16 Feb. 2015
Miss Barlow "Oxford Angel" (oxford, uk) - See all my reviews
When my Mother suggested I buy one of these I was sceptical to say the least. Would it become another item that would go unused and gather dust in a cupboard? A resounding no! I absolutely love this and have not used my hairdryer since buying it. It has transformed my hair and my haircare routine. my hair is shinier, more manageable and better looking than ever before and I get my hair done in less than half the time I used to. This is also exceptionally easy to use, with just the right amount of different brushes and the hot air nozzle. I dry my hair to 90% dry using the nozzle on the highest setting, and then slip on the biggest brush for big waves and shine. I love this product, and would not be without it. Having a baby I am always seeking ways to save time, energy and fuss and this has been a lifesaver! I can even use this one handed, so can attend to my little one whilst drying my hair…a first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value and WOW What A Result!, 6 Dec. 2013
ok I'm the first to admit I don't know how to style my hair - at ALL. So when i had layers put in, my hairdresser told me that I should blow dry my hair to get volume and separate the layers. I've tried and failed in the past to do that as working a barrel brush and hairdryer at the same time is a NO for me.

With the volume and curl airstyler, I was surprised that a total goof like me could actually blow dry my hair with excellent results!!! I have hair that comes to my mid back and it's medium - neither thick nor thin, but it is frizzy. I applied serum to wet hair to help with the frizzies and then used a blow-dry cream on my hair - tipped hair upside down and got it partially dry first before using the styler (my hairdresser told me this tip) - then I sectioned hair and was surprised at how easy and quickly the styler did it's job. No tangles, no hair pulling, a VERY powerful drying motion that dried wetter sections of hair in around a minute.

All in all, it took me 20 minutes to blow dry my own hair straight - impressive by my standards as I really am USELESS when it comes to doing things with my hair. The styler was light and easy to use - although the handle was quite thick to hold, it wasn't heavy and didn't catch in my hair like some stylers can. I finished the final style with hairspray and it lasted 2 days - so I am ecstatic and it's taken the fear factor out of blowdrying my hair myself :)

5.0 out of 5 stars ....really saying something!, 28 April 2014
I have had many a Remington air-styler - my favourite of these always being the Remington Big Shot, which was discontinued some years back, much to my consternation. This one looked as if it might be similar, so I ordered it and am so glad I did.

It has a large barrel and the bristles on it are a mixture of hairbrush and plastic bristles, making it strong enough to glide through even thick hair and without snagging - very important! I have medium textured, long hair and lots of it and it glided through it with no problems at all.

It has a nice long cord and two heat settings, plus a cool setting, and at 1000W is more than powerful enough to dry the hair in a matter of minutes, thus cutting down on the amount of time your hair is exposed to the heat. It doesn't overheat and doesn't make the hair smell 'hot' like some do - this might have something to do with the fact that the motor/filter is quite large and the space between the bristles are quite wide, thus allowing the air to circulate better. This is also great for creating that wonderful volume we all look for in an air-styler.

You can use it to blow dry your hair straight or create nice bouncy curls and because the barrel is quite big, it is able to take larger sections of hair; this means you can cut down on drying time when in a hurry or, if you don't have much time in the morning before heading off to work but still want to make sure your hair is styled.

It comes with several attachments - the large barrel and then two smaller ones - one with just plastic bristles and the other, a smaller version of the big barrel. It also has a blow dry attachment which allows you to get right to the roots of your hair and add a bit extra lift. All the attachments can be stored away in the nice, black cloth pouch included, which is great as, not only does it keep all the attachments together in one place, but it also protects the filter/motor from dust.

I am going to go as far as saying that this is the best hot air-styler I've ever bought and over the years, I've purchased several. I would even go as far as saying that it is better than the 'Big Shot' - and that's really saying something!

If there is one downside to it, I haven't found it yet!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, 15 Nov. 2013
Ok first off I have pretty messy quite long frizzy curly hair which I struggle with mostly. I work in a dusty environment decorating, tiling, building stuff in my shed etc so I tended to wash it, air dry it, then top-of-head-bun-it out of the way. UNTIL...recently I made the grown up decision to improve my everyday presentation to the world with a 40th fast approaching. I ordered this after my hairdresser mentioned her friend had something similar. Well, its unbelievable what I can achieve in no joke 12 minutes, Sorts me out for 2 days then I look forward to doing it again as it looks like when I've been to the hairdressers....if not better. I think I was the ultimate test for this product being uniterested in spending any time on my hair as I could never get it right as whatever I did it always puffed up minutes later to a ball of frizz. If I can use it anyone can.

Don't delay, get it, its so so easy to use, the swivel cord is genius, the slowest setting is fine as your hair is still done quick as a flash. I could seriously be in an ad with what I've done with my hair using this and a bit of Daniel Galvin Berutti Oil on afterwards which smells divine. Thumbs up from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 6 July 2013
I have severe arthritis so drying my thick shoulder length hair is a looong and painful job. I bought the Remington hot air styler and it has transformed my hair routine. I wash my hair, leave it to almost dry and in 5 mins of using the styler it produces a look that is as good as my hairdresser without hassle and pain!!! The changeable heads mean I can change my look with ease, for anyone this is brilliant for anyone with pain or disability its perfect!!!
Thanks Remington

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy Them!!, 22 Jan. 2015
This is amazing! I have a bob and could never achieve the just stepped out of a salon bounce with my straighteners. Used these with damp hair and don't need to use straighteners as well which is perfect. I would recommend these to everyone. Well worth the money, they're quick and easy to use. Perfect!!

4.0 out of 5 stars cant go wrong ,great price, great result ,fast delivery, 31 Dec. 2014
The outcome of your hair once uve used this is brilliant.adds volume, gets rid of frizz and fly aways and just makes the whole process of styling and drying quicker and easier. only thing is it over heats (but there's a cooling button u can hold) its kinda tricky as handle is bit too big for my little hands but apart from that ...... still well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with this product, 4 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual Purpose & Versatile, 30 July 2013
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I have used a combined dryer/styler and I am very impressed with it. I wish this sort of appliance had been around when I was younger and had medium to long hair. Oh well!

On first use I did not make the best job of my hair, but this does not take anything away from the product. I need to get used to it and at present my hair is a little too short to get the best out of the attachments.

Plus Points:
> Lightweight and comfortable to hold
> Versatile 2 in 1 Dryer/Styler easier to stow away
> Very good value for a 2 in 1 Styler
> 3 year Guarantee (Remington are obviously very confident in their product)
> Swivel power cord makes it easy to use & suitable for right or left hand use
> Has a hanging hook
> Long power cable - 96½ inches (245mm)
> Heat resistant drawcord storage bag which holds the complete set
> 2 speed, 3 heat inc cool shot, which is the pink button. When it is depressed and pushed upwards, it will lock on cool.
> All attachments are very easy to affix to the main unit. Just align where marked, push on, turn clockwise and they click in. To remove just push the button on the main unit
> The concentrator nozzle is excellent
> The main body of the unit can be used to dry the hair without any of the attachments. I have used it this way and it dried the hair well and quickly

Minus Points:
< When in use on the fastest speed, it is very noisy
< A thinner brush is needed for short hair to complete the set
< I think it would be easier on medium to long hair if all the brush attachments had retractable bristles to prevent dragging and tearing

A great buy to treat yourself or get the man in your life to buy it as a gift.
(pics above)

Having used it quite a few times now, my opinion is that even if you do not use or want attachments such as these, given its great drying power and the light weight of the unit, it is far easier to use as just an ordinary hair dryer, rather than an appliance that is solely that. Being barrel shape it seems to be more balanced and easier to hold. The concentrator nozzle works like the normal end of a conventional hair dryer, but without the bulk and the weight.

Update 27 Dec 2013.
Having only used this for drying my hair, I love it even more and would not go back to using my old hairdryer. This is so much easier and more comfortable, it really is and is so light and comfortable to hold.

Remington AS7051 Volume and Curl Air Styler