5.0 out of 5 stars A review-based purchase that's left money in my pocket
I bought this after far too much time spent researching kettles; the reviews for this product were the main contributor to my decision and I'm not disappointed.

Published 9 months ago by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid broke within 2 days
I love the clear display, which makes it really easy to see how much you are boiling and not overfill. It's not the most stylish kettle, as it's plastic, but good for the money.

BUT...we boiled several times, including with bicarb, but couldn't get rid of the plastic taste. And then the button to open the lid jammed after only a couple of days use and we...
Published 13 months ago by Ms L. Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars A review-based purchase that's left money in my pocket, 20 Aug. 2014
JB (Chudleigh, Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)

I did (really) consider spending £100 and getting a design classic with outstanding performance; well, if you're bored, have a look at such devices and see real discrepancy on reviewers' opinions. That's why I chose this kettle; a solid manufacturer's reputation (I own a Bosch washing machine ... it's nearly 20 years' old and a Bosch dishwasher, now 12 years' old ... ) and a majority of positive opinion in the feedback.

Anyway; it's here, it looks like the picture and it works well. It's quiet, it's round (can't see that in the images ... it's about 15 cm in diameter) and 23 cm tall on its charging base. It boils quickly and quietly and switches off soon after boiling.

The lid opens easily; the spout pours without spilling or dripping. There's a water gauge on both sides that seems to be pretty accurate too. It does a reasonable job of keeping boiled water warm should one decide to switch the kettle back on for a top-up.

So ... £75 left in the kitty and a kettle that is entirely functional and not too bad to look at either.

Do give it your consideration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Looks good, boils quickly, and is much easier to fill than my old kettle. That was stainless steel, which started to leak around the water level window after a couple of years average use. Was going to buy same model again, but nearly twice the price of this one. Am well pleased with kettle, and would not hesitate to buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product., 31 Oct. 2013
Brilliant product. Sturdy. Very German. Boils fast. Clearly visible level of water. Opens and closes well. Nice looking light. Plastic body -- no metal taste, can safely touch to check if it's hot. I really like how water pours from it. Very satisfied. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Capital Kettle, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Best kettle yet - light to lift, quick to boil, one-cup capacity very useful and cost saving. Automatic lid excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boils really fast and quietly!, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Great kettle, can boil just a cupful, is quiet as far as kettles go and boils fast too. Couldn't ask for anything better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 10 Oct. 2013
This is an excellent kettle which looks good and boils fast.
It is quiet and switches off quickly after boiling.
It sits firmly on the base ( no rocking like previous kettles we have had ) and is very easy to fill.
Followed instructions on first two boils and absolutely no aftertaste of metal or plastic.
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kettle, 25 Nov. 2013
This kettle is a good worker...bought really for the name..I had a Bosch washing machine for approx 21 years
Had this kettle for a week...excellent..
Lightweight easy to handle for a weak wrist, even when just boiled, is not too hot to touch
The on/off switch is sturdy, spout wide for filling and pouring, lid easy to open and close and the filter and inside easy to clean
It looks good, dove grey and cream, with a tidy footprint on a counter, with a swivel base.
Kettles are for me important, I love tea :-)
No plastic after taste that I can detect.
Can recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Goood, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Editted above the dashed line

I've had this kettle for half a year now and it's still going strong. It's quiet, fast and easy to pour. I'm very happy with this purchase and it was a good decision to replace our perfectly healthy but poorly designed phillips kettle that has now been donated for free online to someone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Only bought this kettle this week for GBP30. So far I'm very happy.

Ordered 16th Dec arrived 18th Dec. Even had two emails saying firstly that it'd been dispatched (quite usual), and then a second email saying it was going to arrive today (on the 18th). I am a prime member so I don't know if this is usual for this product or not.

I won't claim to be a kettle expert, but I am a thorough researcher whenever I buy any product whatsoever. So I researched kettles prior to this purchase, including reading through all other reviewers opinions. This kettle hasn't disappointed. I followed the instructions that came with the kettle which basically involves boiling full kettle twice, and the first boil should be followed by dropping a spoonful of white vinegar before pouring away and doing a second full boil. No bad tastes for any of my teas experienced so far.

The kettle itself is designed well. The base allows you to revolve the kettle to a right hander or left hander side. The pouring spout is large and seems to me to have no splash when pouring into a mug (though I can't think why this should be different from other kettles but just seems so).

There is a push button release for the lid that is away from any steam areas so you can refill right after a boil without risk of being burned (something many kettles still lack!). It's also relatively light so easy to pick up. Looks wise you can judge for yourself of course but it doesn't feel cheap.

Lastly, and maybe important for some but not others, this item is shorter than most other 1.7 liter boiling kettles. It has a larger circumference and I thought there had been a mistake when I saw the box because it's really quite small. By the way, the box for the product was shipped in a larger Amazon box with some paper inside for extra padding. Though with Courier delivery I don't think it's even necessary but good to see all the same.

I knew the features I wanted from a kettle, if you want what this kettle offers you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best all-round option for the descerning, 28 May 2014
T. J. Gavin (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Was looking in some of the big stores and online for something powerful, well designed that would last and wasn't going to cost £100. Here it is, I was shocked at some of the high-end kettles that looked great online, letdown when you see them for real. The Bosch is a bit different, I had never seen this one anywhere else, its made of plastic, not pretending to be metal like some of the other brands. Downside was - and this nearly stopped me from buying - but don't let it put you off, some people reported a plastic taste, that's true but if you read the instructions it gives you a method, I also used carbonate soda, also need to change the water each time you boil it for the first 2 weeks, now it's fine. Boils very fast, keeps clean easy, reminds me of minimal early 90's design. Pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Black Bosch Kettle - TWK7603GB, 30 May 2014
Mrs. Nikki Parker "Salsa Chick" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle (Kitchen & Home)
Love this kettle! As I'm a 'Methodical Mary' I researched A LOT before deciding to try this... so don't waste your time; if you like what I have to say and it answers your questions, just buy it and spend your time doing something more worthwhile. ;-)

I bought the TWK7603GB to replace a very old Black Bosch Brita Filter kettle that, although working perfectly, had a build-up of limescale around the spout and looked unsightly, as well as being no longer needed as we recently had a Brita Torlan tap fitted.

At first I thought it looked a tad cheap and wasn’t 100% sure about the grey trim, but once in the kitchen the kettle looks good and more importantly is great to use.

Pros:
* Fill level at the front (& back) of the kettle – our previous one had it hidden by the handle which was difficult to see
* 0.3l (1 cup) minimum fill – our previous one was 0.5l (2 cup) minimum fill
* Really light & small (but not too small)
* No dribble from the base when pouring – our previous one often left me with water on the floor where it seemed to dribble from the spout along the body and from the base on to the floor
* Looks great alongside a black induction hob :-)

Cons:
- None

We didn’t notice the plastic taste others mention though did follow the instructions to use white distilled vinegar before first use.

I timed – yes I know that is a very sad thing to do(!) - both the new and old kettle to see if there was any difference; the difference was marginal.

Bosch TWK7603GB Kettle