Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire

on 8 April 2014
Lovely colour and the rather upright design is attractive and feels very stable. It doesn't boil quite as fast as my old one but that was never a concern; what I wanted a kettle with a fully opening lid as many now seem to only open half-way. With this one, the lid comes right off which I thought might irritate me but it doesn't at all. It also means the lid is on very securely whilst using the kettle. This kettle has a good pouring spout, too, so water goes where you want it to and doesn't dribble all over the place.

It wasn't the cheapest option but I am very glad that I bought this kettle.
on 22 April 2015
My wife wasn't too happy that I had ordered a red kettle, but the old kettle kept spilling everywhere, the spout was rubbish and making a mess everywhere. And anyway, we had a red toaster - so I thought the idea was to match everything. What little do I know. Anyway, the Bosch kettle arrived and it is a masterpiece of german engineering. The spout is perfect - not one drip goes where it isn't meant to go. It is not particularly loud, it boils fast, it has a useful cup measurement on the side, this is the best kettle I have ever owned! My wife is also happy with it which is a bonus.
on 16 July 2014
One of my 'better buys!!' Having read and re-read many reviews I opted for this Bosh kettle, not only is it 'light' to handle, easy to fill once you get the hang of the screw top lid, which in all honesty is EASY to use.... and quick to boil! I particularly like the twin sided water gauge, advising how many cups of water left for each cup, I highly recommend if you want a 'no frills' reliable kettle.
on 7 December 2013
I bought this Bosch kettle to replace the Russell Hobbs one that we had. We have now had it for about three weeks and so far all is good. It heats the water very quickly and relatively quietly (though possibly not as quiet as some). You can fill the kettle either by removing the lid or pouring through the spout but with the latter I tend to feel I am probably just washing the filtered lime scale back into the kettle so I don't really like to do that. The lid is easy to remove but takes a little more work putting it back on (you have to twist it into position). If it hadn't been for that I would have given the product 5 stars as over all I am extremely pleased with it and I| felt it was a very reasonable price.
on 8 August 2014
As a pensioner this kettle is perfect in that it is very light and is streamlined so doesn't take up a lot of space.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
The Bosch is a true jug kettle style. Most current kettles are the short, squat metal ones, and too heavy for me to comfortably hold when full.

The twist top is different, but fine, better than the press button release ones we've previously had. The filter is sturdy, sited inside the spout. The water guide is clear. When it boils, it's quiet and fairly quick.

The whole kettle sits on the base, cord can be shortened beneath. All in all - as my title - Quiet and Effective.
on 30 April 2015
This was bought to replace another well known brand kettle that was nearly new but sometimes didn't switch off properly so you returned to a kitchen turned into a sauna..dangerous! Anyway I got this one mainly because I get Bosch staff discount so it was very reasonable cost! And actually it feels a step up in quality from the cheapo ones. Its a bit slow I find, possibly due to the narrow/tall design the heating plate has less contact area with the water. Its not especially quiet either but the noise is a lower muted sound compared to some that hubble and bubble annoyingly. I like the secure screw in lid but think the spout could be a shade bigger for filling. The colour is very similar to my older Bosch Tassimo so sits alongside it nicely looking almost designer or planned (pot luck really!). I like the way the switch tab lights a matching red colour when its on, nice aesthetic touch. Worth the RRP, quite probably, worth what I paid, certainly.
on 11 March 2015
Very attractive, efficient, large capacity kettle at a good price. I have tried some far more expensive models and each time had to return as defective in some way (Krups, Morphy Richards, Dualit) I have found basic kettles (over 40 years of experience) generally to be the most reliable. This costs more than it is necessary to pay for a kettle that works, but for me is worth it for its design - the shape and dimensions, good to handle, nice dark red (looks good in the black and white/cream also) generous capacity, easy to fill and descale etc. - and it is not expensive compared with many fancy brands. One reviewer complained that it 'overboils' - I like the fact that it does not cut out immediately when one wants to pour it on a rolling boil - for tea making for example. I would be interested to know which kettles this reviewer approves, given their dissatisfaction with this as a 'flawed' design.
on 30 December 2013
Bought this on recommendation and it's perfect. My lat kettle was fine at first but started to leak so it had to go. Contrary to other reports, I find the lid on this kettle very easy to remove and filling either through the top or spout is not a problem. It's a pity that updates can't be given several months after using the products to compare feedback with that given earlier.
on 10 May 2014
With a red kitchen that is reminding me of the Eighties, my wife wanted something non-metal (because of lime in our water) and that looked different. The lid unscrews completely and offers the ability to get a hand in to clean it. The flat bottom allows us to boil a thimble full to a kettle full. Power conscious? This is the one to go for. It boils quickly too.