4.5 out of 5 stars1,371
Colour: BlackChange

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 August 2014
I bought this after far too much time spent researching kettles; the reviews for this product were the main contributor to my decision and I'm not disappointed.

I did (really) consider spending £100 and getting a design classic with outstanding performance; well, if you're bored, have a look at such devices and see real discrepancy on reviewers' opinions. That's why I chose this kettle; a solid manufacturer's reputation (I own a Bosch washing machine ... it's nearly 20 years' old and a Bosch dishwasher, now 12 years' old ... ) and a majority of positive opinion in the feedback.

Anyway; it's here, it looks like the picture and it works well. It's quiet, it's round (can't see that in the images ... it's about 15 cm in diameter) and 23 cm tall on its charging base. It boils quickly and quietly and switches off soon after boiling.

The lid opens easily; the spout pours without spilling or dripping. There's a water gauge on both sides that seems to be pretty accurate too. It does a reasonable job of keeping boiled water warm should one decide to switch the kettle back on for a top-up.

So ... £75 left in the kitty and a kettle that is entirely functional and not too bad to look at either.

Do give it your consideration!
22 comments294 of 298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2014
Love this kettle! As I'm a 'Methodical Mary' I researched A LOT before deciding to try this... so don't waste your time; if you like what I have to say and it answers your questions, just buy it and spend your time doing something more worthwhile. ;-)

I bought the TWK7603GB to replace a very old Black Bosch Brita Filter kettle that, although working perfectly, had a build-up of limescale around the spout and looked unsightly, as well as being no longer needed as we recently had a Brita Torlan tap fitted.

At first I thought it looked a tad cheap and wasn’t 100% sure about the grey trim, but once in the kitchen the kettle looks good and more importantly is great to use.

Pros:
* Fill level at the front (& back) of the kettle – our previous one had it hidden by the handle which was difficult to see
* 0.3l (1 cup) minimum fill – our previous one was 0.5l (2 cup) minimum fill
* Really light & small (but not too small)
* No dribble from the base when pouring – our previous one often left me with water on the floor where it seemed to dribble from the spout along the body and from the base on to the floor
* Looks great alongside a black induction hob :-)

Cons:
- None

We didn’t notice the plastic taste others mention though did follow the instructions to use white distilled vinegar before first use.

I timed – yes I know that is a very sad thing to do(!) - both the new and old kettle to see if there was any difference; the difference was marginal.
review image review image review image
0Comment119 of 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2014
Best kettle yet - light to lift, quick to boil, one-cup capacity very useful and cost saving. Automatic lid excellent.
0Comment58 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2013
Brilliant product. Sturdy. Very German. Boils fast. Clearly visible level of water. Opens and closes well. Nice looking light. Plastic body -- no metal taste, can safely touch to check if it's hot. I really like how water pours from it. Very satisfied. Recommended.
22 comments125 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2014
Looks good, boils quickly, and is much easier to fill than my old kettle. That was stainless steel, which started to leak around the water level window after a couple of years average use. Was going to buy same model again, but nearly twice the price of this one. Am well pleased with kettle, and would not hesitate to buy again.
0Comment68 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2013
Editted above the dashed line

I've had this kettle for half a year now and it's still going strong. It's quiet, fast and easy to pour. I'm very happy with this purchase and it was a good decision to replace our perfectly healthy but poorly designed phillips kettle that has now been donated for free online to someone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Only bought this kettle this week for GBP30. So far I'm very happy.

Ordered 16th Dec arrived 18th Dec. Even had two emails saying firstly that it'd been dispatched (quite usual), and then a second email saying it was going to arrive today (on the 18th). I am a prime member so I don't know if this is usual for this product or not.

I won't claim to be a kettle expert, but I am a thorough researcher whenever I buy any product whatsoever. So I researched kettles prior to this purchase, including reading through all other reviewers opinions. This kettle hasn't disappointed. I followed the instructions that came with the kettle which basically involves boiling full kettle twice, and the first boil should be followed by dropping a spoonful of white vinegar before pouring away and doing a second full boil. No bad tastes for any of my teas experienced so far.

The kettle itself is designed well. The base allows you to revolve the kettle to a right hander or left hander side. The pouring spout is large and seems to me to have no splash when pouring into a mug (though I can't think why this should be different from other kettles but just seems so).

There is a push button release for the lid that is away from any steam areas so you can refill right after a boil without risk of being burned (something many kettles still lack!). It's also relatively light so easy to pick up. Looks wise you can judge for yourself of course but it doesn't feel cheap.

Lastly, and maybe important for some but not others, this item is shorter than most other 1.7 liter boiling kettles. It has a larger circumference and I thought there had been a mistake when I saw the box because it's really quite small. By the way, the box for the product was shipped in a larger Amazon box with some paper inside for extra padding. Though with Courier delivery I don't think it's even necessary but good to see all the same.

I knew the features I wanted from a kettle, if you want what this kettle offers you won't be disappointed.
77 comments144 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2015
I'm giving this kettle one star because it looks nice. I followed the instructions precisely using vinegar as recommended and boiling the kettle with fresh water several times. The first time I brewed tea it smelt and tasted foul with a peculiar chemical/metallic tang. Three days later the tang is still there albeit at a reduced level. Either the plastic or metal (or both) used to make the kettle is defective and it is not fit for purpose. The only thing Bosch about this item is the name and it does nothing for a fine company's reputation. The kettle is made in China.
on 15 September 2013
Great kettle, can boil just a cupful, is quiet as far as kettles go and boils fast too. Couldn't ask for anything better!
0Comment71 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2013
Can watch the thing boil. Tells you when there is not enough water. Good price and a very good product. This kettle id well made. even though it might lack any charisma it does the job and does it well.
on 9 January 2014
This is an excellent mid-price kettle with few fancy frills, but very well-designed. For example, it’s well-balanced, nice shape, looks stylish, has a good capacity, water levels and power indicator are clearly visible for both right and left-handed positions, and it pours cleanly from its snub-nose spout every time, with no spills or dribbling. Straightforward, and good value for money.
0Comment38 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse