Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£11.80

on 13 February 2013
As far as highland romances go this was a pretty good one, it had all the elements I like to see in my highland novels as well as a Romeo and Juliet factor. This is about a Englishman who works for the king falling in love with a Scotswoman determined to fight for freedom and for the most part it worked.

Both the characters were really great, I really admired Megan's determination to fight so put her people above everything and was willing to give her life in defence of them, even if that meant making a deal of peace with the people who had ruined her life. She wasn't swoony or silly but was super smart instead and gave as good as she got from the beginning to the end.

Rolf was great to he was a good man and tried to do the best for everyone. Megan knocked him bowled him over and he was determined to do what he could for her, even marry her to protect her. All the supporting characters, especially Robbie was great. I felt really sorry for him he had loved Megan all his life and would do anything for her.

The romance was good but it felt a little cold I didn't quite feel the chemistry that I think I should have. I could see that Rolf had genuine feelings for Megan but she held back a lot and the romance didn't quite have the punch it could have.

The Thorn & Thistle is an enjoyable read the interested be from beginning to end. it is a good way to spend a few hours.